Closing PAYE Schemes
Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
Company directors pay themselves a salary of £624.00 per month by standing order. The amount puts them just below the point at which their company has to pay Class 1 employers contributions. There must be tens of thousands of such cases.
No payments are due to HMRC and we do a P60/P35 each year.
This is not a question about RTI.
We have been receiving letters from HMRC saying that there is no indication that we are operating PAYE and therefore they are going to close the scheme.
Further enquiry shows that they send this letter if no money is being received by Accounts office.
But we ARE operating PAYE, it’s just there are no deductions.
We have an annual payments flag set by Accounts office. Had this flag not been set, we would have been receiving reminders for payments.
The lady at HMRC this morning said that annual payment schemes are rare these days. Why is this?
Of course, when you phone, they have their stock answers and do not understand how things work in practice. No-one at HMRC seems able or willing to flag up the fact that potentially something is going wrong which is so frustrating.
I've had 11 of these this week.
Has anyone else experienced this and how have you deal with it?
Or is it me!
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 292 16
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 663 12
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 72 2
- Personal pension 431 9
- Business rates consultancy 255 4
- Wrong tax code 149 6
- Benefit in Kind 239 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 71 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 248 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,051 31
- Deferred Tax 466 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 204 1
- You know its over 479 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 241 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 142 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 227 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,270 14
- Cocaine anyone? 619 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 145 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 178 3
- Hive up 509
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 450
- Advice - 291
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 235
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 215
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 192
- The booking.com con 167
- UK State pension paid in NZ 163