Closing PAYE Schemes
Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
Company directors pay themselves a salary of £624.00 per month by standing order. The amount puts them just below the point at which their company has to pay Class 1 employers contributions. There must be tens of thousands of such cases.
No payments are due to HMRC and we do a P60/P35 each year.
This is not a question about RTI.
We have been receiving letters from HMRC saying that there is no indication that we are operating PAYE and therefore they are going to close the scheme.
Further enquiry shows that they send this letter if no money is being received by Accounts office.
But we ARE operating PAYE, it’s just there are no deductions.
We have an annual payments flag set by Accounts office. Had this flag not been set, we would have been receiving reminders for payments.
The lady at HMRC this morning said that annual payment schemes are rare these days. Why is this?
Of course, when you phone, they have their stock answers and do not understand how things work in practice. No-one at HMRC seems able or willing to flag up the fact that potentially something is going wrong which is so frustrating.
I've had 11 of these this week.
Has anyone else experienced this and how have you deal with it?
Or is it me!
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 99 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 141 2
- Gross sales to purchases 119 1
- I know ... 1,226 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 684 18
- Tax on principal private residence 222 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 223 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 247 2
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 230 4
- Personal pension contributions 250 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 323 4
- RTI Filing 947 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 261 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 396 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 215 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 132 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 455 21
- Getting advice from HMRC 662 14
- Tax calc and NIC 222 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,834 29
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 702
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 470
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 308
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 276
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 246
- growth voucher supplier 223
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 188
- VAT on Gaming Machines 169
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 158
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 155