Closing PAYE Schemes
Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
Company directors pay themselves a salary of £624.00 per month by standing order. The amount puts them just below the point at which their company has to pay Class 1 employers contributions. There must be tens of thousands of such cases.
No payments are due to HMRC and we do a P60/P35 each year.
This is not a question about RTI.
We have been receiving letters from HMRC saying that there is no indication that we are operating PAYE and therefore they are going to close the scheme.
Further enquiry shows that they send this letter if no money is being received by Accounts office.
But we ARE operating PAYE, it’s just there are no deductions.
We have an annual payments flag set by Accounts office. Had this flag not been set, we would have been receiving reminders for payments.
The lady at HMRC this morning said that annual payment schemes are rare these days. Why is this?
Of course, when you phone, they have their stock answers and do not understand how things work in practice. No-one at HMRC seems able or willing to flag up the fact that potentially something is going wrong which is so frustrating.
I've had 11 of these this week.
Has anyone else experienced this and how have you deal with it?
Or is it me!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 641 5
- See you all on the other side 692 6
- 12Pay 458 2
- dividends 609 2
- R&D 317 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,181 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 440 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 414 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 373 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 545 5
- Seeking a tax case 642 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 549 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 429 2
- Moving to the cloud 745 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 904 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 210 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,092 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 501 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Marginal rates of tax 292
- Class 2 NI 277