Closing PAYE Schemes
Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
Company directors pay themselves a salary of £624.00 per month by standing order. The amount puts them just below the point at which their company has to pay Class 1 employers contributions. There must be tens of thousands of such cases.
No payments are due to HMRC and we do a P60/P35 each year.
This is not a question about RTI.
We have been receiving letters from HMRC saying that there is no indication that we are operating PAYE and therefore they are going to close the scheme.
Further enquiry shows that they send this letter if no money is being received by Accounts office.
But we ARE operating PAYE, it’s just there are no deductions.
We have an annual payments flag set by Accounts office. Had this flag not been set, we would have been receiving reminders for payments.
The lady at HMRC this morning said that annual payment schemes are rare these days. Why is this?
Of course, when you phone, they have their stock answers and do not understand how things work in practice. No-one at HMRC seems able or willing to flag up the fact that potentially something is going wrong which is so frustrating.
I've had 11 of these this week.
Has anyone else experienced this and how have you deal with it?
Or is it me!
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 144 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,982 50
- R&D tax credit claim 248 6
- CIC Company 489 6
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 335 8
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 243 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 503 11
- HMRC Property campaign 774 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 185 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 104 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 359 12
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 88 1
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 529 8
- Small company audit 286 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 231 5
- Problem partnership fees 153 1
- Car financed by employee 140 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 142 1
- Undisclosed income 238 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 609
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 337
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 268
- Probiz 254
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 210
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 198
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 188