Closing PAYE Schemes
Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
Company directors pay themselves a salary of £624.00 per month by standing order. The amount puts them just below the point at which their company has to pay Class 1 employers contributions. There must be tens of thousands of such cases.
No payments are due to HMRC and we do a P60/P35 each year.
This is not a question about RTI.
We have been receiving letters from HMRC saying that there is no indication that we are operating PAYE and therefore they are going to close the scheme.
Further enquiry shows that they send this letter if no money is being received by Accounts office.
But we ARE operating PAYE, it’s just there are no deductions.
We have an annual payments flag set by Accounts office. Had this flag not been set, we would have been receiving reminders for payments.
The lady at HMRC this morning said that annual payment schemes are rare these days. Why is this?
Of course, when you phone, they have their stock answers and do not understand how things work in practice. No-one at HMRC seems able or willing to flag up the fact that potentially something is going wrong which is so frustrating.
I've had 11 of these this week.
Has anyone else experienced this and how have you deal with it?
Or is it me!
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 128 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 126 1
- Instant CPD offer 286 4
- Cash basis 519 13
- Income from rent charged to business 129 2
- payroll software 371 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 443 5
- Statutory sick pay 309 4
- Dividend in specie 370 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 221 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 176 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 146 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 275 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 295 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 169 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 388 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,858 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 336 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 260 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 111 1
- Skandia using wrong address 577
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 309
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 308
- Employee rewards 290
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 258
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 229
- Etax Australian 189
- LLP in Construction Industry 156
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 133
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 132