Closing PAYE Schemes
Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
Company directors pay themselves a salary of £624.00 per month by standing order. The amount puts them just below the point at which their company has to pay Class 1 employers contributions. There must be tens of thousands of such cases.
No payments are due to HMRC and we do a P60/P35 each year.
This is not a question about RTI.
We have been receiving letters from HMRC saying that there is no indication that we are operating PAYE and therefore they are going to close the scheme.
Further enquiry shows that they send this letter if no money is being received by Accounts office.
But we ARE operating PAYE, it’s just there are no deductions.
We have an annual payments flag set by Accounts office. Had this flag not been set, we would have been receiving reminders for payments.
The lady at HMRC this morning said that annual payment schemes are rare these days. Why is this?
Of course, when you phone, they have their stock answers and do not understand how things work in practice. No-one at HMRC seems able or willing to flag up the fact that potentially something is going wrong which is so frustrating.
I've had 11 of these this week.
Has anyone else experienced this and how have you deal with it?
Or is it me!
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 239 7
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 211 6
- Company Structure 221 1
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 326 1
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 651 14
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 316 4
- The importance of Grammar 1,934 56
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 539 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 254 8
- Freelance/Employee 433 10
- Freehold management company 161 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 228 6
- System selection 247 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 160 1
- Director Liability 161 2
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 401 4
- exemptions from CIS 278 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 595 10
- Xero Pain Points 666 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 298 13
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 359
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 341
- Electric Car 269
- S222 Charge 233
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 232
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 178
- IP trans to holding company 171
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 156
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 156