Closing PAYE Schemes
Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?
Company directors pay themselves a salary of £624.00 per month by standing order. The amount puts them just below the point at which their company has to pay Class 1 employers contributions. There must be tens of thousands of such cases.
No payments are due to HMRC and we do a P60/P35 each year.
This is not a question about RTI.
We have been receiving letters from HMRC saying that there is no indication that we are operating PAYE and therefore they are going to close the scheme.
Further enquiry shows that they send this letter if no money is being received by Accounts office.
But we ARE operating PAYE, it’s just there are no deductions.
We have an annual payments flag set by Accounts office. Had this flag not been set, we would have been receiving reminders for payments.
The lady at HMRC this morning said that annual payment schemes are rare these days. Why is this?
Of course, when you phone, they have their stock answers and do not understand how things work in practice. No-one at HMRC seems able or willing to flag up the fact that potentially something is going wrong which is so frustrating.
I've had 11 of these this week.
Has anyone else experienced this and how have you deal with it?
Or is it me!
- Declined for business bank account 230 5
- Help with Mortgage Application? 476 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 167 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,615 283
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 212 10
- Standard 'email' template system 875 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 459 9
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,027 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 215 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 89 1
- Circular shareholding 231 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 188 6
- business card address 300 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 213 2
- Loan to a related company 101 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 657 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 331 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 268 8
- property rental income split 128 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 137 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,112
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 366
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 239
- Payments on account coded out?? 228
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 221
- Non Resident 186
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 180
- Franchise income and costs 176