Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 147 4
- Accountants' Error 699 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 145 3
- Scoot 183 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 153 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 203 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 661 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,454 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 110 1
- Regaining my qualification 201 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 235 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 233 2
- Auto enrolment 194 3
- Shareholder agreement 174 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 197 3
- Company Reorganisation 165 3
- Employee Loan 208 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 465 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 596 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 150 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,453
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 766
- Any views 699
- HMRC Employers Diary 523
- International interest certificate 426
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 389
- Sale of business 355
- NOVA 261
- Advertising services? 257
- IRIS Open Books problem 250