Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- How to pay national insurance 175 6
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 190 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 66 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 96 2
- P11D Rejection 373 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 523 14
- Selling a practice 356 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,279 20
- Incapable of reading 143 1
- Overlap relief 466 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 131 1
- Dormant payroll 842 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 148 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,346 21
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 629 13
- PPR exemption on separation 150 1
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,556 10
- Intercompany loans 118 1
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 187 3
- Limited Company 354 11
- Theatre Tax Relief 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 346
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 337
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 311
- Perkbox 275
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 242
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 242
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 240
- Document Management Systems 215
- WIP Software 200