Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 738 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,148 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 699 31
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 58 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 253 8
- recompense capital input 190 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 103 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 226 2
- CT losses carry back 93 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 547 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 161 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 766 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 418 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,276 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 142 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 184 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 230 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 992 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 214 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 258 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 798
- RTI - duplicate employee record 564
- Pensions Regulator 455
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 414
- Portia ... Where art thou 335
- Sanzar 317
- How do you do it 304
- Digital marketing focus group 300
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 274
- new investor structure 184