Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- RTI Filing 1,742 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 60 1
- Wrong career 47 1
- Fee's for P11D's 287 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 208 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 40 1
- reporting salary? 165 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 315 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 270 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 89 3
- Value pricing 576 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 382 1
- Childcare Vouchers 171 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 217 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,307 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 94 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 135 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 81 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 522
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 215
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- vat return 166
- Free Tax Legislation? 161