Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- Rental income 203 3
- Cash basis 178 6
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 646 27
- Cash basis 827 29
- NIC thresholds - two employments 2,010 34
- Auto-Enrolment 4,306 189
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 371 12
- Please tell me what to do!! 501 13
- VAT on exports to EU 115 5
- 5th April 408 16
- s455 Directors loan 269 4
- Company buy back of shares from directors 244 11
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 294 2
- Investor exit 261 4
- client threatening legal action 2,345 31
- When & How much of Income to recognise 162 2
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 264 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 363 14
- Undeclared rental income 2,615 23
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 82 1
- Skandia using wrong address 620
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 331
- Employee rewards 311
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 276
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 241
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 167
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 160
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 149
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 143