Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- Interest on pre-letting? 60 4
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 24 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,656 44
- Anybody still doing returns? 110 6
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 166 6
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,670 22
- Rent a room scheme query. 215 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 301 13
- Clothing 404 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 94 6
- Why do I do this every year 542 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 702 24
- client can't/won't pay 2,016 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 289 5
- Self assesment online 1,066 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 119 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 745 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 256 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 147 1
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 169 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 586
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 423
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 318
- Scratch Head 250
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182