Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 469 10
- Declined for business bank account 248 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,629 284
- Help with Mortgage Application? 483 7
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 181 3
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 213 10
- Standard 'email' template system 883 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,029 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 218 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 95 1
- Circular shareholding 234 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 193 6
- business card address 313 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 109 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 663 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 339 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 274 8
- property rental income split 135 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 139 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,116
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 368
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 300
- National Insurance 269
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 230
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 223
- Non Resident 188
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 184
- Franchise income and costs 178