Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- IHT Query 55 2
- Reversing out RTI 106 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 293 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 842 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 296 8
- Capital Gain? 401 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 269 6
- BrightPay 610 18
- Classic cars investment 238 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 210 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 320 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 329 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 269 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 263 2
- H&W company 222 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 193 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 170 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 168 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 808 32
- VAT silly question 2,413 56
- Benchmarking 492
- Possible Partnership? 436
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 412
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 410
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 356
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 210
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 209
- Clubs and Taxable Income 199
- Income tax on foreign dividends 192
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 186