Club being given property
I am a treasurer of a club in the UK. The members of this club all own apartments in a complex abroad. We do have a constitution and rules but this matter is not covered.
Due to severe financial problems, one of our members can no longer afford to pay fees that the club use to pay for repairs, legal fees, security etc, and just wants to walk away without fear of future liablilty. He has offered his deeds to his property in exchange for clearing his debts.
Is this legal?
Can the UK based voluntary club take control of his property?
Who will actually own the property ie will it have to be held in trust for members and what if other members also fail to pay and then ultimately leave the club?
Thank you in advance
- Banks and box ticking 25 1
- Tax Allowance on University Course 1,780 7
- Lloyds bank ... 206 2
- Company Name - Number of Characters 117 2
- Bulk Invoicing 63 2
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 62 1
- cancellation of Engagement 459 12
- Profit or Capital Gain 95 3
- How to complain about HMRC 350 11
- Protocol on SEIS & EIS 96 4
- Car leased by Co, cost made good in full. Am I missing a trick? 187 7
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 675 21
- FRS percentage 222 5
- Adding Tables to Wizard 50 1
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 475 5
- Companies House 860 7
- Accountancy work for Farmers 315 12
- PAYE for a babysitter? 370 17
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 170 2
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 81 1
- CTA study material 666
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 403
- Employment related securities question 250
- ATED Penalties 227
- AIM Stocks and IHT 205
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 182
- Trust for Employee 165
- Expat pension contributions? 160
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 125
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 111