I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 116 2
- monthly payments 23 1
- Fixed Assets 292 6
- Tick & Bash Bristol 350 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 243 12
- Client Death 217 2
- Coding notices post P11d 1,848 12
- Tax position re this lease? 190 3
- Normal trading company or property management company for CT600? 142 1
- What are options for non CA firm 1,689 26
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 578 24
- Real names 1,178 35
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 91 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 157 2
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 265 8
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 192 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,949 35
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 227 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,391 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 721 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 586
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 355
- IFA incorporation 340
- Sorry ignore me 329
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 282
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 277
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 266
- Cancelled 209
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 179