I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Family Partnership 187 4
- Signed accounts for bank 584 12
- NOVA declaration 76 1
- P11D Car Value 209 5
- Business valuation advice 688 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,446 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,207 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 230 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,080 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 120 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 366 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 106 3
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 765 11
- flat rate scheme 2,250 41
- HMRC Postal Delays 413 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 305 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 214 2
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 201 2
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 209 3
- Termination Payment 531 15