I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- First RTI P45 96 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 20 1
- EC VAT registration - place of supply 77 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 111 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 147 2
- Gross sales to purchases 132 1
- I know ... 1,235 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 688 18
- Tax on principal private residence 227 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 232 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 258 2
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 237 4
- Personal pension contributions 255 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 324 4
- RTI Filing 952 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 268 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 401 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 216 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 134 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 459 21
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 703
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 471
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 309
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 280
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 247
- growth voucher supplier 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 189
- VAT on Gaming Machines 171
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 159
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 156