I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Company Number 10000000 70 3
- IR35 309 4
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 244 9
- 2015 tax year end 478 1
- Company Structure 165 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,196 25
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 742 17
- Land Registry 167 1
- Transferring rental property to limited company 223 9
- Advertising Tips? 175 6
- Not renewing AAT 1,429 14
- Cloud-based email services? 251 6
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 407 12
- Dormant co. now trading 310 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,676 21
- Online or Paper 64-8? 201 4
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 403 4
- Lease premium payment of £20,000 152 3
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 136 2
- VAT on sale of goods outside of EU - Flat Rate 143 5
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 724
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 427
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 351
- Directors' advances and credits 279
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 258
- DTA tie-breaker issue 246
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 207
- CGT for NOn UK residents 193