I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 770 36
- New Boiler at Rental Property 209 3
- Ongoing trade? 211 4
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 35 1
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 92 2
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 715 19
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 129 3
- Tax Penalty overeaction 519 9
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 216 4
- Freelance software consultant 277 3
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 142 1
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 217 1
- opening balamces 343 11
- Limited company closed payroll then changed its name: does it need to apply for a new PAYE reference to reinstate payroll? 288 4
- What is included in earnings for Carers Allowance purposes? 105 2
- payroo 196 3
- Which P45 to Use 280 3
- Auto enrolment 1,594 25
- PCP Car purchase 159 2
- losses carried forward 301 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 774
- Copy Wanted 486
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 450
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 448
- Latest phishing scam 277
- Entrepreneurs' relief 259
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 257
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 242
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 224
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 221