I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 109 1
- Which software for practice books? 304 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 126 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,630 33
- Accountant software 289 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 448 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 84 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 422 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 229 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,882 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 78 1
- Renting property to yourself 323 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 386 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 103 4
- register as self employed? 127 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 146 1
- VAT enquiry 96 1
- Write off of former director's loan 240 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 264 4
- Capital gain or not? 149 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 644
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 485
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 276
- How to format a stock book 234
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 195
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 183
- Tax efficient holding company structure 175
- Investment property company accounts template 163
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 158