I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 112 2
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 177 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 240 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 356 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 305 9
- Merging my businesses 98 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,543 61
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,682 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 512 16
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 138 4
- VAT on commercial property 123 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,009 49
- deceased creditor 181 5
- Corporate member of LLP 274 1
- Investment company 265 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 333 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 214 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 368 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 105 1
- Transfer of stock 363 12
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 780
- RTI - duplicate employee record 532
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 306
- Sanzar 303
- Digital marketing focus group 283
- How do you do it 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 245
- Report old income 240