I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- ICPA-Scotland 119 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,699 288
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 141 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 232 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 108 2
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 498 10
- Declined for business bank account 284 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 498 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 215 10
- Standard 'email' template system 892 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,040 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 227 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 103 1
- Circular shareholding 245 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 204 6
- business card address 328 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 128 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 681 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 345 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,119
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 368
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 301
- National Insurance 272
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 231
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Non Resident 192
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 191
- Franchise income and costs 180