I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Fee protection 763 14
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 125 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 920 38
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,046 31
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 206 3
- Overdrawn DLA 153 8
- CIS monthly declaration 153 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 305 4
- Self assesment losses 175 5
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 107 3
- Companies House incorporation service 452 14
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 109 1
- Electronic v printed payslips 109 1
- Where to advertise for staff 191 5
- Personal investment trading company 66 1
- CIS schemes 264 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 138 2
- Excel formula 527 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 534 13
- Self assessment tax arrears 466 4
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 319
- Domain name sale and limited company 216
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 199
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 198
- Investment 198
- Tax on damages received 165
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 144