I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 650 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 63 1
- Auto enrolment 102 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 85 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 77 4
- Regular Director bonus 429 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 141 1
- Registration as self-employed 104 1
- BrightPay 1,086 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 515 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 332 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,087 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 962 13
- BIK for an electric car 158 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,624 90
- Corporation Tax Software 366 10
- How do I save face? 2,339 14
- Goodie bag 3,084 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 115 1
- How many associated companies 194 2
- Possible Partnership? 685
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 533
- Fuming! 510
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 332
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 273
- Moving away from CCH software 263
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 255
- Outsource Data Entry 253
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 206