I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 26 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 188 12
- Audit 330 9
- Buying a horse?? 238 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 196 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,069 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 952 11
- What's in a name ? 1,114 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 214 2
- Awkward IP 1,403 14
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 785 20
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 494 7
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 630 18
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 776 22
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,117 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 140 1
- carry back of gift aid 195 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 310 8
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 262 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 573 11
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 487
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 437
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 272
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 271
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 210
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154