I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- property capital gains 154 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 145 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,160 13
- Tips on meals 183 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 516 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 166 3
- Personal Tax 732 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 187 2
- Stumped - IHT 145 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 410 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 149 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 407 7
- CGT and primary residence 183 1
- Marriage Allowance 283 3
- S455 and February year ends 337 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 893 18
- Closing down loss-making company 461 5