I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 243 3
- Cocaine anyone? 79 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,455 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 797 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 423 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 238 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 306 11
- Tax return software for remote working 461 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 505 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 420 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 442 9
- How to purchase business premises? 145 2
- Will I need to resign? 807 10
- Childcare vouchers 159 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 271 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 297 6
- VAT avoidance? 220 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 183 3
- PAYE coding out 178 3
- Follower cases 574 2
- Hive up 469
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 436
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 215
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 202
- WWOOFers 198
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 178
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 176
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 176