I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 716 15
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,341 28
- Dividend dates 456 8
- R&D tax credit claim 193 5
- PITA client 101 2
- CIS Deductions 260 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 53 1
- is this fraud? 745 13
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,265 32
- Married woman dies owning marital home 470 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,477 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 198 5
- Not a good start no broadband 467 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 162 2
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 208 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 85 1
- Intrastat triangulation 69 1
- CGT 152 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 193 4
- Question regarding gym training 391 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 591
- Cancelled 343
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 252
- Probiz 238
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 177
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 168
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151