I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- payroll software 452 9
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 225 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 284 8
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 49 1
- Cash basis 586 16
- Fee base v staff ratio 498 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 252 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 70 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 259 3
- Statutory sick pay 362 5
- client threatening legal action 2,173 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 153 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 213 1
- Instant CPD offer 323 3
- Income from rent charged to business 198 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 468 5
- Dividend in specie 388 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 196 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 156 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 288 1
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 315
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 313
- Employee rewards 295
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 234
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 137
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135