I have a partnership client of which one of the partners has been aggresively cold called on 3 occasions by one of the franchise branches of Certax Accountants.
The gist of the call is to say that they can do a much better job than my firm.
Both partners do not know how this firm obtained his number and certainly no accounts have been made available by either partner to them so it is difficult to see how they can make any such claim. My client is very loyal and knows my firm have been very proactive in sorting out potential problems and planning so they have no intention of moving.
The website blog for this Certax branch shows the principal is a CIMA.
I would certainly never dream of cold calling in this way and I believe that this may be frowned upon in some bodies.
Does anybody know what the CIMA stance on this is as I think this type of cold calling is little short of obnoxious?
- option to tax 176 1
- Share of profits from building society 29 1
- B2B vat in the EU 63 1
- VAT on deposits 173 1
- sage vat journal 55 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,571 44
- Coding Notice 70 1
- Free invoicing software 99 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 295 17
- New business - journal entries 217 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 540 15
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 242 7
- Looking for BIK v mileage comparison software 159 2
- Capitalised professional fees - with no corresponding asset 401 4
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 666 17
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 344 4
- Trade name 92 1
- Resident Landlord Expenses 184 6
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 126 3
- Employee shareholder contracts 106 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 742
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 700
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 376
- Social investment tax relief 196
- Digita Hosted Software 189
- Call Centre Data Costs 186
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 150
- Travel costs and contractors 140
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 126
- Certificates of tax deposit 124