Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- C79 Discrepancy 184 1
- Deaf clients 66 2
- Basic PAYE Tools update .... lost all my previous FPSs 63 2
- illegal dividends 177 2
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 36 2
- Work experience - pay 227 2
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 159 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 1,659 18
- Goodwill 146 5
- Dividend received from voluntary arrangement 143 1
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 106 2
- SAGE V12 136 3
- Consolidation and Comparatives 67 2
- Ltd Company trading for 2 years not Registered for PAYE 92 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 453 22
- Not ANOTHER bogus HMRC email? 109 1
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 765 13
- One off meeting new client 212 2
- Incorporation Relief 204 5
- Interest on loans between companies 89 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 609
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 504
- Sorry ignore me 410
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 371
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 284
- Cancelled 267
- Cancelled 229
- Bartercard 197
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 170
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 155