Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,732 289
- ICPA-Scotland 134 2
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 155 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 242 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 140 2
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 507 10
- Declined for business bank account 302 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 505 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 217 10
- Standard 'email' template system 895 14
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,049 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 227 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 107 1
- Circular shareholding 253 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 204 6
- business card address 331 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 214 2
- Loan to a related company 137 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 689 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 347 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,122
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 368
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 301
- National Insurance 272
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 240
- Payments on account coded out?? 231
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Non Resident 192
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 191
- Franchise income and costs 180