Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 724 29
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 92 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 379 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 298 8
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 194 9
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 94 6
- Help with tax codes on Sage 217 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 128 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 231 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 124 4
- SA302's anyone?? 496 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,591 41
- Renting for military reasons 145 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,522 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,036 18
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 107 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 125 1
- do i pay vat when buying a business 505 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,986 30
- Tax status of prizes 320 17
- Skandia using wrong address 1,614
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 894
- International interest certificate 505
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 280
- Bonus Bonds 258
- Management expenses for investment company 257
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 169
- tax on apprenticeship income 164
- P11D benefit received by widow 147