Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- Flat Rate VAT 140 1
- SA302 375 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 477 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 399 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 441 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 407 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 193 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 199 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,517 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 144 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 252 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,249 19
- Go Cardless 402 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 358 3
- Mehjoo 350 2
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 204 4
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 305 13
- Bringing money to Uk 316 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 227 4
- Hmrc software 277 3
- Xtuple 527
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 241
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 222
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 219
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161