Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- You know its over 416 5
- Am I getting Soft?? 107 8
- Benefit in Kind 177 4
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 127 1
- Deferred Tax 413 6
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 200 3
- Wrong tax code 71 4
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,256 14
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 222 1
- Cocaine anyone? 578 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 104 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 175 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 296 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 479 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,293 8
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 995 29
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 532 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 262 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 217 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 204 2
- Hive up 498
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 467
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 284
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 210
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 189
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 187
- UK State pension paid in NZ 160