Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 127 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 332 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 216 3
- FreeAgent question 109 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 137 2
- CIS monthly returns 188 2
- Goodie bag 1,557 52
- Husband Wife let property 354 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 503 12
- Output tax for retailer 318 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 288 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 141 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 139 1
- CT600 Advice 144 1
- Fair Value Accounting 83 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 161 4
- can I approach clients ? 413 8
- Companies House Penalties 154 2
- Apostille documents 120 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 548 13
- Possible Partnership? 644
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 519
- New Fangled Penalties 450
- Fuming! 384
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 319
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 259
- Outsource Data Entry 243
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 238
- Moving away from CCH software 231
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 178