Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- Worried over stock value 161 2
- White van man 327 16
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 129 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 284 5
- STUDENT LOAN 46 1
- Bookkeeping question 563 6
- wave software 213 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 331 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 198 3
- Backdate C79? 158 2
- Entertaining - definition? 290 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 349 10
- foreign income 107 1
- SA1 Online 86 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 90 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 89 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 344 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 99 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 133 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 126 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 820
- Copy Wanted 545
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 501
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 486
- Latest phishing scam 340
- Entrepreneurs' relief 311
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 284
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 273
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 180