Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- Dividend and pension with no salary 64 1
- Accountex Exhibition 118 1
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,454 45
- Private use for Small hotel owner: historic rules 103 1
- Help with small charity CT600 please!! 134 1
- Vat on solicitors charges 169 5
- Career change - how to get relevant experience? 1,043 11
- Late leaver notification 162 4
- A little bit of politics 465 6
- Could i ask for a bit of help please. 280 6
- Filling in my self assessment 686 14
- Should small companies be audited? 980 41
- Mileage claim restriction 366 3
- Self Assessment employed and self employed 151 1
- Overlap profit 573 15
- What does PITA mean? 437 9
- career 345 2
- Help required please 468 10
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 463 1
- Help - ACCA uk practicing certification forms 229 3
- Sanzar 454
- Digital marketing focus group 377
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 343
- Continuity Agreement 290
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 278
- Sainsbury's mangement 267
- Buyback 265
- Avanti Accounts 252
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 201
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 174