Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 564 12
- Setting up a practice 70 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 211 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,750 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 398 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 142 1
- Love is in the air 393 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 247 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,004 46
- Very large share capital by mistake 298 3
- Client Paperwork Retention? 533 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 556 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 311 4
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 330 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 375 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 428 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 432 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 265 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 523 1
- Paying Son 685 18
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 280
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 273
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 212
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 193