Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 213 3
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 956 8
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 803 10
- Lorry Drivers 249 4
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 420 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 61 1
- Undeclared rental income 1,041 10
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 206 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 195 4
- Money laundering POCA 356 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 78 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 143 3
- client threatening legal action 1,996 29
- Incorporation Relief 174 3
- Auto-Enrolment 4,023 187
- Can I claim mileage? 330 6
- limited company for IR35 175 1
- Ir35 test 152 2
- payroll software 291 2
- Mexican student in UK 193 4
- Skandia using wrong address 520
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 285
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 283
- Employee rewards 271
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 242
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 232
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 176
- LLP in Construction Industry 131