Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 428 12
- CGT history of shares 178 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 142 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 180 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 335 6
- CGT on sale of let property 120 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 182 2
- how do i get UTR 146 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 91 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 238 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 137 1
- Your comments please 315 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 194 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 131 2
- EIS 198 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 133 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 129 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 729 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 207 1
- Moving away from CCH software 969
- QROP pension input amounts 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 398
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 383
- fraud 306
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 283
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 246
- Construction CIS LLP Company 231
- EPS and CIS deductions 225
- Out of time or not? 211