Commercial interdependence and associated companies
I have the following situation...
Company M derives all of its income, in the form of management fees, from company H.
Company M, which is a management company, has 3 suppliers, companies S,T and U.
Companies S, T and U derive roughly 50% of their income from M and 50% directly from H.
The shareholders and directors of company M are the sole shareholders of companies S, T and U, the majority (possibly sole) shareholder of H and A N Other who is the internal accountant of H, so 5 shareholders in M owing 20% each (no one person in control).
My question, as the external accountant of M, S, T and U, is which companies, if any, are associated for corporation tax purposes due to financial interdependence or anything else.
If it is relevant, company H is a full rate corporation tax payer irrespective of the existence of the other companies.
Please note I am only after answers regarding the CT and associated company rules. Please no comments about IR35 or disguised remuneration, thanks!
- Incorporated when they should not have 405 13
- Yorkshire Day 158 9
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 164 4
- Collection or business assets 149 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,794 42
- Deduction from Salary 915 26
- VAT for client based in Thailand 41 1
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 828 22
- Doctor and Locum Work 329 5
- Deleted question? 98 1
- Accountancy Career 432 8
- Flat rate allowed but not used. 50 1
- Employee and subcontractor 193 4
- Help with HMRC investigation 390 7
- SMP reclaimable by employer 185 4
- calculation DTR restriction 126 2
- R&D tax credit claim 580 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 110 2
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 163 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,094 66
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 692
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 545
- Cancelled 432
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 338
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 247
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 209