Companies House closing company down
I have a book-keeping client with a tiny one man band company that did very little last year. He has not asked me to do much except to deregister for VAT, and accounts are now overdue, as is the Annual return.
There is now a Proposal to Strike Off and client has told me he is quite happy with this. He has retained a pompous firm of accountants that he used when running a much larger organisation, and although I've asked him to authorise me to speak to them I am quite sure it will be as easy as pulling hens' teeth.
I was running a payroll for him up to the end of Dec 2012. He now wants a P45, which is easy to do. Does he still have to file a P35, or does this obligation die with the company? Sounds strange to me if it does. Will HMRC want to see accounts for the period concerned? I think he would owe a bit of CT.
My fees would be minimal for just doing the P35, but I need your help in deciding what to do. Sorry to interfere with the Xmas Party!!
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 16 1
- Family Partnership 333 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,256 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 71 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 191 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 225 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 329 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 105 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 325 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 210 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 205 6
- Business trips - director and family 432 3
- Signed accounts for bank 685 15
- flat rate scheme 2,394 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 337 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 224 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 119 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 881 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 232 5
- VAT Query on new build 139 1