Companies House paperwork
I would like some help on a small matter of lack of paperwork and incorrect paperwork.
The husband and wife of ABC Limited seperated in October 2011, at that time he was director of their small Ltd company shop, she worked in and ran the business but was not an officer at Companies House, shares were owned 50-50
When they split she retained the business (loss making dress shop) and took it all over. It was agreed as part of their sepration that she would take over all shares and become director. He would resign as director.
However, NONE of the paperwork was done and sent to companies House and the subsequent annual return in Dec last year shows him as director and the shares being 50-50 - apparently the wife just said yes doing the form on line to all sections.
My question is, can directors appointments and resignations be sent in NOW showing the actual date of the transactions as last year, and then will it be OK to resubmit an amended annual return.
This is essentially a case of paperwork not being done during the split but I am concerned that doing it all now may cause problems.
Any help from someone in the know would be good before I contact Companies House re the same!
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 245 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 315 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,278 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 125 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 409 15
- Companies House incorporation service 312 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 52 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 126 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 187 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 152 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 224 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 131 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 134 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,586 12
- Share Capital 112 2
- Trading income or not? 169 1
- Charge HMRC 394 3
- FRS17 query 228 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,771 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,696 29
- Xtuple 545
- Qtac payroll for bureau 373
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 315
- Industrial & Provident Societies 310
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 288
- CIS schemes 220
- Domain name sale and limited company 203
- Investment 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 181
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 177