Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 520 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 92 7
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 184 12
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 436 9
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 269 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 94 2
- Limited company buying a car 105 3
- ACCA practice certificates 478 5
- Limited company buying director's car 273 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 58 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 62 1
- WC's and capital allowances 167 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 292 13
- Dress code 1,533 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 473 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 247 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 366 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 466 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 165 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 99 3
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 475
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 388
- Employment related securities question 306
- AIM Stocks and IHT 278
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 256
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 166
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 146