Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 270 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 827 20
- The importance of Grammar 897 24
- New starter - tax code 177 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 113 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,684 60
- PI cover 97 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 123 2
- HMRC site down ? 160 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 139 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 201 3
- Xero Pain Points 256 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 92 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 118 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 159 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 380 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 593 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 222
- S222 Charge 202
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174