Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 154 7
- Put fees on website 184 5
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,463 27
- Director resignation 131 3
- Can't find a good web address 90 1
- effective advertising 120 2
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,245 4
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 235 3
- Sigma Red 1,364 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 336 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 79 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 159 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 437 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 473 7
- VAT Variation Team 191 3
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 93 1
- Sage help please 301 4
- charges for storing documents 197 1
- Share scheme annual returns problem 88 1
- VAT in Eu 78 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 475
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 459
- WIP Software 331
- No payroll scheme in place 284
- Is there anything wrong with this? 254
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 246
- Small Part Disposal of Property 225
- Uncommercial property business 216
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 188
- SA Penalty 180