Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 278 9
- Practice management 147 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 59 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 212 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 82 1
- IHT and cash gifts 65 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 135 7
- Clothing 166 4
- VAT registration transfer 152 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 578 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 89 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 105 2
- Director drawings 396 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 323 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 97 1
- HMRC SA302s 205 3
- What does the "K" signify 434 7
- Director or self-employed 157 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 129 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 142 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 907
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 611
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 579
- Latest phishing scam 532
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 379
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 348
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 281
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 200
- Capital allowances in first basis period 189
- Sabbatical payments 177