Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Market Value/Connected Persons 195 8
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 72 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 143 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 122 2
- Personal allowance 418 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 458 12
- Scams are not always obvious 692 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 125 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 131 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 95 3
- Related party disclosures 172 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 181 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 85 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 616 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 241 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 254 8
- Is this legal? 624 9
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,995 23
- Cells from many sheets 126 2
- Taxation of rental income 218 4
- New Fangled Penalties 1,042
- Moving away from CCH software 902
- Recruitment agencies 528
- QROP pension input amounts 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 362
- Deemed Employment Payment 345
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 307
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 299
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 220
- fraud 217