Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,959 45
- Love is in the air 164 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,644 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 235 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 331 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 375 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 487 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 121 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 515 1
- Paying Son 623 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 336 7
- HMRC accounting 248 3
- Employers NI allowance 442 6
- Dividend taxation 253 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 160 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 177 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 150 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 437 4
- iris update 11.9.2 446 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 273 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 269
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 256
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 242
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 229
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 208
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 186