Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Accountancy software for an imac 132 3
- Value pricing 1,972 86
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 543 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 398 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 448 7
- March RTI Submission 112 1
- LLP members share of profits 326 16
- VT accounts licence key 532 9
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 85 1
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 81 1
- SDLT on land 88 2
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 98 1
- VAT Option to tax 244 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 93 2
- Current tax asset 124 2
- Grants 189 5
- Tricky VAT question 419 4
- Audit Required 971 20
- Ex Gratia payment via Payroll 247 5
- 20 hours/week - payroll? 262 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 876
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 613
- Free Tax Legislation? 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 353
- Director Loan account operation 351
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 311
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 298
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 280
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 270
- Paye procedures for CVA 202