Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Networking 211 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 224 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,169 32
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 268 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 60 1
- incorrect old p60 487 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 303 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 195 2
- Turnover on a tax return 382 9
- IT Contractor 262 1
- Sage instant account codes 144 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 239 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 315 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,948 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 319 4
- VAT refund 215 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 286 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 280 3
- Missing tax return 409 4
- Inflation and fees 1,425 24