Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Anyone else still working this week? 337 10
- AIA 264 18
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 155 5
- Childcare vouchers 319 6
- Using home as clients registered address 56 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 36 1
- How much does the company pay 645 29
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 210 2
- I have done a terrible thing 731 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 329 8
- Not paying accountant 1,848 46
- Cash basis VAT return 87 1
- VAT on Business Premises 87 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 64 1
- Consolidation Software 141 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 472 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,027 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,193 32
- LLp Profits 141 5
- two business from one premises 144 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 465
- Advice - 317
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 267
- WWOOFers 259
- The booking.com con 240
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 234
- Cocaine anyone? 219
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 175