Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Help with HMRC investigation 336 7
- SMP reclaimable by employer 156 4
- Yorkshire Day 60 3
- Incorporated when they should not have 358 11
- Directors pay adjustment from 1k to the magic 833.33 42 1
- Accountancy Career 391 6
- Employee and subcontractor 143 2
- calculation DTR restriction 120 2
- R&D tax credit claim 566 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 74 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,752 40
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 147 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,080 66
- Accounts Software 272 10
- Company Director In Prison 520 12
- Flat rate VAT 180 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,429 23
- Deduction from Salary 873 23
- National insurance contributions 132 1
- AWeb - download file 232 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 539
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 339
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 331
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 245
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206