Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- PRR 212 12
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 184 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,087 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 149 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 74 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,458 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 258 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 285 4
- corp tax software 342 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 436 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 459 7
- Which tax box 181 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 106 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 226 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 203 6
- References for clients 195 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 145 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 111 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 315 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 141 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 461
- National Insurance 359
- Non Resident 277
- Franchise income and costs 254
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 168
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 140