Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 393 10
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 700 19
- Marriage Allowance 182 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,067 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 343 4
- S455 and February year ends 234 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,242 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 784 18
- Closing down loss-making company 405 5
- S.455 Tax again 268 3
- New Build 325 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 367 4
- Mortgage Reference 774 10
- RTI offline? 167 1
- Right To Manage Company 259 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 161 1
- Giving shares away 323 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 623 5
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 270 5
- Where to post pension on sa100 206 4