Company car - how to account for private fuel?
A company car is going to be provided to an employee. Only business mileage will be reimbursed.
It is likely the employee will pay for fuel on the company credit card so my question is how the private fuel will be paid for as the company will not be paying for this.
Is the easiest way to allow the employee to put all fuel on the company credit card, and record business trips. At the end of the year, the mileage logs for business can be compared against the mileage on the car speedometer and then the employee can pay back the personal fuel amount used to the company.
Would this be the best way to account for the private fuel or what is the norm in this situation?
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,463 44
- CIC accounts submission 23 1
- What does it mean?? 445 12
- Know it alls (who don't) 310 9
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 967 13
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 370 7
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 224 4
- VAT & Landlords 202 6
- Make an adjustment to profits chargeable to class 4 nic 89 2
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 170 5
- Tax advice person/business 235 2
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 685 15
- Extraction of Factory from Trading Company and Leaseback 100 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 536 17
- Loan write off by Company 86 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 177 3
- Late P45 129 2
- Auto enrolment and husband & Wife companies 423 2
- Share swap 367 11
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 72 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,561
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 859
- International interest certificate 475
- NOVA 332
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 245
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 234
- Management expenses for investment company 223
- Bonus Bonds 216
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 203
- Check my logic on this please? 183