Company Director.....or not
I have come accross a company that wish to purchase from a client. Everything is in order in terms of credit checking but I note our client has received correspondance from a "director" dating back two three months.
The person is definately in the employ of the company however he is not appointed as a director with Companies House, the only other director is a non UK resident (out client has spoken to the appointed director too).
I can't seem to find a definative answer, but it is wrong to call someone a "director" when they have not been appointed with Companies House for some months? Is there a time limit on this and are there any penalties? The form does say "date of appointment" so in theory it could be backdated to reflect the relevant board meeting.
All answers appreciated!!
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 27 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 305 9
- Mortgage Reference 906 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 309 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 112 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 160 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 141 1
- RTI offline? 619 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 163 1
- CIS and Xero 279 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 264 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 185 2
- property capital gains 413 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 159 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 947 9
- Tips on meals 573 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,355 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 243 3