Company Director.....or not
I have come accross a company that wish to purchase from a client. Everything is in order in terms of credit checking but I note our client has received correspondance from a "director" dating back two three months.
The person is definately in the employ of the company however he is not appointed as a director with Companies House, the only other director is a non UK resident (out client has spoken to the appointed director too).
I can't seem to find a definative answer, but it is wrong to call someone a "director" when they have not been appointed with Companies House for some months? Is there a time limit on this and are there any penalties? The form does say "date of appointment" so in theory it could be backdated to reflect the relevant board meeting.
All answers appreciated!!
- flat rate scheme 825 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 585 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 115 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 243 1
- CIS online 162 3
- Class IV NIC 171 3
- bookkeeping system 204 4
- Company van paid by director 112 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,570 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 253 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 136 3
- Private company division 105 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 307 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 642 7
- Split year treatment ? 124 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 281 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 111 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 254 3
- Special dividends & CGT 313 2