Company Director.....or not
I have come accross a company that wish to purchase from a client. Everything is in order in terms of credit checking but I note our client has received correspondance from a "director" dating back two three months.
The person is definately in the employ of the company however he is not appointed as a director with Companies House, the only other director is a non UK resident (out client has spoken to the appointed director too).
I can't seem to find a definative answer, but it is wrong to call someone a "director" when they have not been appointed with Companies House for some months? Is there a time limit on this and are there any penalties? The form does say "date of appointment" so in theory it could be backdated to reflect the relevant board meeting.
All answers appreciated!!
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 452 2
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 137 3
- Old CGT loss 227 4
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 962 14
- Trade creditor journal 51 1
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 390 9
- How much of your work is admin? 640 6
- HMRC Distraint 87 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 140 2
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 219 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 418 5
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,369 42
- Nominal Ledger 395 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 597 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 192 2
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 216 3
- Paper tax return 174 4
- Start up allowance? 393 12
- Will I need to resign? 252 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 256 3