Company in Liquidation - HMRC's Rights
Client company has been put into liquidation.
Liquidator has prepared a statement of affairs showing a deficit.
Within the unsecured creditors are paye of £15k and VAT of £6k.
A large trading loss has been made in the final period of trading, which we are considering making a loss relief claim for.
The corporation tax relief due will be circa £17.5k. Will HMRC have the right to transfer this against the outstanding paye/vat liability or will they be required to repay it and then receive their proportion of the dividend paid out to creditors with this refund?
If the former, there seems little point in putting in the claim as their will be no other assets to claim our fees against?
- Share transfer question 260 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 397 7
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 191 5
- New Employers Helpline 121 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 212 5
- Overlap relief 715 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,276 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 179 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 183 4
- VAT Query 172 2
- Sacked my first client 642 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 408 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 218 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,263 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 620 11
- Trades and deadlines 140 3
- How to pay national insurance 647 18
- New Website Look 1,075 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 268 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 229 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 426
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 419
- WIP Software 286
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- No payroll scheme in place 219
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 218
- Software recommendations 199
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 197
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 186