Company in Liquidation - HMRC's Rights
Client company has been put into liquidation.
Liquidator has prepared a statement of affairs showing a deficit.
Within the unsecured creditors are paye of £15k and VAT of £6k.
A large trading loss has been made in the final period of trading, which we are considering making a loss relief claim for.
The corporation tax relief due will be circa £17.5k. Will HMRC have the right to transfer this against the outstanding paye/vat liability or will they be required to repay it and then receive their proportion of the dividend paid out to creditors with this refund?
If the former, there seems little point in putting in the claim as their will be no other assets to claim our fees against?
- Company formation and bank account 252 8
- Next Move 513 13
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 138 2
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 648 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,539 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 532 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 395 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 198 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 394 8
- OneNote is fantastic 489 11
- VAT Direct Debit 359 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 442 8
- Self Assessment Software 685 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 436 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,355 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 263 11
- Owning overseas property 249 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 358 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 696 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 656
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 390
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 276
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 237
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230