Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- Best Auto Enrollment Provider for clients DIY 88 3
- Large director's pension contribution 455 4
- Support / ticketing software 148 8
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 412 8
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 417 11
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,607 18
- Charge for tax returns 346 8
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 285 9
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 216 6
- interest in client bank account 161 3
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 259 13
- Landlord expenses incurred looking for new properties 328 6
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 428 5
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 603 14
- Company Number 10000000 872 11
- Company car v company allowance 738 2
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 211 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 544 10
- Swimming Pool Income 161 1
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 226 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 780
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 463
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 280
- DTA tie-breaker issue 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 209
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 201
- Capital Gains personal representatives 186
- Just checking re PSA 185
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 180