Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- Company name change question... 155 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,147 73
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 854 23
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 136 2
- Writing down allowance / AIA 156 6
- What is Tronk System of payroll ? 52 1
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 431 14
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 260 4
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,311 23
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 165 5
- Consolidation IFRS 70 1
- White van man 437 20
- Worried over stock value 223 4
- foreign income 129 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 207 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 308 5
- STUDENT LOAN 112 1
- Bookkeeping question 603 6
- wave software 234 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 364 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 833
- Copy Wanted 556
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 512
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 491
- Latest phishing scam 352
- Entrepreneurs' relief 325
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 297
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 286
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 283
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 186