Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 96 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,704 60
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 86 2
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 573 1
- SMP reclaimable by employer 254 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 207 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 55 1
- inflation rate year on year 56 2
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 81 2
- Yorkshire Day 497 33
- Deleted question? 628 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 262 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 329 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 140 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 343 15
- E-Magazines and pdfs 140 3
- Late annual return 198 2
- Flat rate VAT 363 8
- corporation tax 476 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,133 29
- Cancelled 456
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 349
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 254
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 230
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 223
- More spam 180
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 153