Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,539 21
- experian and credit agencies 73 1
- Homing sandwiches 539 13
- Limited company to community interest company 42 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 410 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 208 5
- Error in audited accounts 221 3
- CIS software 124 3
- Pratice Management Software 207 3
- Use of home query 172 2
- IT advisory questions? 281 7
- signature required 591 22
- Vat registration exception 214 3
- CT600 156 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 218 7
- Settlement discount 184 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 531 9
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 187 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 154 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 247 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,261
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 835
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 530
- Digita Hosted Software 346
- Credit where credit's due....... 320
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 248
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 205
- TheTax Donut 189
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 168
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 167