Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 817 5
- See you all on the other side 821 6
- 12Pay 590 2
- dividends 802 2
- R&D 377 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,249 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 496 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 498 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 463 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 595 5
- Seeking a tax case 716 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 582 4
- Companies house strike off 700 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 520 2
- Moving to the cloud 798 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 237 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 961 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 239 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 552 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 436
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 377
- Marginal rates of tax 370
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Class 2 NI 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317