Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- Where has Portia gone? 903 40
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,081 19
- What do your junior staff do? 82 2
- Practice management software 907 16
- Spousal transfer and PPR 452 14
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 233 7
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 1,711 32
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,572 72
- Rogue Accountant 2,882 46
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,312 19
- HMRC Scam 288 2
- Departments in Sage 50 103 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 268 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 323 4
- Capital Gains? 266 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 109 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 81 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 465 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 138 2
- AIA - new period 223 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 775
- RTI - duplicate employee record 515
- Pensions Regulator 441
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 396
- Sage Vat return box 2 298
- Sanzar 297
- Digital marketing focus group 279
- How do you do it 266
- Report old income 230
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 229