Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- Cash basis 441 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 126 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 257 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 279 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 146 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 294 6
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 148 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,839 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 317 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 226 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 83 1
- Investor exit 186 3
- Partially exempt? 363 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 136 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 400 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,256 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 382 4
- Statutory sick pay 249 3
- Overseas bank interest 229 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 173 1
- Skandia using wrong address 560
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 300
- Employee rewards 283
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 237
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 221
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 146
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 127
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 125