Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- Client refusing to change basis period 211 7
- Free accounts system for small business? 400 9
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,456 43
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 66 3
- It gets worse ! 374 2
- PCTR for Audit Qualification 95 1
- Building premises bought on 99 year lease 79 1
- Companies House Authentication code 222 9
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,995 66
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 181 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 474 8
- Payroll Software Recommendations 314 10
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 349 15
- saturday staff 414 4
- Sports Club - Option to tax 63 1
- Highlighting a line on cell click 64 4
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 537 12
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 655 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 357 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 272 3
- Xtuple 587
- Qtac payroll for bureau 414
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 357
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 231
- Tax on damages received 211
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 174
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 166
- PTP Software 158
- Software for Belgium Company 142
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 142