Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- VAT flat rate scheme 280 5
- Complex VAT Group 289 6
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 312 5
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 41 3
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 310 1
- Anyone had this problem?? 491 14
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,228 107
- Client's company struck off 285 7
- Sole Trader Cessation 64 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 67 1
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 231 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 105 4
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 192 5
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 107 1
- Related party disclosures 283 4
- Stamp Duty Land Tax 150 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,274 21
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 384 4
- Company name change and Final Accounts - Can the Accounts be under new company name? 120 2
- Error or mistake in CT return 212 1
- QROP pension input amounts 466
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 405
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 405
- fraud 326
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 257
- Construction CIS LLP Company 240
- EPS and CIS deductions 239
- First Choice Final Accounts 195
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 188
- SAGE winforecast 165