Company pool car expenses.........
past senario was that our Director had his private car included on company fleet insurance (benefit included in p11d ok). This estate car was then available for all employees to use for site visits etc (when not requiring large equipment) which meant that the company vans were left to be used for major jobs. All business mileage was documented & tracked and reimbursed at the applicable rate (currently 45p/mile).
As this car is now 7 years old he has been looking to replace it. He plans to sell this to the company at a proven used car value, and use the funds as a deposit to take on a privately leased new purchase. If all is documented properly I don't see a problem with him making a private sale to the company, unless you may think differently?
My major concern is that HMRC take a dim view on "pool" cars. This estate car will not be used for any private mileage and will be parked overnight within the compound used for our vans - all mileage will be documented, journey start & end readings etc. As for fuel, we are thinking of getting it added to our fuel card system, as are our other 4 vans, where fuel is purchased on a need to basis by a fuel card, and direct debited to our bank a/c weekly.Putting it on the fuel card account seems the only way to cover fuel costs -as it will be used by several different employees its not possible for them to claim back business mileage individually as they will be required to top up fuel from personal funds as needed, say £30 or £40 but may only be doing 25miles themselves for that particular journey ?
do you think that this seems a viable way to handle this - or is there anything else we need to address ?
many thanks for all your help, in advance.
- do i pay vat when buying a business 170 11
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 74 4
- are receipts needed? 346 12
- Professional Clearance 136 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 605 21
- New accountant 490 9
- Introduction of Goodwill 384 8
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 217 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,050 67
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 120 3
- Working out a daily rate 299 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 595 9
- Loss Relief 145 2
- Tax case reference request 227 3
- How to? 151 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 192 1
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,417 25
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 517 6
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 115 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 230 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,590
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 886
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 350
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 275
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 242
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Capital reduction 173