Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Wrong career 302 13
- Value pricing 609 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 186 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 72 1
- FPS Submission 31 1
- vat return 190 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 137 3
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 149 4
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 50 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,934 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 137 3
- Director's tax return 106 2
- reporting salary? 228 5
- Other forums 182 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 359 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 152 1
- VT accounts licence key 136 3
- Career Advice 157 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 274 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 92 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 779
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 532
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 399
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 285
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 227
- Free Tax Legislation? 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- Director Loan account operation 218
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 211
- Paye procedures for CVA 152