Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Output tax for retailer 244 6
- how to value rental space 19 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 431 11
- Budget 2015 predictions 115 4
- Directors loan - no longer a director 279 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,909 32
- Telemarketing 105 3
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 90 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 117 2
- New tax codes for ex-employees 123 1
- Husband Wife let property 90 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 83 1
- Gift between companies 113 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 135 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 448 6
- Why .... 703 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 942 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 546 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 433 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 273 6
- Possible Partnership? 591
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 497
- New Fangled Penalties 402
- Clubs and Taxable Income 325
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 295
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 248
- Loans to other companies 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 209
- Outsource Data Entry 199
- Moving away from CCH software 196