Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 155 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 191 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,226 35
- Mortgage Reference 540 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 247 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 204 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,297 48
- BrightPay quirks 217 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 174 1
- Personal Tax 630 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 194 1
- USA Tax Query 310 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 362 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 397 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6