Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- P11d query 268 5
- Rental expenses 50 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 131 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 342 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 84 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 336 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 283 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 476 10
- Landing clients 419 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,153 22
- Termination Payment 204 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 212 3
- CRM / marketing 109 2
- Allocation of income from property 757 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 137 1
- 64-8 problems 522 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 350 10