Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 42 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,702 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 224 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 364 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 264 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 215 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 174 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 103 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 191 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 392 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 333 9
- Merging my businesses 138 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,724 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 517 16
- VAT on commercial property 148 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,048 49
- deceased creditor 207 5
- Corporate member of LLP 280 1
- Investment company 273 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 537
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 307
- Sanzar 305
- Digital marketing focus group 288
- How do you do it 279
- Portia ... Where art thou 265
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 259