Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,324 45
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 188 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 194 4
- NOVA 530 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 250 10
- Regional Development Grant 78 4
- Sole trader hid directorships. 315 5
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,271 21
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 60 1
- Company car without a salary 178 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 360 10
- Charity donations 1,028 21
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 322 13
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 554 11
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 129 2
- VAT on finance leases 188 3
- More HMRC on gov.uk 584 10
- CONVERSION OF DIRECTOR LOAN INTO EQUITY 292 6
- Second Incomes Campaign 258 3
- Goods Purchased for Rental 701 34
- Bonus Bonds 386
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 375
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 285
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 255
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 179
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 163
- Finance Lease 154
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 145
- Demerger Reserve 125