Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Employment support allowance and self employed 149 4
- Company struck-off 1,329 14
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 146 2
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 410 4
- Registered Office 166 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,493 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 320 5
- Partnership Registration 130 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 916 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 138 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 699 12
- Audit Required 1,190 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 322 9
- Residential Management Companies 104 2
- Value pricing 2,866 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 405 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 400 11
- Payroll software for Mac 128 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 128 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 221 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 948
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 662
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 410
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 335
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 265
- Paye procedures for CVA 253
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 252
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 203
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 195
- Pension Fixed Protection 190