Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Limited company buying a car 152 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 280 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 460 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 558 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 190 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 288 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 116 2
- ACCA practice certificates 496 5
- Limited company buying director's car 293 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 108 1
- WC's and capital allowances 174 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 313 13
- Dress code 1,548 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 483 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 261 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 382 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 475 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 196 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 115 3
- CTA study material 770
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 482
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 399
- Employment related securities question 309
- AIM Stocks and IHT 281
- Expat pension contributions? 258
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 258
- Trust for Employee 238
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 183
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 148