Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 172 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,489 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 120 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 310 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 240 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,240 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 377 6
- Go Cardless 389 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 339 3
- Mehjoo 339 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 165 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 428 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 202 4
- SA302 352 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 307 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 223 4
- Hmrc software 268 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 212 1
- Hosted email exchange 198 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 218
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 218
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 158