Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 934 46
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 492 21
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 316 16
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,263 417
- Is this fraud? 504 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 55 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 261 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 31 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 152 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 143 1
- Naming new company 304 6
- Saying goodbye 530 14
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 136 1
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 193 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 647 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 396 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 90 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 793 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,487 31
- Tax on private fuel for own car 222 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,281
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 265
- Franchise income and costs 243
- Hands on experience of Digita 205
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 152
- Employer's Helpline 151
- employment capital allowances 142