Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Director drawings 204 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 17 1
- client can't/won't pay 1,837 40
- Interest Relief 145 5
- What sectors to target? 96 2
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 468 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 23 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,559 54
- Rental losses 107 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,557 14
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 287 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 140 3
- Charitable Company's Accounts 60 1
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 212 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 174 8
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 533 19
- Child Benefit Higher Income Tax Charge 121 3
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 96 2
- Balancing allowance/charge calculation on cessation of self-employment 55 1
- how much to charge 263 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 569
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 371
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 178
- Sabbatical payments 169