Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Jobs after completing ACCA 95 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 570 11
- are these allowable deductions? 87 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,639 20
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 134 3
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 557 12
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 65 1
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 54 1
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 400 6
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 128 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 413 7
- Schedule A losses 147 1
- Identify cost savings 168 3
- Member meet up 1 October in London 298 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 185 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 828 1
- Fees 781 8
- P11D & tax return 281 10
- Freelance/Employee 921 22
- VAT on children's clothing 183 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 332
- S222 Charge 267
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 240
- AIA 212
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 203
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 170
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 157