Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Cocaine anyone? 636 11
- Lack of VAT Receipt 54 1
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 244 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 122 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 177 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 175 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 824 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 537 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 699 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 304 16
- Personal pension 436 9
- Business rates consultancy 268 4
- Wrong tax code 179 6
- Benefit in Kind 263 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 94 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 298 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,060 31
- Deferred Tax 475 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 207 1
- You know its over 501 6
- Hive up 513
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 474
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 296
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 238
- WWOOFers 233
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 217
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 195
- The booking.com con 175
- UK State pension paid in NZ 166