Company year end 28 Feb 2011 filing problems
I tried filing my company year end returns using the pdf method but the HMRC part wouldn't accept it, complaining about the date.
The company year end is 28th Feb 2011 and I am wondering if the fact that in 2012 it's a leap year that HMRC threw a wobbly?
The Companies House part went through no problems so it's definitely the HMRC computers giving the problem.
Has anyone else seen this problem? (The HMRC claim "they are not aware of any problems of this nature").
I contacted the help line and they said to send in the return on paper, which I did (in fact I faxed it, even better).
But now they won't accept it and want to impose a £100 fine which I think is a bit rich considering I followed their instructions and it's their own fault. So I will of course appeal the fine. But any other experiences along the same lines would be useful backup material for the appeal.
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,266 40
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 127 3
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 265 11
- VAT on motor expenses 874 31
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 143 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 172 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 147 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 730 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 379 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 192 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 314 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 95 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 383 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 86 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 315 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 391 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 125 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 91 1
- VAT Registration 453 19
- Tax Credit Overpayment 271 9
- Skandia using wrong address 1,538
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 845
- International interest certificate 464
- NOVA 323
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 221
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 214
- Bonus Bonds 203
- Management expenses for investment company 200
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 190
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 177