Comparative year figures
I currently use VT Final Accounts to prepare sole trader and small company accounts and I am encountering an issue with the comparative year figures due to rounding.
The problem arises with b/fwd balances such as fixed asset depreciation and fixed asset costs. Due to rounding, sometimes the current year b/fwd figures don’t match the previous year closing balances eg Depreciation at start of current year does not match the total of depreciation b/fwd at the start of previous year ‘PLUS’ depreciation charge in previous year. There may be a difference of £1.
The help text in VT Final Accounts describes manually adjusting the previous year comparatives. Is it acceptable to have some comparative figures which may differ slightly by £1 (even though the overall balance remains the same) compared to the original accounts from the previous year? I am thinking particularly for company accounts.
- Legal advisor recommendation please 209 5
- HMRC Postal Delays 303 9
- Closure of PAYE scheme 154 2
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 57 1
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 171 2
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,308 13
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 584 7
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 159 3
- Termination Payment 478 15
- Company Share Buy Back 332 8
- P11D Car Value 105 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 240 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,974 30
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 288 5
- bookkeeping system 679 9
- Landing clients 714 21
- Signed accounts for bank 530 10
- Non-Taxable Expenses Reimbursement 135 3
- Time to react ? ? ? 679 6
- Dividends 154 3