COMPLEX SHARE DEAL: DO YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY?
HCO LTDI S OWNED BY TWO DIRECTORS: AND OWNS 100% OF SUBCO LTD.
THE COST OF SUBCO'S SHARES WAS THE VALUE OF HCO ON INCORPORATION AND WAS THE CAPITAL INJECTED INTO THE BUSINESS ON COMMENCEMENT/INCORPORATION BY THE TWO OWNER DIRECTORS(WHO OWN THE SHARES OF HCO)
THE SHARES COST £250,000.
THEN :THE DIRECTORS WANTED TO WIND UP HCO AS IT HAD NO ROLE OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
THE DIRECTORS SHARES IN HCO WERE TECHNICALLY WORTH 250,000
ONE DIRECTOR RECENTLY MARRIED AND WANTED TO LOCK IN THE SPOUSE (WITH LIMITED RIGHTS) SO SUBCO ISSUED FIXED DIV PREF B SHARES TO THE SPOUSE WITH NO VOTING CONTROL FOR NIL CONSIDERATION.
HOW IS THE VAULE/COST OF THE HCO SHARES LOCKED INTO SUBCO SO THE DIRECTORS HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL IF THEY FIND A BUYER?
OR WILL THE HCO SHARES BECOME WORTHLESS? WHILST THERE WILL BE TRADING ASSETS IN SUBCO?
CAN THE SHARES(AS THEY ARE THE DIRECTORS INVESTMENT IN SUBCO(THROUGH HCO) BE VALUED AS INHERENT PURCHASED GOOD WILL IN SUBCO?
- Where has Portia gone? 3,475 92
- Overlap profit 57 1
- Sole trader paying Class 1 NIC 70 1
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 229 7
- Stock of photos to capatilise 286 14
- Spousal transfer and PPR 774 34
- Where can I report and accountant for defraud 140 4
- RTI Payroll ID 700 19
- Rogue Accountant 3,555 57
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 87 2
- Practice management software 1,105 21
- micro entity balance sheet query 135 4
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 336 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 155 1
- VAT on a private sale? 177 5
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 241 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,238 24
- Payroll software 189 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 85 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 605 19
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 818
- Pensions Regulator 462
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 425
- Sanzar 324
- How do you do it 315
- Digital marketing focus group 307
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 279
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 185
- Fit for purpose 181