COMPLEX SHARE DEAL: DO YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY?
HCO LTDI S OWNED BY TWO DIRECTORS: AND OWNS 100% OF SUBCO LTD.
THE COST OF SUBCO'S SHARES WAS THE VALUE OF HCO ON INCORPORATION AND WAS THE CAPITAL INJECTED INTO THE BUSINESS ON COMMENCEMENT/INCORPORATION BY THE TWO OWNER DIRECTORS(WHO OWN THE SHARES OF HCO)
THE SHARES COST £250,000.
THEN :THE DIRECTORS WANTED TO WIND UP HCO AS IT HAD NO ROLE OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
THE DIRECTORS SHARES IN HCO WERE TECHNICALLY WORTH 250,000
ONE DIRECTOR RECENTLY MARRIED AND WANTED TO LOCK IN THE SPOUSE (WITH LIMITED RIGHTS) SO SUBCO ISSUED FIXED DIV PREF B SHARES TO THE SPOUSE WITH NO VOTING CONTROL FOR NIL CONSIDERATION.
HOW IS THE VAULE/COST OF THE HCO SHARES LOCKED INTO SUBCO SO THE DIRECTORS HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL IF THEY FIND A BUYER?
OR WILL THE HCO SHARES BECOME WORTHLESS? WHILST THERE WILL BE TRADING ASSETS IN SUBCO?
CAN THE SHARES(AS THEY ARE THE DIRECTORS INVESTMENT IN SUBCO(THROUGH HCO) BE VALUED AS INHERENT PURCHASED GOOD WILL IN SUBCO?
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 266 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 385 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 162 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,115 13
- Really?! 817 10
- CIS 214 5
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,176 16
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,375 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 649 15
- VAT 701/49 query 227 2
- backpack 302 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 167 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 252 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 350 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 199 3
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 168 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 197 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 138 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 256 6
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 468 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 705
- 2015 tax year end 440
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 416
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 357
- Costly Accounting Software contract 314
- Directors' advances and credits 255
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 255
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 222
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 203