COMPLEX SHARE DEAL: DO YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY?
HCO LTDI S OWNED BY TWO DIRECTORS: AND OWNS 100% OF SUBCO LTD.
THE COST OF SUBCO'S SHARES WAS THE VALUE OF HCO ON INCORPORATION AND WAS THE CAPITAL INJECTED INTO THE BUSINESS ON COMMENCEMENT/INCORPORATION BY THE TWO OWNER DIRECTORS(WHO OWN THE SHARES OF HCO)
THE SHARES COST £250,000.
THEN :THE DIRECTORS WANTED TO WIND UP HCO AS IT HAD NO ROLE OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
THE DIRECTORS SHARES IN HCO WERE TECHNICALLY WORTH 250,000
ONE DIRECTOR RECENTLY MARRIED AND WANTED TO LOCK IN THE SPOUSE (WITH LIMITED RIGHTS) SO SUBCO ISSUED FIXED DIV PREF B SHARES TO THE SPOUSE WITH NO VOTING CONTROL FOR NIL CONSIDERATION.
HOW IS THE VAULE/COST OF THE HCO SHARES LOCKED INTO SUBCO SO THE DIRECTORS HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL IF THEY FIND A BUYER?
OR WILL THE HCO SHARES BECOME WORTHLESS? WHILST THERE WILL BE TRADING ASSETS IN SUBCO?
CAN THE SHARES(AS THEY ARE THE DIRECTORS INVESTMENT IN SUBCO(THROUGH HCO) BE VALUED AS INHERENT PURCHASED GOOD WILL IN SUBCO?
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 728 17
- business entertaining deductibility 66 1
- Go Cardless 212 7
- Self assessment tax arrears 37 2
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 855 51
- R & D 87 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 194 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 50 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 86 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 102 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 90 1
- New Business Registration 196 5
- Audit rules 128 3
- Hosted email exchange 112 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 122 1
- G P life time allowance 94 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 352 11
- Bringing money to Uk 200 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 107 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 104 2
- Xtuple 492
- Qtac payroll for bureau 331
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 275
- Industrial & Provident Societies 271
- Mehjoo 214
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- New strategic report 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 152
- South African Government Pension 147
- CIS schemes 142