COMPLEX SHARE DEAL: DO YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY?
HCO LTDI S OWNED BY TWO DIRECTORS: AND OWNS 100% OF SUBCO LTD.
THE COST OF SUBCO'S SHARES WAS THE VALUE OF HCO ON INCORPORATION AND WAS THE CAPITAL INJECTED INTO THE BUSINESS ON COMMENCEMENT/INCORPORATION BY THE TWO OWNER DIRECTORS(WHO OWN THE SHARES OF HCO)
THE SHARES COST £250,000.
THEN :THE DIRECTORS WANTED TO WIND UP HCO AS IT HAD NO ROLE OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
THE DIRECTORS SHARES IN HCO WERE TECHNICALLY WORTH 250,000
ONE DIRECTOR RECENTLY MARRIED AND WANTED TO LOCK IN THE SPOUSE (WITH LIMITED RIGHTS) SO SUBCO ISSUED FIXED DIV PREF B SHARES TO THE SPOUSE WITH NO VOTING CONTROL FOR NIL CONSIDERATION.
HOW IS THE VAULE/COST OF THE HCO SHARES LOCKED INTO SUBCO SO THE DIRECTORS HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL IF THEY FIND A BUYER?
OR WILL THE HCO SHARES BECOME WORTHLESS? WHILST THERE WILL BE TRADING ASSETS IN SUBCO?
CAN THE SHARES(AS THEY ARE THE DIRECTORS INVESTMENT IN SUBCO(THROUGH HCO) BE VALUED AS INHERENT PURCHASED GOOD WILL IN SUBCO?
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 181 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 124 2
- Director leaving in month 1 98 2
- Ex Gratia payments 62 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 241 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 136 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 183 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 179 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 164 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 43 1
- EIS - connection through employment 92 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 240 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 46 1
- CIS and Close Company 87 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 225 4
- Secondment expenses 152 3
- VAT Option to tax 444 15
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 133 4
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 121 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 138 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 906
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 637
- Free Tax Legislation? 401
- Director Loan account operation 396
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 331
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 318
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 222
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 182