COMPLEX SHARE DEAL: DO YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY?
HCO LTDI S OWNED BY TWO DIRECTORS: AND OWNS 100% OF SUBCO LTD.
THE COST OF SUBCO'S SHARES WAS THE VALUE OF HCO ON INCORPORATION AND WAS THE CAPITAL INJECTED INTO THE BUSINESS ON COMMENCEMENT/INCORPORATION BY THE TWO OWNER DIRECTORS(WHO OWN THE SHARES OF HCO)
THE SHARES COST £250,000.
THEN :THE DIRECTORS WANTED TO WIND UP HCO AS IT HAD NO ROLE OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
THE DIRECTORS SHARES IN HCO WERE TECHNICALLY WORTH 250,000
ONE DIRECTOR RECENTLY MARRIED AND WANTED TO LOCK IN THE SPOUSE (WITH LIMITED RIGHTS) SO SUBCO ISSUED FIXED DIV PREF B SHARES TO THE SPOUSE WITH NO VOTING CONTROL FOR NIL CONSIDERATION.
HOW IS THE VAULE/COST OF THE HCO SHARES LOCKED INTO SUBCO SO THE DIRECTORS HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL IF THEY FIND A BUYER?
OR WILL THE HCO SHARES BECOME WORTHLESS? WHILST THERE WILL BE TRADING ASSETS IN SUBCO?
CAN THE SHARES(AS THEY ARE THE DIRECTORS INVESTMENT IN SUBCO(THROUGH HCO) BE VALUED AS INHERENT PURCHASED GOOD WILL IN SUBCO?
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,148 42
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 137 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 111 2
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 470 8
- R&D tax claim 222 6
- Gift to employee 359 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 105 1
- Transfer of a business 106 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,109 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 403 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 106 2
- Sage Import Data 300 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 238 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 100 2
- Best time software for small practice? 214 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 314 13
- private to company car? 362 9
- Which address 1,008 11
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 266 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 957 15
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 473
- CTA study material 453
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 328
- Pre incorp expenses 306
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 262
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 250
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 202
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 152
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 136
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 130