COMPLEX SHARE DEAL: DO YOU KNOW THE RIGHT WAY?
HCO LTDI S OWNED BY TWO DIRECTORS: AND OWNS 100% OF SUBCO LTD.
THE COST OF SUBCO'S SHARES WAS THE VALUE OF HCO ON INCORPORATION AND WAS THE CAPITAL INJECTED INTO THE BUSINESS ON COMMENCEMENT/INCORPORATION BY THE TWO OWNER DIRECTORS(WHO OWN THE SHARES OF HCO)
THE SHARES COST £250,000.
THEN :THE DIRECTORS WANTED TO WIND UP HCO AS IT HAD NO ROLE OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
THE DIRECTORS SHARES IN HCO WERE TECHNICALLY WORTH 250,000
ONE DIRECTOR RECENTLY MARRIED AND WANTED TO LOCK IN THE SPOUSE (WITH LIMITED RIGHTS) SO SUBCO ISSUED FIXED DIV PREF B SHARES TO THE SPOUSE WITH NO VOTING CONTROL FOR NIL CONSIDERATION.
HOW IS THE VAULE/COST OF THE HCO SHARES LOCKED INTO SUBCO SO THE DIRECTORS HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL IF THEY FIND A BUYER?
OR WILL THE HCO SHARES BECOME WORTHLESS? WHILST THERE WILL BE TRADING ASSETS IN SUBCO?
CAN THE SHARES(AS THEY ARE THE DIRECTORS INVESTMENT IN SUBCO(THROUGH HCO) BE VALUED AS INHERENT PURCHASED GOOD WILL IN SUBCO?
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,887 32
- Telemarketing 80 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 415 10
- Budget 2015 predictions 74 1
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 88 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 114 2
- New tax codes for ex-employees 101 1
- Husband Wife let property 70 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 71 1
- Gift between companies 99 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 106 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 446 6
- Directors loan - no longer a director 255 2
- Why .... 688 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 930 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 537 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 430 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 272 6
- Relevant life plan 302 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 154 2
- Possible Partnership? 587
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 496
- New Fangled Penalties 400
- Clubs and Taxable Income 322
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 293
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 246
- Loans to other companies 240
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 208
- Outsource Data Entry 198
- Moving away from CCH software 195