Conflict of interest
I run a small Accountancy practice which has one employee doing bookkeeping, my employee told me today that she has also started working for another local Accountancy firm on a self-employed basis doing bookkeeping.
I now have concerns that this is a conflict of interest - what if one of the other Accountants clients changed to my practice or vice versa ... it could open up a whole can of worms which quite frankly I want to avoid.
As she is self employed for the other Accountant, if she also worked self employed for me would that make a difference to any potentital conflict of interest?
Do you have any advice please?
- Networking 55 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 251 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 134 1
- Turnover on a tax return 253 8
- incorrect old p60 433 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 290 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,920 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 269 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 238 3
- VAT refund 161 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 240 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 262 3
- Missing tax return 384 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,120 30
- Inflation and fees 1,404 24
- Sage Priority Support 187 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 840 24
- Micro-entity accounts 290 1
- Related party disclosure 235 3
- Company reconstruction 167 1