Conflict of interest
I run a small Accountancy practice which has one employee doing bookkeeping, my employee told me today that she has also started working for another local Accountancy firm on a self-employed basis doing bookkeeping.
I now have concerns that this is a conflict of interest - what if one of the other Accountants clients changed to my practice or vice versa ... it could open up a whole can of worms which quite frankly I want to avoid.
As she is self employed for the other Accountant, if she also worked self employed for me would that make a difference to any potentital conflict of interest?
Do you have any advice please?
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 115 2
- Stumped - IHT 90 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 399 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 464 11
- Tips on meals 125 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,276 33
- Credit management tools 109 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 111 2
- property capital gains 104 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 768 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 370 7
- CGT and primary residence 151 1
- Marriage Allowance 248 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,142 12
- S455 and February year ends 305 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 878 18
- Closing down loss-making company 443 5
- S.455 Tax again 284 3
- New Build 339 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 375 4