Confusion between self employment and limited company income
Client set up a limited company on 6th January 2012. He has presented me with his invoices, bank statements etc for the year to date so that I can prepare some management accounts for him. Two points have arisen:
1) I note that his first two invoices, dated 16th January and 1st February 2012, related to work performed by himself in November 2011 and December 2011 for a client, i.e. before the company was incorporated.
Is it allowable to treat this income as company income, given that the invoice was dated post-incorporation? Would expenses be allowable for that period?
2) The company bank account was not set up (due to various delays) until the end of May 2012. In the meantime, all invoices were paid to the client's personal bank account and later transferred to the business account by the client.
I do not think there is a problem with this course of action (the client needs to receive payments from his clients!), but my query is whether I can treat the payment date as the date the client paid the money into the company bank account? Or should there be a directors loan implication as the client did hold onto the money in his personal account for quite some time before making the transfer?
Thanks for any advice.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 258 8
- Company struck off 99 4
- Employment Allowance 364 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 134 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 409 8
- West Bromich Albion 323 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 341 10
- What are options for non CA firm 2,868 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 387 10
- Do I need a smartphone? 98 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,267 45
- 27,000 Really? 1,199 38
- Legal title not in the company name 814 23
- Opening Balances 225 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 608 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 161 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 117 1
- This is getting boring 641 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 282 7
- pension paid by company? 144 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 645
- Cancelled 400
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 293
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 260
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225