Connected under s993 ITA 2007?
I have a client and his (non-married/non-cp) life partner. He has a company with a six-figure sum sitting in the bank and he is planning the following:
1. Set up a UK Newco owned 50:50 with his life partner
2.lend the cash to Newco from his existing company
3. Newco will buy a residential property in another EU country which will be let as holiday accommodation mainly.
4. They may visit it for a few weeks a year for holidays.
For the purposes of the relief from BIK in ITEPA 2003 s100B the two companies must not be connected (unless a commercial rate of interest is charged)
I think they pass all the tests in ITA 2007 s993 except I'm not sure about s993(7). As they will be able to control the new company together this sub-section seems to deem them to be connected so that the companies become connected. This seems a bit absurd as it leads to the situation where virtually all companies are connected in this type of situation, regardless if the individuals are "connected" under s993 (1)-(6).
Or am I being stupid? If so please tell me why!!
- Tax - Paying Yearly 51 3
- charities 192 3
- Anyone using PracticePA? 204 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 387 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 260 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 62 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 159 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 201 2
- converting garage to use as office 254 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 641 13
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 120 1
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 115 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 322 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,165 11
- Strike off 423 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 135 2
- auto enrolment 277 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 318 6
- Private use of vans 159 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 705 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 373
- Any thoughts on Capium? 324
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 291
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 226
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 161
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 158