Is construction of holiday home standard or zero rated?
Our client owns about 4.5 acres of land and has been granted planning to build a number of wooden lodges and create a holiday park.
Am I right in thinking that the construction of these holiday homes will be zero rated? It is the intention of my client to sell some of the lodges and possibly let some of them. Does this affect the VAT treatment of construction?
I believe the planning allows people to reside at the park throughout the whole year - I think this has a bearing on the VAT treatment.
Also, does it matter if sold freehold or leasehold?
I note this previous post would seem to support my thinking http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/log-cabin-vat
Your thoughts welcome.
- Moneysoft Payroll 526 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,212 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,515 26
- Coming out of flat rate 144 1
- Something for the weekend? 178 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 178 1
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 262 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,575 27
- Accounting for display stands 209 6
- AML reporting to NCA 153 3
- A Friday Funny. 249 4
- Is it any of my business ? 1,466 14
- vat gross profit percentage margins 409 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 297 4
- VAT training 204 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 347 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 188 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 379 9
- Companies House Search 271 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 556 14
- NHS finance professionals 699
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 428
- Foreign Pension Contribution 400
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 380
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 333
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 298
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 272
- IFA income recognition & reporting 223
- Incorporating doctors 215