Is construction of holiday home standard or zero rated?
Our client owns about 4.5 acres of land and has been granted planning to build a number of wooden lodges and create a holiday park.
Am I right in thinking that the construction of these holiday homes will be zero rated? It is the intention of my client to sell some of the lodges and possibly let some of them. Does this affect the VAT treatment of construction?
I believe the planning allows people to reside at the park throughout the whole year - I think this has a bearing on the VAT treatment.
Also, does it matter if sold freehold or leasehold?
I note this previous post would seem to support my thinking http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/log-cabin-vat
Your thoughts welcome.
- Undeclared rental income 2,515 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 59 2
- Cash basis 53 1
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 485 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 316 9
- Cash basis 718 25
- Rental income 92 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,938 30
- s455 Directors loan 151 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 60 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,173 8
- Non resident capital gains 76 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 411 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 338 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 529 6
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 174 2
- payroll software 505 9
- Fee base v staff ratio 590 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 300 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 108 1
- Skandia using wrong address 600
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 324
- Employee rewards 301
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 269
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 236
- Etax Australian 198
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 147
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 137
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 129