Is construction of holiday home standard or zero rated?
Our client owns about 4.5 acres of land and has been granted planning to build a number of wooden lodges and create a holiday park.
Am I right in thinking that the construction of these holiday homes will be zero rated? It is the intention of my client to sell some of the lodges and possibly let some of them. Does this affect the VAT treatment of construction?
I believe the planning allows people to reside at the park throughout the whole year - I think this has a bearing on the VAT treatment.
Also, does it matter if sold freehold or leasehold?
I note this previous post would seem to support my thinking http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/log-cabin-vat
Your thoughts welcome.
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 719 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 805 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 464 10
- Real time 192 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 386 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 249 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 222 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 210 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 602 15
- When to top-up pensions? 172 2
- Support / ticketing software 331 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 328 3
- Imported goods and VAT 139 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 437 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 593 11
- Stamp Duty 177 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,866 22
- Company Number 10000000 996 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 370 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 240 3
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 471
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 290
- DTA tie-breaker issue 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 243
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 217
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 210
- Just checking re PSA 196
- Capital Gains personal representatives 190
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 177