Is construction of holiday home standard or zero rated?
Our client owns about 4.5 acres of land and has been granted planning to build a number of wooden lodges and create a holiday park.
Am I right in thinking that the construction of these holiday homes will be zero rated? It is the intention of my client to sell some of the lodges and possibly let some of them. Does this affect the VAT treatment of construction?
I believe the planning allows people to reside at the park throughout the whole year - I think this has a bearing on the VAT treatment.
Also, does it matter if sold freehold or leasehold?
I note this previous post would seem to support my thinking http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/log-cabin-vat
Your thoughts welcome.
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 226 3
- Gift or Capital Gain? 311 9
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 313 6
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 871 24
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 285 7
- Capital Gain? 421 11
- IHT Query 95 2
- Reversing out RTI 148 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 299 9
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 277 6
- BrightPay 624 18
- Classic cars investment 246 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 245 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 327 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 358 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 275 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 282 2
- H&W company 266 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 217 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 178 2
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 445
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 418
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 190