Is construction of holiday home standard or zero rated?
Our client owns about 4.5 acres of land and has been granted planning to build a number of wooden lodges and create a holiday park.
Am I right in thinking that the construction of these holiday homes will be zero rated? It is the intention of my client to sell some of the lodges and possibly let some of them. Does this affect the VAT treatment of construction?
I believe the planning allows people to reside at the park throughout the whole year - I think this has a bearing on the VAT treatment.
Also, does it matter if sold freehold or leasehold?
I note this previous post would seem to support my thinking http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/log-cabin-vat
Your thoughts welcome.
- VAT on motor expenses 881 32
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 56 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 48 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,699 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,292 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 81 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 275 12
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 132 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 155 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 182 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 152 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 737 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 383 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 201 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 323 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 105 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 388 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 91 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 323 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 401 9
- Skandia using wrong address 1,543
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 849
- International interest certificate 467
- NOVA 326
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 225
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 216
- Bonus Bonds 207
- Management expenses for investment company 203
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 195
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 182