Is construction of holiday home standard or zero rated?
Our client owns about 4.5 acres of land and has been granted planning to build a number of wooden lodges and create a holiday park.
Am I right in thinking that the construction of these holiday homes will be zero rated? It is the intention of my client to sell some of the lodges and possibly let some of them. Does this affect the VAT treatment of construction?
I believe the planning allows people to reside at the park throughout the whole year - I think this has a bearing on the VAT treatment.
Also, does it matter if sold freehold or leasehold?
I note this previous post would seem to support my thinking http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/log-cabin-vat
Your thoughts welcome.
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 333 12
- Cash in Hand 51 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 131 4
- Busines software 122 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 179 6
- Converting a barn for business use 180 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 302 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 306 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 465 10
- are receipts needed? 600 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 284 3
- Bookkeping software 712 7
- Clogged Losses 277 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 259 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 651 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 314 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 264 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 123 1
- General tax book with planning 259 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 196 3
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 520
- NOVA 370
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 318
- Management expenses for investment company 273
- Bonus Bonds 265
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 180
- P11D benefit received by widow 160
- EXACT ONLINE 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 150