Is construction of holiday home standard or zero rated?
Our client owns about 4.5 acres of land and has been granted planning to build a number of wooden lodges and create a holiday park.
Am I right in thinking that the construction of these holiday homes will be zero rated? It is the intention of my client to sell some of the lodges and possibly let some of them. Does this affect the VAT treatment of construction?
I believe the planning allows people to reside at the park throughout the whole year - I think this has a bearing on the VAT treatment.
Also, does it matter if sold freehold or leasehold?
I note this previous post would seem to support my thinking http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/log-cabin-vat
Your thoughts welcome.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 830 26
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 272 4
- Cocaine anyone? 148 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,468 21
- ACCA - still making me laugh 455 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 251 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 326 11
- Tax return software for remote working 477 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 544 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 443 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 449 9
- How to purchase business premises? 166 2
- Will I need to resign? 828 10
- Childcare vouchers 189 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 276 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 300 6
- VAT avoidance? 237 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 190 3
- PAYE coding out 205 3
- Follower cases 577 2
- Hive up 476
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 438
- corporate hierarchy 416
- Advice - 249
- Amortisation of Goodwill 222
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 208
- WWOOFers 202
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 188
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 183
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 179