Is construction of holiday home standard or zero rated?
Our client owns about 4.5 acres of land and has been granted planning to build a number of wooden lodges and create a holiday park.
Am I right in thinking that the construction of these holiday homes will be zero rated? It is the intention of my client to sell some of the lodges and possibly let some of them. Does this affect the VAT treatment of construction?
I believe the planning allows people to reside at the park throughout the whole year - I think this has a bearing on the VAT treatment.
Also, does it matter if sold freehold or leasehold?
I note this previous post would seem to support my thinking http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/log-cabin-vat
Your thoughts welcome.
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 321 10
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,095 25
- Claiming pension relief 26 1
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 179 4
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 95 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 250 8
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 41 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 289 2
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 75 3
- Tax on Bitcoin gains in hands of individual 155 3
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 201 7
- Write off of former director's loan 380 8
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 240 4
- VAT on part of a closed pub 213 13
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 261 4
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 181 3
- Dispensation pointless ? 324 5
- SME Direct Debit 694 11
- Accountant software 455 13
- Accounting jobs in the UK 185 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 771
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 492
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 305
- How to format a stock book 269
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 220
- Tax efficient holding company structure 210
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 202
- Investment property company accounts template 193
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 177
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 166