Consumer Prices as advertised
Does anybody know which legislation says that for consumer goods, the prices advertised must be stated inclusive of VAT or at least state in small print "+ VAT".
The reason I am asking this is because Tesco recently advertised unlimited broadband package for £2.50 per month but it did not state that this price is exclusive of VAT. Therefore, the actual price for a consumer is £3.00. Now on top of this you also need to add the line rental of £13.75 + VAT. Again the line rental was simply stated as £13.75 per month. It did not state anything like "+ VAT".
The only reference for this is at this link: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/sectors/consumers/basics.htm but it does not give any statutory reference.
BT prices are always inclusive of VAT; TalkTalk prices are also inclusive of VAT.
I migrated from TalkTalk to Tesco but now it has worked out more expensive than the package I had with TalkTalk. To get out of the contract there is a stiff penalty of making up the lost revenue to Tesco of upto 1 years package.
Thanks to anybody who can reply swiftly.
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 123 2
- What would you do in this situation? 645 14
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,057 31
- Dress code 449 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 498 16
- Project being run jointly 202 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 308 4
- Companies House 602 9
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 134 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 354 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 732 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,442 25
- Help Required 414 10
- directors control and tax problems 295 5
- Fastest Software 806 13
- What's in a name ? 388 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 303 4
- Bulk Invoicing 191 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 183 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 264 2
- CTA study material 713
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 435
- Employment related securities question 274
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 237
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 220
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 212
- Expat pension contributions? 200
- Trust for Employee 197
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 172