Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- do i need an online accounting software 42 2
- Moneysoft Payroll 600 13
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 149 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,588 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 271 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 634 9
- Property gift to sister 223 6
- VAT training 356 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 279 7
- 31st october deadline 391 6
- RTI Late Registration query 154 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 265 2
- Payroll software 187 1
- Accounting for display stands 279 7
- Companies House Search 330 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 342 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,543 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 336 3
- A Friday Funny. 378 5
- Something for the weekend? 360 5
- NHS finance professionals 712
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 430
- Foreign Pension Contribution 404
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 389
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 343
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 303
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 285
- IFA income recognition & reporting 226
- Incorporating doctors 224