Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Where has Portia gone? 5,079 111
- Help 198 10
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 106 2
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 249 9
- Overlap profit 298 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 324 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,067 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 142 1
- Payments on account 193 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 96 1
- What do your junior staff do? 528 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 662 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 420 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 542 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 133 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,944 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 362 3
- On the high seas 117 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 149 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 863 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 344
- How do you do it 338
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181