Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- VAT Query on new build 37 1
- Deferring dividends on paper 59 4
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 108 1
- flat rate scheme 2,264 42
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 128 4
- Family Partnership 211 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 37 1
- P11D Car Value 233 6
- Signed accounts for bank 597 12
- NOVA declaration 88 1
- Business valuation advice 696 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,463 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,213 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 255 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,090 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 147 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 371 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 785 11
- HMRC Postal Delays 427 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 322 5