Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Deleted question? 716 19
- Accounts Question 78 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,156 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,923 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 687 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,381 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,911 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 638 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 426 4
- VAT Return Errors 160 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 111 5
- inflation rate year on year 136 3
- Yorkshire Day 590 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 176 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 175 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 376 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 142 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 288 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 235 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 149 1
- Cancelled 468
- Cancelled 385
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 375
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 260
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 235
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 229
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 161
- Employee Benefit Trust 151