Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Capital Allowance & AIA 58 1
- are we that stupid 868 19
- Foster Care 70 1
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 332 5
- letter of reference 144 1
- Flexible report structure in cloud accounting 76 1
- Self Assessment penalties again 284 3
- Flat Management Company 198 1
- Share structure questions - close company 177 2
- Roll old capital gain into current one or declare separately? 165 4
- Income prior to company formation 338 9
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 724 12
- Inexpensive CRM for small accountancy practice? 316 5
- Forbes Computer Systems - Practice Management (CRM) 127 1
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 527 5
- Practice software 1,420 20
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 364 1
- Company leaving VAT group 171 4
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 611 18
- Staff training 1,553 13
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 329
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 287
- French ConnectionUK 267
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 247
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 216
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 214
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 152
- CentreCRM - anybody using it? 150
- E-mailing customer invoices in VT Transaction+ 150
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 148