Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 204 10
- Standard 'email' template system 840 14
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 418 9
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,547 283
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,001 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 199 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 67 1
- Circular shareholding 202 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 177 6
- business card address 270 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 207 2
- Declined for business bank account 170 4
- Loan to a related company 71 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 634 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 323 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 247 8
- property rental income split 115 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 100 1
- Payroll provider 165 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,110
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 363
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 299
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 185
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 170