Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 123 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 209 9
- How to Value a Business 461 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 113 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 526 13
- How much did you pay for your website 468 13
- Companies House 104 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 100 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 372 7
- Company Pension Contributions 246 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 195 4
- Expenses allowable 152 3
- Let Property Campaign 378 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 126 1
- Self employment trap - pension 339 3
- Awkward IP 610 9
- ESC A19 123 2
- When does my Property business start 263 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,534 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 866 19
- CTA study material 600
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 591
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 366
- Employment related securities question 221
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 195
- ATED Penalties 192
- AIM Stocks and IHT 175
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 129
- Trust for Employee 124
- Expat pension contributions? 124