Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 682 5
- See you all on the other side 723 6
- 12Pay 485 2
- dividends 669 2
- R&D 338 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,202 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 452 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 441 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 393 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 663 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 525 4
- Companies house strike off 597 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 452 2
- Moving to the cloud 761 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 221 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 917 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,103 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 513 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 568
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 423
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 334
- USA help 321
- Marginal rates of tax 319
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 318
- Class 2 NI 304
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 297