Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Real names 821 29
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 194 4
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 327 10
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 117 1
- Theatre as charitable company 100 2
- Fixed Assets 116 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 206 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 133 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 129 1
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 338 12
- Dividend payment date 2,008 36
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 515 14
- Consolidating the P+L for an overseas subsidiary 91 4
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 229 7
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 346 1
- Capital Gains Tax 226 6
- Well well well 497 6
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 189 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 185 11
- Errors in prior year accounts 256 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 572
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 440
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 343
- IFA incorporation 325
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 305
- Sorry ignore me 261
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 260
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 249
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 248
- Cancelled 182