Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Freelance/Employee 386 10
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 574 11
- Freehold management company 132 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,804 54
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 192 3
- 2 companies, one payroll 175 5
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 210 6
- System selection 225 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 96 1
- Director Liability 98 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 155 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 383 4
- exemptions from CIS 248 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 569 10
- Xero Pain Points 646 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 272 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 240 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,700 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 401 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 312 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 354
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 333
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 315
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 230
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 226
- Company Structure 207
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 172
- IP trans to holding company 169