Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Limited company buying a car 333 6
- Funding Circle experience 122 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 220 10
- Excel query 72 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,250 13
- Payment on account penalties 92 3
- Tax on free shares 121 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 192 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 115 1
- Audit 475 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 395 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 118 3
- Buying a horse?? 409 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 187 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 763 21
- PITA ex-client 250 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 247 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 361 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 326 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,668 19
- CTA study material 802
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 492
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 456
- Employment related securities question 320
- AIM Stocks and IHT 307
- Expat pension contributions? 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 276
- Trust for Employee 255
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 224
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 158