Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Reusing dissolved company name? 127 2
- Fee protection 141 4
- Ltd company or sole trader 111 3
- Generic PAYE notices 116 2
- deductions for OMB companies 179 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 145 4
- LLP classification of division of profit 124 3
- Insolvent Liquidation 109 1
- insolvency ip control 157 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 312 3
- Free Agent data? 114 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 132 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 529 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 550 12
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 81 1
- UK company avoiding tax 202 2
- Finland 86 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 971 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 177 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 509 8
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 138