Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Disbursement of recharge 389 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 55 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 310 9
- Mortgage Reference 914 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 312 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 118 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 176 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 152 1
- RTI offline? 621 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 186 1
- CIS and Xero 280 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 274 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 196 2
- property capital gains 414 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 170 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 960 9
- Tips on meals 574 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,358 15
- S.455 Tax again 457 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 257 3