Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 172 3
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 76 3
- Comments on this scenario 32 1
- Related Parties Note 401 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 45 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 111 4
- Have i messed up? 573 9
- loss on carbon credits 90 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 539 9
- SAGE con 169 3
- Dazed & confused 136 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 228 2
- Overpayment relief claim 115 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 223 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,529 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 508 28
- Charity reserves 112 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,502 16
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,253 19
- do I have to pay NI? 272 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,001
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 541
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 359
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 271
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 205
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 180
- Personal consumption by landlord 178
- Interest on Loan to a Company 170