Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,531 89
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 781 7
- HMRC Summons for £14k 189 2
- BrightPay 974 28
- Goodie bag 2,795 72
- Corporation Tax Software 310 9
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 63 1
- How many associated companies 132 2
- How do I save face? 1,864 14
- BIK for an electric car 94 1
- Signed accounts for a lender 387 17
- can I approach clients ? 822 11
- Regular Director bonus 268 5
- Secure document exchange 572 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 123 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 558 9
- FreeAgent question 312 8
- Mortgage interest 99 1
- Practising options 489 6
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 449 10
- Possible Partnership? 678
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 530
- Fuming! 470
- New Fangled Penalties 462
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 329
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 254
- Outsource Data Entry 249
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 249
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 198