Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 221 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 521 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 443 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 64 3
- Time recording 94 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 250 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 103 2
- Land Registry 265 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 957 13
- Auto Enrolment 665 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 799 19
- Company Number 10000000 368 4
- Advertising Tips? 304 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,514 29
- IR35 361 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 416 12
- Revenue phishing examples 238 1
- iris update 11.9.2 208 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 542 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 733
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 432
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 366
- Directors' advances and credits 283
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 233
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195