Corporation Tax - Company Limited by Guarantee
Hello, I hope someone can help!
I am a CIMA public sector accountant but I have recently taken on a voluntary role with a small not for profit organisation. Unfortunately they need to submit their first set of accounts to companies house in a week's time!
I have prepared the accounts and from what I can see they owe a fair amount (relative to their size) in corporation tax. They are funded by grants and donations, and mostly organise events and raise awareness.
Is there any way I can avoid this? If they were to apply for charitable status after paying HMRC, could this amount be claimed back?
Many thanks in advance for any help!
- Director drawings 321 30
- Clothing 42 2
- Childcare voucher schemes 82 6
- HMRC SA302s 172 3
- What does the "K" signify 377 7
- Director or self-employed 43 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 115 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 124 3
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 297 2
- What sectors to target? 163 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 86 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 238 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 84 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,861 40
- Interest Relief 161 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 507 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 51 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,593 54
- Rental losses 125 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,585 14
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 901
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 600
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 571
- Latest phishing scam 526
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 179
- Sabbatical payments 171