Corporation tax relief
We have a client who's year end is 31 January. For the year to 2012 they are showing profit of 300K and tax of around 100k.
Since January the next 5 months have been terrible and losses will be approaching 300k.
Can we extend the year end to July 2012, put in a ct return to January 2012 showing the profit of 300k and then after July put in another ct return for Feb to July showing the loss and carry it back to January 2012 to offset?
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,237 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 37 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 182 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 196 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 325 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 84 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 305 7
- Family Partnership 295 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 205 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 204 6
- Business trips - director and family 427 3
- Signed accounts for bank 673 15
- flat rate scheme 2,391 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 334 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 210 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 110 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 875 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 220 5
- VAT Query on new build 133 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 129 1