Corporation tax relief
We have a client who's year end is 31 January. For the year to 2012 they are showing profit of 300K and tax of around 100k.
Since January the next 5 months have been terrible and losses will be approaching 300k.
Can we extend the year end to July 2012, put in a ct return to January 2012 showing the profit of 300k and then after July put in another ct return for Feb to July showing the loss and carry it back to January 2012 to offset?
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,649 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 275 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,541 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 50 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 195 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 215 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 808 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 78 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,293 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 906 37
- Second Limited Company 107 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 488 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 288 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 485 20
- trading losses allowable? 756 14
- Post AAT? 681 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 134 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2