Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Do I need a smartphone? 639 22
- Incorporated when they should not have 179 7
- Help with HMRC investigation 50 2
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 67 2
- Tax position re this lease? 340 8
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 308 5
- AWeb - download file 98 2
- pension paid by company? 311 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 724 17
- Late annual return 101 1
- Charity work 203 10
- Company Director In Prison 359 8
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 218 12
- HMRC Agents Line 112 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 174 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,683 60
- inheritance tax 562 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 161 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 69 1
- SA Agent's Priority Line 172 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 672
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 498
- Cancelled 424
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 333
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 322
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 214
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 197