Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 600 22
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 856 36
- Self Assessment and P11D 44 1
- TRONC scheme 96 1
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 103 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 102 1
- Investment from Friend 130 8
- Advice on letting a client go ? 678 13
- Capital Gains Relief 143 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,596 29
- Identity check problem 1,243 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 181 3
- Business Set up cost 103 1
- Aged Debtor 81 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 962 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 98 3
- blank - ignore 499 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 87 2
- calculate mortgage interest 363 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 456 9
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 876
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 573
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 540
- Latest phishing scam 472
- Entrepreneurs' relief 415
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 341
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 320
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 242
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 235
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 165