Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 994 12
- Company assets 258 8
- Director resignation 692 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,761 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 86 1
- CIS Only Scheme 60 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 432 6
- No payroll scheme in place 331 1
- Xero Training 377 3
- SA Penalty 215 1
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 229 13
- Debtor weighting by sales 67 1
- The stupidity continues 2,793 103
- Company oversea and VAT 170 7
- Am I too soft? 1,059 14
- looking for a practice consultant 374 4
- Sample wording for fair usage terms 184 2
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 439 11
- Small Business Payroll 190 7
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 235 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 498
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 474
- Is there anything wrong with this? 274
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 263
- Uncommercial property business 235
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 202
- Registering online CWF1 179
- Accrued income scheme 176
- VAT - registration needed? 171
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 170