Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 435 6
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 59 2
- Loan notes payment of principal and interest 28 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 181 2
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 200 5
- are receipts needed? 202 7
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 455 27
- Sage 50 174 2
- New accountant 197 5
- sole trader - operating under cis 218 7
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,944 65
- Tax case refeence request 103 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 783 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 223 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,905 29
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 241 5
- Working out a daily rate 169 5
- Auto enrolment 1,244 13
- Payroll dates 138 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 284 8
- Skandia using wrong address 1,575
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 872
- International interest certificate 482
- NOVA 338
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 259
- Management expenses for investment company 230
- Bonus Bonds 229
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 225
- Help with tax codes on Sage 172
- Capital reduction 164