Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 110 7
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 22 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 428 8
- Limited company buying a car 80 3
- ACCA practice certificates 469 5
- Limited company buying director's car 257 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 49 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 49 1
- WC's and capital allowances 160 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 287 13
- Dress code 1,531 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 469 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 239 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 363 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 464 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 156 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 85 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 181 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 164 2
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 473
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 384
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 277
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 254
- Expat pension contributions? 252
- Trust for Employee 231
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 144