Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,459 29
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 709 33
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 458 19
- Maternity and claining expenses 20 1
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 231 5
- An IT question 140 5
- SDLT 94 4
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,217 39
- Employment allowance changes 201 6
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 728 13
- Voluntary dissolution of company 284 5
- Bankstream 981 23
- Excel - Sage Integrated Reporting 136 1
- Inter Company Loans 41 1
- Software that posts COGS? 566 13
- Xerocon 2016 532 9
- Disengagement Help! 356 12
- VAT on online services 210 2
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 45 1
- Excel budget templates - help 504 2