Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 561 13
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 139 8
- Auto Enrolment 16 1
- will this work for IHT 296 3
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 177 3
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 183 2
- Online or Paper 64-8? 379 7
- Notes on related parties 106 4
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 286 2
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 313 4
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 606 6
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 584 20
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 425 8
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 456 9
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 589 9
- iris update 11.9.2 397 6
- Sports Sponsorship 254 2
- Paid too much !! 512 3
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 141 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 260 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 774
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 457
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 277
- DTA tie-breaker issue 265
- CGT for NOn UK residents 228
- Apprenticeship Levy 204
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 185
- Just checking re PSA 180
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 173