Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 345 7
- PAYE variance 118 1
- Partnership VAT reg - also applies to partner's INDIVIDUAL income? 141 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 483 11
- Mother and son property ownership 432 1
- Resigning as a director 222 8
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,740 22
- Paper partnership return 113 2
- Repayment of Share Capital 283 4
- Asignment of lease and premium paid 192 3
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 313 2
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 379 2
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 217 2
- Entrepreneurs' Relief - we're too late, aren't we ? 612 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 481 6
- Joint arrangement but not an entity (JANE) ?? 231 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 276 2
- Self employed care worker 611 12
- Auto enrolment 500 8
- Audacity 1,071 17
- NHS finance professionals 554
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 369
- Foreign Pension Contribution 335
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 317
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 297
- vat gross profit percentage margins 296
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 272
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 241
- EBT Self Assessment Return 229
- Thinning income 209