Payment of finder's fees to 3rd parties Tax Deductable for Sole Traders?
As a Marketing Consultant who is a sole trader I sometimes get my contracts through a middle man.
This middle man looks for and introduces me to prospective clients.
As a compensation for the service of finding / introducing me to a client, I need to pay this middle man a finder's fee/Commission.
This fee is roughly 15% of the value of the contract that I obtain with the client.
As this is a purely business-related cost, I was wondering if I can deduct these cost as a business expense?
Thanks in advance for helping me find an answer to tis question.
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 165 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 804 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 520 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 683 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 298 16
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 84 2
- Personal pension 434 9
- Business rates consultancy 262 4
- Wrong tax code 164 6
- Benefit in Kind 245 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 78 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 268 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,055 31
- Deferred Tax 471 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 206 1
- You know its over 485 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 243 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 142 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 234 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,278 14
- Hive up 511
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 451
- Advice - 292
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 237
- WWOOFers 230
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 193
- The booking.com con 170
- UK State pension paid in NZ 163