CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- Cut-off accounting question 155 8
- account in joint names - gift? 27 1
- Class of Shares 141 2
- Auto Enrolment 140 3
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,093 41
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 74 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 212 8
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 88 2
- statutory maternity pay 95 3
- VAT & Offshore Companies 275 8
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 402 8
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 424 9
- Freelance/Employee 225 7
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,200 12
- Depreciation on purchase of software 292 4
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 212 1
- What would you do? 510 4
- Remove Extinguished Charge 220 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 617 19
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 305 8
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 385
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 339
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 319
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 304
- Electric Car 256
- S222 Charge 223
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 216
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 208
- Company Structure 198
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 165