CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 78 2
- Transferring rental property to limited company 317 11
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 447 6
- IR35 335 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 347 12
- Revenue phishing examples 104 1
- iris update 11.9.2 160 2
- Land Registry 207 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 431 13
- Company Number 10000000 235 3
- 2015 tax year end 516 1
- Company Structure 244 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,291 25
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 759 17
- Advertising Tips? 221 6
- Not renewing AAT 1,460 14
- Cloud-based email services? 266 6
- Dormant co. now trading 323 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,707 21
- Online or Paper 64-8? 244 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 728
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 430
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 353
- Directors' advances and credits 279
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 259
- DTA tie-breaker issue 247
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 208
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195