CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- Annual Report - How to? 347 11
- FBI2 207 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 187 3
- Companies House 164 4
- Interprise software 85 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 504 19
- Charity accounting 264 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 109 1
- sage 120 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 155 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,058 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 216 4
- Double entry 184 4
- Small house in garden 158 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 175 2
- Clients 926 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 296 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 155 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 284 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 312 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 541
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 471
- EPS and CIS deductions 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 312
- Construction CIS LLP Company 303
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 298
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 264
- Overdrawn director account 220
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 202