CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- Accounting for share for share 66 5
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 29 2
- Penalties for non-filing of EC Sales List 22 1
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 192 5
- dreaded p11d dispensation 139 5
- What should I do for 'free' 699 8
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 268 2
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 302 8
- Sportman claiming for training kit 76 2
- Use of home for storage 382 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 105 1
- Company Accounts 308 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,468 349
- disclosue checklist 91 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 542 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 70 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,471 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 222 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 226 2
- Current Asset Investment 160 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,195
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 196