CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 568 19
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 243 3
- Auto Enrolment set up 366 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 525 18
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 416 9
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 134 2
- More HMRC on gov.uk 94 1
- Interflora florist 64 1
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 281 6
- Directors loan accounts 414 10
- Income Self employed 540 8
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,187 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 253 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 344 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 258 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 120 2
- Employed clients and expenses 802 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,038 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 702 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 917 34
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 542
- NOVA 490
- Bonus Bonds 376
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 354
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 157
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 145
- Finance Lease 141