CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 343 7
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 341 8
- BrightPay 648 21
- SDLT on leases 120 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 355 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 910 26
- Gift or Capital Gain? 341 10
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 280 4
- Abolish the penalty regime 108 3
- IHT Query 150 3
- Statutary sick pay 190 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 275 4
- Director Salary 357 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 300 7
- Capital Gain? 428 11
- Reversing out RTI 198 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 307 9
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 284 6
- Classic cars investment 250 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 389 7
- Possible Partnership? 449
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 422
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 417
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 363
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 218
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 215
- Clubs and Taxable Income 209
- Income tax on foreign dividends 197
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 192
- New Fangled Penalties 169