CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 342 9
- HELP...historic SSP query! 79 3
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 723 19
- US share sale - income or capital 56 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,360 12
- flat rate scheme 889 30
- Allocation of income from property 318 8
- Capital allowances on residential property? 129 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 225 2
- Before I call employers helpline 327 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 165 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 300 1
- CIS online 183 3
- Class IV NIC 243 3
- bookkeeping system 248 4
- Company van paid by director 145 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,592 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 264 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 183 3
- Private company division 153 1