CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 169 9
- client threatening legal action 1,796 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 678 8
- Partially exempt? 239 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 89 1
- First VAT Visit for client 228 4
- Dividend in specie 227 7
- Lorry Drivers 139 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 100 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 99 1
- Mexican student in UK 119 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 199 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 301 12
- payroll software 131 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,052 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 110 1
- Pricing 333 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 251 5
- VAT 118 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 852 18
- Skandia using wrong address 489
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 273
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 226
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 217
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 214
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 160