CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 920 26
- BrightPay quirks 303 4
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 29 1
- Closing down loss-making company 23 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 407 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,310 38
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 92 2
- VAT disaggregation 77 1
- Appointment of director 64 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 503 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 213 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 275 3
- Mortgage Reference 617 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 341 7
- Insovent companies 916 19
- New Build 253 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,322 48
- Website Content 238 1
- Personal Tax 672 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 234 1