CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 146 5
- Vat registration exception 189 3
- CIS software 59 2
- Homing sandwiches 442 11
- CT600 107 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 169 7
- Settlement discount 127 4
- signature required 500 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 510 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 177 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 166 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 120 2
- Pratice Management Software 120 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 205 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 131 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 186 2
- Related Party Transactions 121 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 111 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 468 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 766 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,241
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 811
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 520
- Digita Hosted Software 335
- Credit where credit's due....... 311
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 236
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 193
- TheTax Donut 179
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 158
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 158