CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 105 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 167 12
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 106 2
- You know its over 208 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 122 3
- Cocaine anyone? 446 8
- Late Registration for VAT 468 13
- EIS/SEIS 129 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 256 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 397 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 394 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 660 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 528 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 552 4
- Personal pension 390 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 213 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,197 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 897 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 133 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,510 22
- Hive up 480
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 445
- corporate hierarchy 428
- Advice - 263
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 217
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 200
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 166