CT return - extra software required?
I am struggling to set up the Adobe trust settings for the HMRC website so I can file a CT return. The clear instructions don't allow for the fact that my computer deliberately obscures an important check box towards the end of the process and no amount of resetting the screen resolution will help. I spoke to a horrible person on the HMRC helpline who didn't want to help at all, and in the end I slammed the phone down. Someone at Cos House who was much nicer and more competent got me going again, but I later decided I wouldn't use this option to file at Cos house after all, so saved as instructed and exited.
When going in again it seems I have to reset the trust settings with all the aggravation I had yesterday.
I would rather run away than go through all this hassle again. Would I be better off with Ftax (given they've had some problems this year?) I only have 6 tax clients at present, so anything quite cheap and cheerful would be fine if it was better than HMRC's offering.
All suggestions gratefully received (sob).
- Company Secretarial Software 1,357 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 633 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 219 7
- Real names 1,062 33
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 34 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 111 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 254 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,556 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,923 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,911 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 61 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 113 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 160 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 458 22
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 90 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 85 1
- Tax position re this lease? 154 2
- VAT on Training Courses 137 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 135 2
- Self employed travel expenses 167 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 272
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 265
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 256
- Cancelled 197
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 167