CT returns for Not for Profit resident companies
I have a company set up purely to acquire and hold the freehold title purchased for the property I live in (there is one other tenant who has jointly acquired it via this company). The company was dormant until it acquired the freehold and that is the only transaction with nothing going through the P&L account.
My question is for CT purposes is this company still considered dormant as it is not for profit nor trading but simply has acquired the freehold asset on its balance sheet. Do I need to inform HMRC this company was active for this year and file a CT form or do I not need to inform them at all? After this set of accounts we expect the company to be dormant with all service charges, etc to remain outside of this company.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- What are my legal responsibilities 227 11
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 317 4
- No more tax returns... 1,507 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 402 6
- Signed accounts for bank 232 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 465 10
- Landing clients 376 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,137 22
- Termination Payment 167 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 178 3
- CRM / marketing 97 2
- Allocation of income from property 749 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,863 28
- Opening a Quick books file 106 1
- 64-8 problems 509 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 343 10
- Payment on account reminders 234 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 104 3
- Hello 515 4
- AIA/Capital Allowances 496 14