CT returns for Not for Profit resident companies
I have a company set up purely to acquire and hold the freehold title purchased for the property I live in (there is one other tenant who has jointly acquired it via this company). The company was dormant until it acquired the freehold and that is the only transaction with nothing going through the P&L account.
My question is for CT purposes is this company still considered dormant as it is not for profit nor trading but simply has acquired the freehold asset on its balance sheet. Do I need to inform HMRC this company was active for this year and file a CT form or do I not need to inform them at all? After this set of accounts we expect the company to be dormant with all service charges, etc to remain outside of this company.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- Post AAT? 698 4
- Second Limited Company 132 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,668 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 291 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 183 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,553 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 78 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 234 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 222 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 821 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 117 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,297 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 911 37
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 496 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 296 8
- Probate services 372 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 516 20
- trading losses allowable? 761 14
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 162 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 195 2