CT600 and Adobe incompatibilities - again
I downloaded the CT600 form yesterday, expecting a tedious afternoon, but not expecting to have to fight the system all afternoon, evening, and half today. I need to use the accounts section for Companies House and HMRC and then the CT600 form.
Started with the latest Adobe Reader X. Adjusted the settings exactly as specified on the HMRC website - execpt that the ‘Import Contact Settings’ window did not even display the 6th checkbox (‘privileged system operations …’). Gave up on this computer, tried a different computer, same version of Adobe and a clean CT600 PDF file. Successfully changed the Adobe settings, happily typed in all the accounts data. came to view/print the accounts and got the error message:
This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The use of the extended features has expired. Please ask the document author for the latest version of the document.
So I searched Accountingweb any answers and found that there's a possible incompatibility with Adobe X. So uninstalled Adobe X, installed Adobe 9.4 and started again. Successfully changed settings, typed in all accounts data again. Back to View/Print. This time a strange error message:
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.
I am totally at a loss. I don't even know what sort of program it thinks it wants. In previous years Adobe Reader would do everything, with few if any problems. I've used computers for over 40 years and quite familiar with the technology, but this one has me completely stumped. Is it just that HMRC have screwed up again, or have I missed something significant. Surely if I'm using their online submission system for everything I don't need iXBRL software as well, do I?
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,657 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 276 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,546 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 63 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 202 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 216 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 810 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 87 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,294 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 113 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 490 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 367 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 489 20
- trading losses allowable? 757 14
- Post AAT? 686 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 136 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2