Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Coming in from the cold 298 3
- Splitting the tax year 148 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 179 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 159 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 100 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 197 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 253 8
- Director's tax return 328 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 100 1
- Sage Payroll 313 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 206 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,065 33
- vat return 262 3
- Flat rate vat 149 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 162 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 239 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 161 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 424
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 302
- Free Tax Legislation? 272
- Director Loan account operation 253
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 251
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 244
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 164