Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Merging 375 9
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 88 4
- Merger of Two companies 316 13
- Entrepreneurs Relief 60 1
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 154 4
- CIC Dividend Cap 291 10
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 158 4
- IHT dilemma 949 16
- Why should I retain membership? 3,380 55
- Merger of Two companies 434 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 896 21
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 239 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 659 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 198 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,803 24
- New business - journal entries 557 24
- IFA incorporation problems 297 4
- Coding Notice 332 7
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 313 2
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 179 5
- Auto enrolment excuses 961
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 740
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 427
- Excuses, excuses!!! 314
- Digita Hosted Software 238
- Social investment tax relief 236
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 231
- Call Centre Data Costs 224
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 203
- Travel costs and contractors 202