Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Annual Report - How to? 97 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 45 1
- CGT on 'listed co return of capital via B share' 49 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,021 14
- Investment property? 613 5
- PAYE 105 2
- Quote for client 321 8
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 257 6
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 102 2
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 198 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 50 1
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 89 1
- Investment Unrealised Gains Accounting Treatment 73 1
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 291 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 272 10
- error on companies house accounts 913 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 202 3
- ATT Exam tips and study help 133 2
- Client's company struck off 1,894 21
- Refurbised Pub 191 4
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 517
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 454
- EPS and CIS deductions 320
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 304
- Construction CIS LLP Company 295
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 279
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 228
- SAGE winforecast 218
- Overdrawn director account 202
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 200