Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 135 4
- Yorkshire Day 527 35
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,783 65
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 123 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 351 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 106 3
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 586 1
- SMP reclaimable by employer 265 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 217 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 94 1
- inflation rate year on year 81 2
- Deleted question? 652 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 285 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 348 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 143 6
- E-Magazines and pdfs 144 3
- Late annual return 200 2
- Flat rate VAT 370 8
- corporation tax 481 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,140 29
- Cancelled 458
- Cancelled 380
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Probiz 351
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 254
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 232
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 225
- More spam 180
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 155