Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Who owns the data 174 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 126 5
- Sole Trader Fees 88 1
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 63 1
- Director hired as an individual 17 1
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 53 1
- Loan interest rental property 179 5
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 104 4
- Theatre as charitable company 29 1
- Real names 446 17
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 125 5
- Peer to Peer lending 110 5
- What's the plural? 656 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 91 1
- Well well well 235 2
- Capital Gains Tax 101 3
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 150 1
- Dividend payment date 1,846 32
- Use of aliases 700 19
- Any Benefit in Kind when obliged to attend a dinner? 151 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 568
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 429
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 331
- IFA incorporation 306
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 295
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 284
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 248
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 234
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 225
- Sorry ignore me 217