Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Freelance/Employee 639 16
- Recommendations for online payroll software 181 1
- . 168 1
- Accountant Specialization. 248 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 230 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 159 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 159 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 436 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 85 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 592 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 676 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 118 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 180 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 327 6
- Is it just me ... 278 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 285 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 114 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 347 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 222 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,533 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 745
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 354
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 183
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 171
- AIA 166
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 163