Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,203 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,331 21
- CIS and Close Company 124 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 301 1
- VAT Option to tax 475 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 179 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 201 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 133 2
- Director leaving in month 1 162 2
- Ex Gratia payments 93 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 293 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 179 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 199 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 194 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 180 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 58 1
- EIS - connection through employment 98 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 253 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 68 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 234 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 915
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 643
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 402
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 344
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 191
- Pension Fixed Protection 163