Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Just for fun. 693 22
- VAT on purchase of plant from Germany 97 3
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 60 1
- How to pay national insurance 497 16
- Spam blocking 115 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 199 4
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 200 9
- AccountingWeb is unworkable 106 1
- Small pool write off 208 4
- Bonus in june 233 2
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 172 5
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 103 2
- HMRC Email 314 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,918 21
- Employment status 208 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 174 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 988 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 362 4
- Overlap relief 641 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 166 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 480
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 375
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 369
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 342
- Perkbox 308
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 299
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 269
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 266
- Document Management Systems 249
- WIP Software 229