Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 55 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,072 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 441 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 224 6
- VAT silly question 2,268 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 173 6
- Classic cars investment 158 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 258 3
- Cater Allen Commission 137 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 255 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 733 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 132 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 84 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 132 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 141 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 507 13
- Sage at it again? 375 5
- BrightPay 518 13
- Is this a scam? 1,612 27
- S455 465 21
- Benchmarking 476
- Possible Partnership? 420
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 393
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 337
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 200
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 185
- Late reply from HMRC 177
- Clubs and Taxable Income 175
- Income tax on foreign dividends 175