Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Non resident income. 196 11
- Use of home deduction 398 13
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 19 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 296 5
- Software 203 4
- Director payroll - prorated NI? 173 5
- SA800 Returns 212 4
- state pension statement 712 9
- Allocation of internal division of work - manger level 245 10
- VAT on EU supplies 33 1
- VAT on purchse from EU supplier but goods were sent outside of EU from supplier 87 1
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 145 4
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 84 1
- Goodwill adjustment 181 5
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 373 22
- Company dividends 323 9
- Broadband costs 155 1
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 105 1
- is PMI for directors and families 133 2
- US-UK pension problem 116 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 846
- Copy Wanted 586
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 529
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 505
- Latest phishing scam 385
- Entrepreneurs' relief 363
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 318
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 304
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 293
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 205