Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,185 53
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,003 19
- Related Parties Note 103 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 765 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 192 7
- what time is it ? 306 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 89 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 432 24
- VAT on disbursement 168 2
- tax credits 208 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,043 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 85 1
- LLP - Member leaving 193 6
- Year end 262 3
- Foreign income for self employed 173 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 309 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 327 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,151 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 255 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 630 21
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 909
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 528
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 336
- How to format a stock book 321
- Tax efficient holding company structure 258
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 248
- Investment property company accounts template 232
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 197
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 184
- Charge out rates in London? 158