Deceased's Guaranteed Pension
I'm executor of my late father's estate. He had a pension guaranteed for 5 years so that, if he died within 5 years, his pension would continue until the expiry of 5 years.
The pension company has paid the outstanding amounts to me as if it were my own money and taxed it. HMRC has sent me a revised tax code to reflect my "new source of income"! The money should have been paid to me as executor of the estate.
I've spoken to the pension provider and they have said I need to ask HMRC to sort this out. HMRC tell me the provider needs to sort it out.
Does anybody know how this should be resolved? Is there a procedure for the pension provider to reverse what they have done without getting HMRC input? Whose responsibility would it be to rectify this.
Thanks for any help.
- Car benefit or not? 2,487 25
- substantial shareholding exemption 136 1
- Land Registry 375 5
- Sole Trader or Ltd Company 200 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,714 24
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 468 9
- Large director's pension contribution 553 8
- Credit for price reduction - Inventory write down effect 87 1
- Company car and the new dividend tax rules 257 4
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 346 12
- Appropriate mileage allowance rate for privately leased car 94 3
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 173 5
- Company Structure 624 16
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 479 8
- Best software for small practice? 741 21
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,803 40
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 327 7
- Best Auto Enrollment Provider for clients DIY 177 6
- Cloud-based email services? 726 13
- Disclosure of client assets under IFRS 106 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 787
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 280
- DTA tie-breaker issue 274
- CGT for NOn UK residents 237
- Apprenticeship Levy 213
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 202
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 196
- Just checking re PSA 189
- Capital Gains personal representatives 186