deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Directors Share Purchase 194 6
- Directors Remuneration 786 25
- Registering a client for Self assessment through Agent log ons 158 2
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 516 9
- Incapable of reading 230 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 191 3
- How much to charge 297 4
- How to pay national insurance 236 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 249 4
- Government Gateway 1,014 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,595 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 221 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 115 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 131 2
- P11D Rejection 390 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 564 14
- Selling a practice 386 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,305 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 188 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 448
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 351
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 344
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 315
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 221
- WIP Software 210