deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 285 5
- US Sales Tax 99 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 352 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 185 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 62 1
- Group Relief 112 4
- R&D Credits 88 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 218 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 81 2
- Clients 661 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 229 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 110 3
- Starting new accounting business 258 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 450 10
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 77 1
- Sage Payroll 90 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 103 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 423 8
- Tolley UK sales number 209 7
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 119 2
- QROP pension input amounts 492
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 476
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 438
- EPS and CIS deductions 293
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 285
- Construction CIS LLP Company 276
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 238
- SAGE winforecast 198
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 188
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182