deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 137 3
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 65 1
- Post AAT? 702 4
- Second Limited Company 135 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,674 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 292 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 183 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,556 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 88 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 250 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 223 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 821 13
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,298 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 913 37
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 500 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 296 8
- Probate services 372 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 527 20
- trading losses allowable? 761 14
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 167 1