deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,899 35
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 764 18
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 211 2
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 219 5
- Classic cars investment 315 9
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 465 10
- Gift or Capital Gain? 435 13
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 630 9
- HMRC - Sage Backup 211 5
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,143 29
- BrightPay 733 23
- Company strike off and terminal loss relief 117 3
- VAT silly question 2,520 58
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 88 1
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,913 44
- VAT Adjustments 178 5
- Tronc Scheme 111 1
- How much to charge? 409 6
- Sage 2010 data corruption 255 6
- Sell business after leaving country 248 5
- Possible Partnership? 477
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 452
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 441
- New Fangled Penalties 253
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 241
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 239
- Clubs and Taxable Income 230
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 227
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 214
- Loans to other companies 176