deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 123 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 371 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 209 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 403 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 79 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,363 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 391 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 580 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 189 2
- Old CGT loss 213 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 191 3
- Paper tax return 161 4
- Start up allowance? 385 12
- Will I need to resign? 213 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 250 3
- AIA or IFA 460 7
- Surely not? 467 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 646 9
- Late Registration for VAT 370 11