deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Sage Priority Support 140 3
- incorrect old p60 247 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 124 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 798 24
- Micro-entity accounts 80 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 969 26
- Related party disclosure 143 3
- Inflation and fees 1,295 23
- Company reconstruction 72 1
- Missing tax return 251 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 209 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 104 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 137 1
- Advice please! 385 2
- VAT on new builds 154 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 117 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 349 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,942 28
- Redundancy Pay 446 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 736 6