deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Accountancy software for an imac 134 3
- Value pricing 1,972 86
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 543 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 398 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 448 7
- March RTI Submission 112 1
- LLP members share of profits 326 16
- VT accounts licence key 532 9
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 86 1
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 81 1
- SDLT on land 88 2
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 98 1
- VAT Option to tax 244 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 93 2
- Current tax asset 124 2
- Grants 189 5
- Tricky VAT question 419 4
- Audit Required 972 20
- Ex Gratia payment via Payroll 247 5
- 20 hours/week - payroll? 262 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 876
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 613
- Free Tax Legislation? 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 353
- Director Loan account operation 351
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 311
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 298
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 281
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 271
- Paye procedures for CVA 202