deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Where has Portia gone? 1,308 58
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,637 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 501 16
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 269 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 72 4
- VAT on commercial property 83 3
- Rogue Accountant 2,977 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 221 4
- deceased creditor 139 5
- Corporate member of LLP 267 1
- Investment company 259 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 324 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 201 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 362 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 93 1
- Transfer of stock 358 12
- Holiday entitlement 545 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 341 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 192 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 250 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 527
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 302
- Sanzar 301
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 270
- Report old income 235
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 235