deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Cash injection by shareholder 90 3
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 264 8
- PRR 225 12
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 193 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,095 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 152 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,464 424
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 288 4
- corp tax software 346 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 439 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 463 7
- Which tax box 185 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 113 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 234 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 206 6
- References for clients 201 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 147 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 118 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 316 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 145 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,297
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 462
- National Insurance 360
- Non Resident 278
- Franchise income and costs 255
- Hands on experience of Digita 209
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 168
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 140