deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- FHL - hedge purchase 101 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 522 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 266 3
- Fees 467 6
- HMRC Post 581 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 435 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 180 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 442 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 290 3
- www.pool.adzio 162 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 190 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,880 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 286 3
- Transactions with directors 481 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 314 9
- Non VAT invoices 250 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,436 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 281 5
- Form 17 Download 198 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 600 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 768
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 420
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 304
- S222 Charge 251
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 215
- IP trans to holding company 197
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 191
- AIA 189
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 183