deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 421 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 60 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 134 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 205 5
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 672 7
- EBT 161 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 138 8
- deleting customers on Sage 50 117 5
- Giving a seminar 501 28
- Joint Filing Help 87 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 175 4
- Flat Rate Scheme 248 13
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,175 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 245 2
- Writing off bad debts 165 4
- Added years superannuation 44 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 98 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 342 7
- Care to help a student out? 278 9
- Residency 91 day rule 191 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,196
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 599
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 403
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 186
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 175
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 155
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 155