deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 417 8
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 547 7
- Directors and unemployment benefit 264 12
- new capital structure ltd with investors 250 3
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 377 8
- Have I made a mistake... 709 6
- Directors need for self assessment? 648 19
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,534 21
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 194 6
- How do you account in the VAT return for 210 3
- Dividend Vouchers 127 1
- Night out allowance 306 2
- Missing accountant! 1,251 5
- Sage Import Data 111 2
- Selling a company asset below market value 266 3
- Paying Personal Allowance in one go 306 6
- CT loss memorandum 79 1
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 228 3
- Property Development 416 9
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 279 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 412
- CTA study material 377
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 278
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 256
- Pre incorp expenses 217
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 207
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 195
- Slight twist on employment related securities 185
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 133
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 126