deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 620 9
- Property gift to sister 204 6
- Who gets the CGT deduction 256 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,565 27
- VAT training 331 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 276 7
- 31st october deadline 384 6
- RTI Late Registration query 147 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 261 2
- Payroll software 183 1
- Accounting for display stands 274 7
- Companies House Search 317 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 325 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,528 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 329 3
- A Friday Funny. 370 5
- Something for the weekend? 345 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 575 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,261 19
- Coming out of flat rate 176 1
- NHS finance professionals 711
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 403
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 388
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 302
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 283
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 221