deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- VT accounts licence key 145 4
- PTP software disaster 121 1
- Wrong career 317 13
- Value pricing 618 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 188 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 82 1
- FPS Submission 43 1
- vat return 194 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 141 3
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 153 4
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 53 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,936 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 139 3
- Director's tax return 111 2
- reporting salary? 236 5
- Other forums 187 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 360 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 155 1
- Career Advice 158 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 282 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 780
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 532
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 399
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 285
- Free Tax Legislation? 230
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 228
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- Director Loan account operation 219
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 212
- Paye procedures for CVA 153