deciding on domicile?
UK born individual, born in the UK, parents were UK (now dead).
he moved to South Africa in 1975 to work and lived there ever since.
his children were born in SA and have no connections with the UK.
since his retirement three years ago, he has spent approx 100 days per year in the UK over last three years. (probably UK resident , definitely UK resident post April 2013.)
he is building a holiday home in the UK now and he intends to spend 100 days in the UK for the forseeable future. he considers his main home to be in SA and will probably be buried there.
anyone any comments one way or another on his domicile status?
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 131 4
- Sorry ignore me 831 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 250 6
- Invoice Help 159 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 123 1
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 272 6
- Employee overpaid who has left 162 3
- Peer to Peer lending 821 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 74 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 201 4
- Is this a scam? 486 6
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 273 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 241 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,228 17
- Childcare for clients 182 1
- One off meeting new client 555 9
- Employment allowance (again) :( 176 1
- illegal dividends 351 3
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 205 3
- VAT questions 315 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 619
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 527
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 381
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 290
- Cancelled 278
- Cancelled 241
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 184
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 184
- Probiz 165
- What's the market like for temps? 160