In at the deep ?
Been asked to look at the Accounts of a Deep Sea Diver to establish whether it would be of benefit to Incorporate his existing Sole Trade business currently showing a net profit in excess of £ 150 K.
Whilst I can do the necessary calculations etc. a couple of matters have come to light which I really ought to sort before I go further :-
The client is adamant ( no paperwork forthcoming ! ) that the Contractor pays his Nat Ins !
The P/L A/c for the Sole Trade splits the turnover between the UK Sector & Non-Uk !
Have no experience whatsoever ( therein probably lies the answer ! ) of this Industry sector - can anyone point me in the right direction as HMRC's Web-Site is like sifting through treacle on these points.
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 148 2
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 81 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 531 24
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,311 420
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 954 48
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 324 16
- Is this fraud? 527 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 73 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 269 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 65 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 155 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 147 1
- Naming new company 310 6
- Saying goodbye 542 14
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 198 4
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 651 5
- Pension Contributions Relief 398 12
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 93 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 795 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,494 31
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,284
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 457
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 265
- Franchise income and costs 244
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 156
- Employer's Helpline 153
- employment capital allowances 143