Definition of New Business for NIC Holiday
Director of a Construction Company which went into liquidation in February starts up new Company in Construction in March.
The construction company in liquidation had a workforce of 10 plus 3 Directors.
The new company is soley 1 of the directors working on his own plus some occasional subcontract labour, which is a quite different set up to the company in liquidation.
From HMRC's information the new company will not be considered as new, as the new business is carrying on activities e.g. construction work, which were undertaken by the previous company in the 6 months prior to commencement.
By simply operating in the same sector as the previous company does this prevent a claim for the NIC holiday?.
The new company's main client was not one of the customers of the company in liquidation and as noted above the new company is a one man band thus method of operation quite different e.g. much smaller scale.
- Goodwill ammortisation 212 2
- Overpayment relief claim 94 4
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 208 9
- Related Parties Note 363 7
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,506 63
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 497 28
- Charity reserves 104 2
- SAGE con 128 1
- Aggressive HMRC 1,450 16
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 484 8
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 122 1
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,236 19
- do I have to pay NI? 259 4
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 94 3
- rates of pay query 143 1
- Flat rate vat error 410 8
- Can you recognize revenue on asset sold and bought back at a later stage? 95 2
- How to format a stock book 393 2
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 269 8
- Investment property company accounts template 262 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 996
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 540
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 357
- Tax efficient holding company structure 284
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 268
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 209
- Charge out rates in London? 201
- Personal consumption by landlord 177
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 176
- Interest on Loan to a Company 168