I know it's our busiest time of year and maybe that's making me a bit more sensitive than normal, but I can't help feeling that clients are becoming more & more demanding.
For example, a client who phoned this morning was told by my assistant that I was in meetings until 4pm, but assured them that I would call back after 4pm. They tried my mobile twice before 4pm and then called the office again at 4.15 irate becasue they had tried to get hold of me "several times". Thing is, they were third on my call back list when i started making them at 4pm and I'd only got to number 2!!
Then had a calls from two clients with December year ends asking why their accounts weren't done as they had seen houses to buy and the mortgage brokers needed the figures NOW.
It seems to have gone crazy just at the moment, or is it just me?
- Inflation and fees 1,251 22
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 733 21
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 63 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 114 1
- Advice please! 362 2
- VAT on new builds 136 3
- incorrect old p60 183 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 107 1
- Related party disclosure 65 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 323 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,913 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 708 6
- Sage Priority Support 118 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 512 4
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 363 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 146 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 139 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 155 1
- Missing tax return 211 2