Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Do I need a smartphone? 250 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 229 3
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 449 6
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 47 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 155 3
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,777 13
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 40 2
- Deduction from Salary 752 21
- Company struck off 212 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,406 53
- Opening Balances 278 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 274 6
- Employment Allowance 402 7
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 361 12
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 490 9
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 371 9
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 284 1
- West Bromich Albion 364 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,919 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 450 10
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 648
- Cancelled 402
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 347
- How not to compose an email 329
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 326
- Probiz 313
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 292
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 226
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 203