Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 303 4
- Closing my business down 92 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 850 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 302 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 192 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 112 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 594 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,242 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,471 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 193 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 114 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 293 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 91 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,097 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 417 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 157 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 226 3
- FPS or EPS 174 2
- Continuity of Practice 225 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 148 2
- Moving away from CCH software 956
- QROP pension input amounts 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 385
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 359
- fraud 286
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 261
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 230
- Construction CIS LLP Company 214
- EPS and CIS deductions 202
- Out of time or not? 182