Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Strike off 44 2
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 29 1
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 116 4
- Gift to son by parents 285 2
- Company investment 47 1
- What is your favourite font? 249 7
- RTI Mess 595 10
- directors loan 490 9
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,551 81
- When to register or not for PAYE 212 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 550 23
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 574 8
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 427 6
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 529 5
- Assets at strike off 179 3
- Business only use of company car 800 29
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 215 5
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,164 34
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,233 30
- New Company reviews please 686 16
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 335
- Any thoughts on Capium? 279
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 268
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 238
- auto enrolment 214
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 193
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 184
- How to account for investment in JV? 173
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 162