Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- IT Contractor 243 1
- Professional coaching claimable? 136 1
- Sage instant account codes 128 1
- Networking 166 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 272 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 208 1
- Turnover on a tax return 330 8
- incorrect old p60 455 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 308 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,937 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 304 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 255 3
- VAT refund 199 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 278 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 273 3
- Missing tax return 398 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,134 30
- Inflation and fees 1,417 24
- Sage Priority Support 193 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 847 24