Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 113 2
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 171 12
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 111 2
- You know its over 213 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 126 3
- Cocaine anyone? 447 8
- Late Registration for VAT 468 13
- EIS/SEIS 129 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 256 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 398 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 394 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 663 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 529 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 553 4
- Personal pension 390 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 213 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,198 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 898 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 133 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,510 22
- Hive up 480
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 445
- corporate hierarchy 428
- Advice - 263
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 217
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 200
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 166