Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 279 13
- VAT flat rate scheme 224 4
- Unpaid Fee's 433 8
- IHT on offshore settlement 109 1
- Subcontracting accountancy work 110 2
- Client information from previous accountant 251 5
- Tax and NI on payment to overseas employee 177 2
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 311 10
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 200 9
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 247 5
- Corporation Tax DTR 923 9
- PAYE NI 197 4
- break even point 1,040 31
- Tasbook email configuration 214 3
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 245 4
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 136 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 410 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 232 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,698 31
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 167 1
- Possible Partnership? 519
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 499
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 470
- New Fangled Penalties 314
- Clubs and Taxable Income 264
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 261
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 259
- Loans to other companies 198
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 173
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 163