Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- IT advisory questions? 249 6
- signature required 528 22
- Use of home query 58 1
- Pratice Management Software 152 2
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 220 6
- Error in audited accounts 58 1
- Vat registration exception 197 3
- CIS software 72 2
- Homing sandwiches 465 11
- CT600 119 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 177 7
- Settlement discount 141 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 513 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 184 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 172 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 132 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 215 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 133 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 189 2
- Related Party Transactions 129 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,245
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 816
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 521
- Digita Hosted Software 339
- Credit where credit's due....... 314
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 238
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 197
- TheTax Donut 180
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 162
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 162