Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 107 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 459 5
- flat rate scheme 124 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 161 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 69 1
- VAT refund 309 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,279 37
- Turnover on a tax return 542 12
- incorrect old p60 562 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 111 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 181 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 148 1
- Special dividends & CGT 202 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 186 1
- Networking 359 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 276 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 304 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 334 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 292 2
- IT Contractor 284 1