Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 358 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 980 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,110 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 272 9
- How much does the company pay 409 12
- VAT on Business Premises 26 1
- HMRC property income enquiry 234 6
- I have done a terrible thing 521 13
- LLp Profits 124 5
- Consolidation Software 105 1
- two business from one premises 116 2
- AIA 234 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 329 20
- partnership tax return 143 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 166 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 93 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 297 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,167 27
- s455 tax 138 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 102 1
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 500
- corporate hierarchy 464
- Advice - 316
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 265
- WWOOFers 255
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 233
- The booking.com con 232
- Cocaine anyone? 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 213
- UK State pension paid in NZ 174