Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,322 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 269 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 853 18
- NALS Accountants Report 101 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,468 35
- Legal title not in the company name 272 10
- Dividend dates 562 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 127 3
- Sole properietor 171 4
- transitioning payroll 238 8
- dividend proposals 106 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 233 2
- Deduction from Salary 298 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 194 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,725 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 92 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 437 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 158 2
- 12 Pay Problems 255 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 89 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 624
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 311
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 231
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 230
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 176