Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 352 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 185 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 59 1
- Group Relief 110 4
- R&D Credits 87 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 218 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 76 2
- Clients 654 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 220 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 107 3
- Starting new accounting business 252 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 450 10
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 65 1
- Sage Payroll 88 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 102 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 423 8
- Tolley UK sales number 207 7
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 116 2
- Are agent account managers any good? 156 2
- Non Resident Landlord Scheme - Penalties 91 3
- QROP pension input amounts 492
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 476
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 438
- EPS and CIS deductions 293
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 285
- Construction CIS LLP Company 276
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 238
- SAGE winforecast 198
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 188
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182