Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Capital allowances in first basis period 218 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 203 7
- Why do I do this every year 94 2
- Limited Companies Merger 184 5
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 199 18
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,534 41
- eBay trading 204 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 250 10
- Self assesment online 888 10
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 1,102 46
- childcare 90 3
- Childcare voucher schemes 220 8
- What sectors to target? 531 25
- Rent a room scheme query. 133 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 451 12
- PAYE Control Visit 194 2
- Practice management 332 6
- Repayment of maternity pay 200 4
- Journals to Creditors Control 252 8
- Capital allowances on Software 131 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 920
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 638
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 592
- Latest phishing scam 570
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 400
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 302
- Scratch Head 223
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 219
- Sabbatical payments 189
- Negligible Value Claim 163