Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Not a question but made my day 1,097 22
- Thinning income 286 1
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 322 10
- I forgiven loan an Output? 84 1
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 177 2
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 169 4
- Audacity 1,302 22
- Buying a company for £2000 from owner how it works? 193 4
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 685 8
- partnership first tax return 123 1
- Payroll got out of synch 367 11
- Charitable incorporated organisation 86 1
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 275 3
- tax credits 167 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 295 9
- Legitimate Expectation 186 2
- What do do about VAT? 478 14
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 103 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,101 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 180 2
- NHS finance professionals 591
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 362
- vat gross profit percentage margins 333
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 323
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 303
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 270
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 221
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198
- Incorporating doctors 191