Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 344 6
- Tech Champion of the Year 259 6
- Xmas party 123 1
- Just because it's Friday 295 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,361 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 153 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 108 4
- Capital Allowances 158 4
- equipment rental 221 10
- Acquisition by company 117 5
- Non sequitur 543 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,502 23
- R&D on products not sold 101 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 924 13
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 198 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 646 9
- Transfer of land to family members 102 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 592 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 220 6
- Not registered for VAT. Germany wants proof! 243 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,366
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 437
- Alphabet shares 241
- Agent fees to sell business 231
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 230
- Charge out rates in London 184
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 169
- which entity 151
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 141