Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 709 11
- Sports Sponsorship 28 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 426 14
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 185 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 192 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 90 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,253 14
- Best software for small practice? 529 19
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 73 3
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 331 12
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,237 21
- HMRC Enquiry 427 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 152 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 279 4
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,400 16
- Long/Short Period of Account 164 3
- Another HMRC Cock Up 760 7
- Directors' advances and credits 347 1
- HMRC Statements 351 5
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 546 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 763
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 452
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 219
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 193
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 190
- Capital Gains personal representatives 177