Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Any Scottish members out there? 5,930 208
- Trademark Fun 92 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,456 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 118 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 152 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 632 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 165 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 144 1
- Recycle old study books 347 9
- Share for share exchange 127 3
- Wind turbines 124 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 509 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 177 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 400 7
- VAT claim 352 6
- How to reclaim input tax from mixed use redevelopment? 161 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 397 9
- State Pension 1,207 10
- Late Corporation tax return 355 7
- The iIns and outs of VAT 378 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,056
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 339
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 286
- National Insurance 241
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 222
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 221
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 205
- Payments on account coded out?? 200
- Non Resident 159
- Franchise income and costs 137