Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 203 3
- How a company director can keep paying £833 156 5
- Settlement discount 287 7
- Thin Client recomendation 263 4
- Recharge for private use of a company car 622 18
- Community awards 2014 - first category 238 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 355 18
- Payment plans for clients 303 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 496 14
- Employee steeling client data 172 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,391 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 199 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 140 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 96 1
- CT600 290 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 241 4
- signature required 928 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 235 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 359 4
- Form VAT 600 FRS 98 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,314
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 862
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 563
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 240
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 197
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 191
- Director's business mileage 160
- Sole trader CPD 150