Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 26 1
- Where has Portia gone? 1,922 66
- Spousal transfer and PPR 545 18
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 352 8
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 447 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 325 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 321 1
- Holiday entitlement 573 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 186 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 444 12
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 314 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 132 1
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 137 2
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 924 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 223 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 208 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 424 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 355 9
- Merging my businesses 184 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,754 73
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 789
- RTI - duplicate employee record 550
- Pensions Regulator 449
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 408
- Sanzar 312
- Portia ... Where art thou 301
- Digital marketing focus group 296
- How do you do it 291
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 268
- Report old income 241