Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Outsourcing Payroll 67 1
- sage 95 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 151 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,045 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 201 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 110 1
- FBI2 197 3
- Double entry 158 4
- Companies House 133 3
- Small house in garden 140 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 130 2
- Clients 917 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 285 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 142 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 270 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 310 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 128 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 517 11
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 169 3
- SAGE winforecast 251 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 537
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 467
- EPS and CIS deductions 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 310
- Construction CIS LLP Company 299
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 295
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 262
- Overdrawn director account 217
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 204
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 199