Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 648 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 59 1
- Auto enrolment 100 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 79 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 74 4
- Regular Director bonus 429 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 141 1
- Registration as self-employed 101 1
- BrightPay 1,086 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 515 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 330 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,086 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 961 13
- BIK for an electric car 158 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,624 90
- Corporation Tax Software 366 10
- How do I save face? 2,335 14
- Goodie bag 3,082 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 115 1
- How many associated companies 194 2
- Possible Partnership? 684
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 533
- Fuming! 510
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 332
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 273
- Moving away from CCH software 263
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 255
- Outsource Data Entry 253
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 206