Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Accountex flash mob 530 18
- The new married allowance 122 3
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 148 2
- Any good members voluntary liquidators 44 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 676 10
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 851 20
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,722 32
- VAT by Direct Debit 111 8
- Er... 332 2
- Cash extraction pre-sale 204 5
- VAT claim on exempt supply 310 11
- Group structure - transfer of shares 127 5
- Child benefit 351 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 147 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 317 10
- IR 35 227 5
- Share disposal - help please 112 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 348 11
- Final accounts - procedure 353 6
- NIC question 127 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 657
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 410
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 343
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 311
- Using the correct forms 303
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 297
- Sage Vat return box 2 207
- Digital marketing focus group 202