Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 33 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,257 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,232 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 972 29
- You know its over 367 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 504 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 241 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 192 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 177 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 280 3
- Cocaine anyone? 526 8
- Late Registration for VAT 496 13
- EIS/SEIS 155 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 282 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 432 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 432 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 731 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 565 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 601 4
- Personal pension 407 9
- Hive up 493
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 462
- corporate hierarchy 444
- Advice - 276
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 229
- WWOOFers 219
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 210
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 206
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 185
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 177