Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 76 4
- Share swap 237 6
- Auto enrolment 331 5
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 232 3
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 85 1
- Threshold for RTI submission 28 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 149 2
- Was I rude 520 16
- Top slicing relief question no 2 124 3
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 71 3
- Maternity Pay 118 2
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 563 14
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 619 10
- Recording VAT refund and payment on Sage 50 45 1
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,716 27
- Director's minimum wage? 221 4
- Advertising services? 302 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 312 4
- Invoice factoring 252 8
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 372 9
- Skandia using wrong address 1,471
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 800
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 435
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 409
- Sale of business 376
- NOVA 276
- IRIS Open Books problem 272
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 187
- Expenses claim for non employee 177