Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,205 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,332 21
- CIS and Close Company 124 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 301 1
- VAT Option to tax 475 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 179 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 201 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 133 2
- Director leaving in month 1 163 2
- Ex Gratia payments 95 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 293 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 179 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 199 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 194 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 180 4
- IHT - clawback of BPR 58 1
- EIS - connection through employment 98 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 253 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 68 1
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 234 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 915
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 643
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 402
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 345
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 191
- Pension Fixed Protection 163