Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- I know ... 1,206 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 677 18
- Tax on principal private residence 214 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 217 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 241 2
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 127 1
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 215 4
- Personal pension contributions 245 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 316 4
- RTI Filing 946 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 252 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 391 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 213 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 127 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 447 21
- Getting advice from HMRC 652 14
- Tax calc and NIC 214 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,834 29
- German wanting to pay UK tax 354 3
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 423 13
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 697
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 469
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 307
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 270
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 242
- growth voucher supplier 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 182
- VAT on Gaming Machines 168
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 156
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 154