Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- I do not love you 54 1
- Stamp Duty 324 5
- Love is in the air 679 8
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 732 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 845 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 376 5
- Paying Son 792 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 402 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 284 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,071 47
- Setting up a practice 617 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 604 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 546 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 469 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 247 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,860 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 442 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 608 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 601 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 450 4
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Foreign domicile status 299
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 298
- CGT for NOn UK residents 285
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 282
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 259
- Apprenticeship Levy 246
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 243
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 234
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 230