Did we file too early?
Did we file our payroll end of year info (P35 and P14s) too early?
Our last payroll run was around 18th March and we completed the year end on 21st March. This included online filing - and we got an acknowledgement from HMRC that all was successful.
Now received a reminder dated 29th April that we must file by19th May, or penalties will start.
(Of course, we can't speak to HMRC today - there are staff on strike. And the phones will be busy tomorrow from today's backlog).
What really annoys is the time wasted on things like this, which includes the difficulty in being able to communictae with HMRC.
- Anybody still doing returns? 471 21
- no utr 192 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,076 49
- Designated sole Residence 16 1
- Director drawings 563 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 237 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 38 1
- Capital Loss 63 3
- HMRC filing meltdown? 785 25
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 644 14
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 389 6
- LLP formed in 2013 61 1
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 83 2
- Clothing 469 11
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 209 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 151 7
- Practice management 429 8
- Interest on pre-letting? 122 4
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,679 44
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,700 22
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 944
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 659
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 615
- Latest phishing scam 593
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 429
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 320
- Scratch Head 256
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 245
- Sabbatical payments 210
- Negligible Value Claim 188