Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,009 14
- CGT on 'listed co return of capital via B share' 40 1
- Investment property? 597 5
- PAYE 91 2
- Quote for client 309 8
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 255 6
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 100 2
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 198 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 46 1
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 79 1
- Investment Unrealised Gains Accounting Treatment 73 1
- Annual Report - How to? 79 1
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 290 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 269 10
- error on companies house accounts 911 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 199 3
- ATT Exam tips and study help 130 2
- Client's company struck off 1,870 21
- Refurbised Pub 188 4
- Directors obligation to notify 400 6
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 517
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 453
- EPS and CIS deductions 320
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 304
- Construction CIS LLP Company 295
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 279
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 227
- SAGE winforecast 216
- Overdrawn director account 202
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 200