Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 384 13
- Builder using cash labour 281 3
- Notes to statutory accounts 19 1
- Easy way to not pay tax 685 18
- Holding companies 23 1
- Accomodation charge for Publican 102 2
- Client died family to pay redundancy 71 1
- VAT & Landlords 35 1
- VAT Registration 324 16
- Singaporean Tax Adviser 34 1
- Valuation of PET on death 202 6
- Auto enrolment 852 10
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 244 4
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 405 17
- Vat on second hand goods 166 2
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 126 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 629 17
- another ir35!!!! 840 3
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 164 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 1,975 39
- Skandia using wrong address 1,511
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 836
- International interest certificate 454
- NOVA 310
- Bonus Bonds 191
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 189
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 187
- Management expenses for investment company 183
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 172
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 164