Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Virus Alert - VERY realistic aimed at acountants 64 1
- Do I pay VAT back to employer for my training?? 101 5
- Company dividends 688 24
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,247 46
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 312 11
- White van man 903 27
- FYAs on second-hand vans 86 5
- VAT Margin Schemes 77 1
- Anybody received an Employer Payment Booklet for 2015-2016? 98 4
- Investment from Friend 276 11
- VAT registration transfer 60 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 197 7
- US-UK pension problem 145 3
- Limited Companies Merger 88 3
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 284 1
- Treatment of income for sole trader 323 3
- Serious help with shutting down company I started as a kid? 234 3
- Dividend amount for company where tax year doesnt go to 31st March 187 4
- UK LTD Company to start working in Norway 103 2
- How to value a business asset? 184 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 892
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 589
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 559
- Latest phishing scam 501
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 364
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 333
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 264
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 181
- Capital allowances in first basis period 169
- Sabbatical payments 163