Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Changing pay dates on Moneysoft 24 1
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,123 40
- Setting up a Charity Trust?? 111 4
- Seeking advice: Osetting Directors Loan at Startup 172 5
- Redundancy pay 259 7
- Software for Accounts layout 243 4
- Flat Rate VAT 114 4
- VAT Receipts 214 7
- Today's HMRC Business Help & Support SA302s 183 6
- Debt management unit HMRC 101 1
- How to report under-declaration on next VAT100? 95 1
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 167 4
- Company accounts for £350 891 26
- Mandatory Capitalisation 220 3
- Practice software 1,134 16
- A different accounts production software request 182 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,543 16
- Marriage Allowance Transfer 301 9
- new dividend allowance 348 5
- Identity Checks 323 8
- FRS 101 Software 319
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 299
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 291
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 268
- French ConnectionUK 233
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 206
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 201
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 198
- APN's 183
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 177