Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 140 4
- PRR 454 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 59 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 230 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 294 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 206 2
- cross border vat 115 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,907 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 777 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 283 12
- Can't read my handwriting 634 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,653 74
- Employing a carer 132 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 534 16
- Corp Tax Refund 175 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 403 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 282 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 95 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 236 1
- Audit partner? 280 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,373
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 519
- National Insurance 414
- Non Resident 321
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 227
- Employer's Helpline 188
- CIS paid under reg 9 186
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 149