Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 167 3
- Where has Portia gone? 2,054 67
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 133 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 194 5
- recompense capital input 60 1
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 950 22
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 561 14
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 132 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 372 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 227 5
- Merging my businesses 207 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 570 19
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 462 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 347 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 329 1
- Holiday entitlement 583 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 325 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 156 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 238 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 213 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 558
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Portia ... Where art thou 316
- Sanzar 313
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 295
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 179