Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,215 41
- Recharge for private use of a company car 99 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 339 7
- Wear and tear allowance 435 10
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 112 3
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 183 6
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 224 14
- Residency test 191 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 190 3
- VAT Turnover 96 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 121 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 119 4
- Company purchase of shares 278 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 118 2
- VAT QUESTION 156 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,125 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,257 15
- Why should I retain membership? 2,288 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 496 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 690 10
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 688
- Auto enrolment excuses 635
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 363
- Social investment tax relief 178
- Call Centre Data Costs 175
- Digita Hosted Software 172
- option to tax 157
- VAT on deposits 141
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 135
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 131