Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 504 9
- Incapable of reading 203 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 182 3
- How much to charge 280 4
- How to pay national insurance 230 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 235 4
- Government Gateway 1,008 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,585 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 216 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 106 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 127 2
- P11D Rejection 389 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 556 14
- Selling a practice 380 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,296 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 174 1
- Dormant payroll 853 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 198 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,376 21
- Theatre Tax Relief 447
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 349
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 343
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 315
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 219
- WIP Software 209