Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,032 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 242 2
- Dental practice incorpration 107 1
- Audit rules 151 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 223 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 813 20
- Go Cardless 260 8
- business entertaining deductibility 120 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 134 2
- R & D 101 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 75 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 107 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 152 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 149 1
- New Business Registration 212 5
- Hosted email exchange 133 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 148 1
- G P life time allowance 115 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 374 11
- Bringing money to Uk 218 3
- Xtuple 501
- Qtac payroll for bureau 335
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 280
- Industrial & Provident Societies 276
- Mehjoo 220
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 170
- Domain name sale and limited company 159
- South African Government Pension 154
- CIS schemes 149