Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 377 11
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,512 36
- company loss, Can he start again?? 76 4
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 70 3
- Personal consumption by landlord 214 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 84 3
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 98 5
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 59 2
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 234 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 219 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 416 8
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 60 4
- Charity reserves 345 6
- Property scam victim 230 3
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 119 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 712 16
- Software to use 114 3
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 63 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 163 6
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 107 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,066
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 567
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 378
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 284
- Charge out rates in London? 230
- Interest on Loan to a Company 182
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 166
- Agent fees to sell business 152
- Alphabet shares 146
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 143