Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 48 4
- Audit 156 3
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 539 17
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 708 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 911 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,099 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 112 1
- carry back of gift aid 174 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 296 8
- Awkward IP 1,232 12
- What's in a name ? 997 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 875 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 215 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 558 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 238 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 402 6
- Potentially dodgy client 441 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 564 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 467 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 405 9
- CTA study material 786
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 431
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 270
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 265
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 202
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154