Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 704 5
- See you all on the other side 732 6
- 12Pay 500 2
- dividends 699 2
- R&D 353 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,209 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 467 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 455 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 404 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 566 5
- Seeking a tax case 672 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 535 4
- Companies house strike off 624 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 467 2
- Moving to the cloud 770 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 931 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 229 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,110 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 520 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 571
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 361
- Capitalising Finance Lease 339
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 335
- Marginal rates of tax 326
- USA help 326
- Class 2 NI 315
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302