Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,069 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 466 18
- I.d for vat registration 254 10
- Directors loan accounts 344 8
- Bookkeping software 887 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 278 6
- Taxfiler V's BTC 877 33
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 275 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 243 4
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 226 6
- Auto Enrolment set up 337 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,813 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 108 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 141 6
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 177 3
- Employed clients and expenses 780 13
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 123 2
- Quickbooks 2015 186 1
- Sage reporting 130 4
- Professional Clearance 1,529 23
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,017
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 531
- NOVA 483
- Bonus Bonds 370
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 352
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 268
- Payment for Promotional Samples 239
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 235
- Friendly Pensions 167
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 154