Digital signatures backup to own server - what do you do?
I currently email clients asking them to approve returns etc and they email back with confirmation that they approve the return. In an effort to cover my own behind, I investigated client portal / digital signature solutions but am still unsure. I am trialling a product at the moment and am wondering how do I prove that someone signed something if this IT company goes bust or if I decide to leave the supplier. I am not worried about losing the actual document data as I already have this saved on the cloud and backed up separately.
There is no downloadable document stating that the return has been signed so one solution would be to "print screen" the page that states that the return has been signed and keep this on my server, but this doesn't seem to be any better than getting an email confirmation.
I suppose it's a similar situation to cloud accounting software. No one wants to thing about the worse case scenario.
What do other people do?
- Do I need a smartphone? 2,066 75
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,454 26
- Council setting up 'sham' LLP as trading arm? 126 2
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 477 5
- subsistence: help with BIM47705 interpretation 51 1
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 233 6
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,966 47
- inflation rate year on year 199 4
- Accounts Question 190 5
- Deleted question? 785 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,241 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 750 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 675 3
- VAT Return Errors 222 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 194 5
- Yorkshire Day 631 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 208 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 391 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 163 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 302 7
- Cancelled 474
- Cancelled 389
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 360
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 265
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 240
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 187
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 163
- Employee Benefit Trust 155