Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 224 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 281 5
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,269 13
- Errors in prior year accounts 814 21
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 302 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 218 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 123 2
- VAT & capitalising 101 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,964 36
- Invoice Help 241 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 166 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 238 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 230 3
- Sorry ignore me 905 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 584 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 366 5
- Free Shares ? 246 2
- Is this a scam? 574 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 300 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 284 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 532
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 192
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 189
- Probiz 175
- What's the market like for temps? 165
- Married woman dies owning marital home 165