Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Property Revaluation - Postings 96 2
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 392 10
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,750 58
- Incorporation and goodwill 237 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 241 11
- It gets worse ! 135 1
- R&D claim 62 3
- indexation factors 88 3
- Fee protection 1,102 25
- Drector renting room to company 216 4
- Received a CIS invoice 276 9
- DLA interest query. 2,948 66
- VAT invoice 226 9
- claim fees with out without VAT? 155 3
- How to print invoice payment history Sage 50 Pro 55 2
- Accounting for software development costs 242 3
- Payroll Software Recommendations 241 7
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 424 5
- Anyone done ATT? 254 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 85 1
- Xtuple 577
- Qtac payroll for bureau 404
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 351
- Domain name sale and limited company 252
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 240
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 223
- Tax on damages received 203
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 199
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 163