Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 122 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 578 7
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 815 17
- Rental Income Tax Planning 186 3
- Vat 54 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,790 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 100 2
- Partially exempt? 195 6
- Incorporation Relief 104 2
- First VAT Visit for client 108 2
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 233 11
- capital gains on PPR 1,429 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 305 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 231 14
- What type of Trust? 144 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 135 5
- OBK 603 19
- Instant CPD offer 155 2
- Dividend in specie 154 2
- Investor exit 111 2
- Skandia using wrong address 469
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 270
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 265
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 209
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 193
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155