Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Writing Website Content 547 21
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 51 3
- AIA 314 5
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 266 8
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 176 9
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 154 3
- Charity Account-independent examiner 91 1
- Capital Goods Scheme 203 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 310 7
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,697 14
- The Pensions Regulator 345 9
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 104 1
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,572 14
- Badges of trade 293 5
- Rollover Relief - Commercial to Residential 201 6
- Intercompany - Sage 50 Accounts 57 1
- HMRC Post 925 12
- Form 17 Download 294 2
- Schedule A losses 427 12
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,976 26
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 445
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 413
- Electric Car 351
- S222 Charge 277
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 258
- IP trans to holding company 217
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 215
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 193
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 184
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 160