Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 93 1
- RTI offline? 593 2
- Mortgage Reference 877 14
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 115 1
- CIS and Xero 271 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 224 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 150 2
- property capital gains 402 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 129 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 289 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 894 9
- Tips on meals 563 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,347 15
- S.455 Tax again 452 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 203 3
- Closing down loss-making company 805 15
- Stumped - IHT 624 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 177 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 504 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 428 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 982
- Members in Public Practice 595
- Oplex Careers CPD 364
- Payroll manager and the cloud 294
- Is the APN valid 240
- Treatment of EIS relate back? 238
- Institute of Customer Services 238
- Kashflow payroll 228
- Class 4 NI due on 2 self employments 226
- Continuity of Practice 206