Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- HMRC Scam 178 2
- Departments in Sage 50 64 1
- Where has Portia gone? 601 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 168 2
- Rogue Accountant 2,783 45
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 314 4
- Capital Gains? 247 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 89 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 65 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 434 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 115 2
- AIA - new period 215 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,499 69
- Self assessment question 1,148 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 365 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 258 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 844 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 435 8
- Ex Wives Club 534 13
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 126 10
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 769
- RTI - duplicate employee record 500
- Pensions Regulator 437
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 392
- Sanzar 295
- Sage Vat return box 2 295
- Digital marketing focus group 267
- How do you do it 261
- Report old income 224
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 222