Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 168 3
- FPS or EPS 30 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 750 31
- Personal allowance 654 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 150 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,907 16
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 110 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 423 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,108 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 292 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 380 10
- VAT on employee loan 300 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 957 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 160 2
- Accountants website 395 5
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 175 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 490 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 109 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 124 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,418 20
- Moving away from CCH software 941
- QROP pension input amounts 434
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 376
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 349
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 315
- fraud 274
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 244
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 216
- Construction CIS LLP Company 202
- EPS and CIS deductions 189