Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 54 1
- Goodie bag 994 33
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,329 87
- Sponsorship/ Advertising 96 1
- Output tax for retailer 279 7
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 332 7
- Budget 2015 predictions 393 8
- Back-dated VAT 128 2
- VAT registration 159 4
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 210 7
- Company reorganisation 239 3
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 429 8
- Loss carryback 199 6
- Sole trader and VAT 94 1
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 135 1
- Film Actors - Averaging? 161 5
- Physiotherapy And Vat 271 8
- How do I save face? 769 12
- Leaving the Flat Rate Scheme 220 3
- Secure document exchange 453 4
- Possible Partnership? 625
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 510
- New Fangled Penalties 430
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 311
- Fuming! 309
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 246
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 226
- Outsource Data Entry 223
- Moving away from CCH software 212
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 163