Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 142 3
- Legal title not in the company name 136 8
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,499 59
- Deduction from Salary 180 5
- transitioning payroll 132 3
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,731 30
- Car financed by employee 182 2
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 105 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 618 16
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 154 3
- Dividend payment date 2,188 37
- VAT online filing exemptions 146 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 170 2
- One off meeting new client 1,421 13
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 304 6
- Child tax credits 226 4
- Car leasing scheme 226 1
- 12 Pay Problems 188 2
- PITA client 568 8
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 473 11
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 359
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 302
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 276
- Probiz 266
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 220
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 197
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 168