Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 757 5
- See you all on the other side 770 6
- 12Pay 545 2
- dividends 757 2
- R&D 367 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,232 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 481 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 483 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 438 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 583 5
- Seeking a tax case 693 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 556 4
- Companies house strike off 668 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 495 2
- Moving to the cloud 789 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 230 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 952 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 235 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,124 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 542 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 579
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 433
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 381
- IRIS and FRS 102 369
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 356
- Marginal rates of tax 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 348
- Class 2 NI 337
- USA help 329
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 314