Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,752 25
- Value pricing 217 8
- Audit Required 89 2
- company secretarial software 138 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 134 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 61 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 186 1
- Rental Income 298 6
- Payroll 2012/13 101 1
- I have a pain 691 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 78 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 170 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 731 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 120 3
- Cash flow 146 2
- New use of home - simplified method 241 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 266 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 392 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,953 32
- Share restructure 335 12
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 730
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 499
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 343
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 341
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 262
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 198
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 183
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 175
- Director Loan account operation 146