Dilution of Entrepreneur's Relief
Client owns shares in a limited company - 100% shareholder, also director.
5 years ago company built a property and received rental income.
1.5 years ago this property was sold and made a substantial gain (tax has been paid).
Company then used the net proceeds to fund a building project (with no intention to rent) which has been sold to a third party. Company is now building a third proeprty which is to be sold to a third party.
Up to the point when the first property was sold the company was an investement company, and then became a trading company when the building activities started.
If my client formally liquidates the company after selling the third property (and paying all the CT due on the trading activities), will he be entitled to full ER on the gain at liquidation? Or will there be a time apportionment between the period of being an investment company and being a trading company?
My reading of the legislation suggest that he will be entitled to ER in full but someone has suggested that I should check time apportionment.
- Joint filing delays 110 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 214 9
- Vat threshold issues 181 4
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 311 2
- private to company car? 222 5
- Buy to let allowable interest 175 3
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 113 2
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 87 1
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 286 5
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 143 4
- Partner with an IVA 193 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 338 6
- R&D tax claim 130 1
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 613 13
- Growing pains 385 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 242 14
- Consequential loss claim 140 3
- ATT Annual Return Problems 131 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 117 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 350 5
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 458
- CTA study material 420
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 304
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 290
- Pre incorp expenses 284
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 248
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 212
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 188
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 179