Direct Marketing - best way to go about it?
I'm hoping to start acquiring some new clients under my limited company accountancy practice. Due to issues with ACCA being lame with practising certificate requirements (having moved to a job regulated by HMRC instead of ACCA they seem to want to do everything possible to deny me what I deserve after 3 years of hard work) I'm pretty much solely doing Quickbooks Pro Advisor work, book-keeping and VAT returns and maybe some tax advice. Other requirements can be outsourced easily.
Marketing is not my strong suit though, and I need a cheap way to get my name out there. I have a basic website but it's not going to really get seen by anyone just randomly searching unless they find me on LinkedIn. I can make business cards easily, but my main issue is finding a way to do direct marketing. I know you can obtain listings from Companies House and use direct mailing services like Thomson Local etc, but they seem very expensive and I've no guarantee whether I'll earn any money back.
Does anyone have any tips or tried and tested methods?
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 627 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 82 3
- Company Share Buy Back 100 2
- Charitable Payment 203 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 919 15
- Unpaid share capital 243 3
- Company car in the LLP 167 2
- Physiotherapy 336 4
- Time to react ? ? ? 227 1
- New build property to be rented 155 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,873 52
- Hello 355 2
- Sage 200 question 104 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 98 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 161 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 165 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 211 4
- Private company division 312 5
- Outstanding Loans 217 3
- Networking 877 7