Director allowed to invoice company for his services?
I have a question which I require answer on behalf of my client.
A person who is director of the company and had withdrow cash from company's bank account for personal use over the period of 2 years.
He said that these payments are in return of services he provide's to company.
His total cash outlay come to £22,000 in last 2 accounting years of the company (2011 and 2012).
Company has made trading loss during the year and accounts are yet to submit to company house.
He is sole director of the company but there is a management committee who control the business affairs. Management committee allowed him to take payments in this form.
He is submitting invoices to company's account regularly.
He provide services to other companies and get paid from them as well.
My question is, what will be treatment of these payments?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 538 5
- See you all on the other side 649 6
- 12Pay 375 2
- dividends 523 2
- R&D 287 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,140 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 423 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 366 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 335 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 523 5
- Seeking a tax case 601 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 462 4
- Companies house strike off 472 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 377 2
- Moving to the cloud 717 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 868 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,077 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 469 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 547
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 414
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 365
- IRIS and FRS 102 347
- Capitalising Finance Lease 313
- USA help 309
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 289
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 256
- Class 2 NI 231