Director allowed to invoice company for his services?
I have a question which I require answer on behalf of my client.
A person who is director of the company and had withdrow cash from company's bank account for personal use over the period of 2 years.
He said that these payments are in return of services he provide's to company.
His total cash outlay come to £22,000 in last 2 accounting years of the company (2011 and 2012).
Company has made trading loss during the year and accounts are yet to submit to company house.
He is sole director of the company but there is a management committee who control the business affairs. Management committee allowed him to take payments in this form.
He is submitting invoices to company's account regularly.
He provide services to other companies and get paid from them as well.
My question is, what will be treatment of these payments?
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,636 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 235 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 320 8
- Reimbursing director travel costs 366 5
- Client Paperwork Retention? 482 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 116 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 513 1
- Paying Son 613 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 336 7
- HMRC accounting 240 3
- Employers NI allowance 438 6
- Dividend taxation 245 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 153 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 177 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 145 3
- Love is in the air 156 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 436 4
- iris update 11.9.2 445 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 271 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 680 8
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 273
- CGT for NOn UK residents 268
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 255
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 242
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 207
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 185