Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014
I have a company who has a May 2014 year end. It is the first accounting period for the company and they have just come to me this week(after the company's year end).
The director would like to show a salary for 2013/2014. Currently Software shows losses of £20,000 in accounts, so dividends cannot be paid. Co has 3 3employess on payroll. Client has put money in company himself, so company owes him around £15,000.
Have discovered that P35 for 2013/2014 has not been submitted yet!!! Now based on this info, I was wondering what his options are if he wanted the accounts to show a salary. Can the accounts for the first year of the company show directors fees accrued of approx. £9,000 (so no NI or tax) (so not actually paid). However with RTI, as P35 has not been submitted for 2013/2014, the only amendment required would be to file a revised RTI for April 2014 showing a month 12 directors accrued pay of approx. £9000. Is this amendment going to be problematic with HMRC, be flagged up in any way? As long as salary is paid 9 months after the year end, it should be a tax allowable expense.
If it was shown as a bonus, would there be the same problem with RTI as accruing director remuneration? Or is there a simpler way of accounting for salary opportunity for previous tax year forgone?
- Xerocon 2016 1,011 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 220 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 231 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 587 12
- Personal Tax 486 11
- USA Tax Query 159 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 280 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 598 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 348 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 406 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 170 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 323 4
- last minute request 510 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46