Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 289 5
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 145 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 70 2
- EIS 173 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 62 2
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 70 1
- Your comments please 234 5
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 90 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 177 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 84 1
- CGT history of shares 137 2
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 691 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 189 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 116 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 207 2
- Closing my business down 376 20
- Recording Calls 117 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 96 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,307 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,507 21
- Moving away from CCH software 960
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 390
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 370
- fraud 294
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 267
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 235
- Construction CIS LLP Company 222
- EPS and CIS deductions 215
- Out of time or not? 199