Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 723 30
- Partnership UTRs 44 4
- Transfer of shares 452 17
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 79 2
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 57 2
- Rights of Alphabet shares 214 7
- Home as office costs - new rules wef April 2013 86 1
- Where to advertise for staff 94 3
- Purchase of ltd company 133 4
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 142 2
- HMRC Tax debt 117 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 348 8
- Business Bank account 149 4
- Telephone call from "Xero" 201 3
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 170 3
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 387 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 207 4
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 119 2
- P9D or P11D 900 8
- P35 and Service Company questions 247 6
- Xtuple 557
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 325
- Industrial & Provident Societies 316
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 312
- CIS schemes 230
- Domain name sale and limited company 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 194
- Investment 192
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 188