Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Reversing out RTI 105 5
- IHT Query 51 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 293 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 841 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 294 8
- Capital Gain? 399 10
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 269 6
- BrightPay 610 18
- Classic cars investment 238 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 210 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 320 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 329 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 269 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 263 2
- H&W company 221 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 192 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 169 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 167 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 807 32
- VAT silly question 2,413 56
- Benchmarking 492
- Possible Partnership? 435
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 412
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 410
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 355
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 210
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 209
- Clubs and Taxable Income 199
- Income tax on foreign dividends 192
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 186