Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,852 53
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 349 6
- What's the best software for this? 414 4
- Email encryption 1,401 15
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,199 22
- Next Move 739 21
- Zoho Books 168 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 252 3
- Self-assessment statistics 2,496 59
- Transmission of ISA 144 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 222 2
- Not renewing AAT 694 9
- CGT of shares gifted 389 6
- New dividend taxation 539 3
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 190 1
- Company car v company allowance 316 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 444 9
- Company formation and bank account 469 9
- Owning overseas property 374 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 295 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 673
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 412
- Property letting & CAs 406
- 2015 tax year end 401
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 399
- FCA regulated company in a small group 349
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 244
- Costly Accounting Software contract 232
- DTA tie-breaker issue 221