Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Goodwill complications 66 2
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,742 18
- Personal pension 178 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 79 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 265 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 213 6
- Late Registration for VAT 93 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 980 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 949 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,132 12
- property development 257 8
- Registering a company late 163 5
- Business rates consultancy 100 2
- sale of house 627 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,504 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,811 15
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 359 6
- Are HMRC staff on early 375 5
- Backdated VAT registration claim 133 2
- TheTax Donut 992
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 655
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 611
- Follower cases 474
- Limited company purchase of property 398
- Hive up 394
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 301
- AIA or IFA 200