Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,053 31
- incorrect old p60 319 7
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 217 3
- Missing tax return 327 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 323 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 132 2
- Inflation and fees 1,371 24
- Sage Priority Support 170 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 186 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 825 24
- Micro-entity accounts 213 1
- Related party disclosure 203 3
- Company reconstruction 135 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 230 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 147 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 169 1
- Advice please! 414 2
- VAT on new builds 184 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 146 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 384 6