Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 551 5
- See you all on the other side 652 6
- 12Pay 388 2
- dividends 536 2
- R&D 294 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,147 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 428 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 375 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 343 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 526 5
- Seeking a tax case 611 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 471 4
- Companies house strike off 486 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 389 2
- Moving to the cloud 722 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 872 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,078 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 473 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 550
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 416
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 365
- IRIS and FRS 102 349
- Capitalising Finance Lease 314
- USA help 311
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 290
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 256
- Marginal rates of tax 246