Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Any printer recommendations? 220 7
- What does PITA mean? 857 21
- PAYE & NIC 296 22
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 264 5
- Interim dividends 224 6
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,117 7
- proposed dividends 705 23
- Business loan not in client's name 128 1
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 175 2
- VAT on Exhibition services 159 4
- Company Payroll 206 2
- Dates, more dates and cessation 131 2
- Out of date tax returns 291 2
- Filling in my self assessment 999 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 191 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 382 7
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 486 6
- FPS responses ... 551 16
- Nominal Codes 300 9
- Charging VAT to a Swedish Company 233 7
- Sanzar 502
- Digital marketing focus group 401
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 382
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 338
- Sainsbury's mangement 337
- Continuity Agreement 331
- Avanti Accounts 330
- Buyback 289
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 237
- Aggresive sales from Iris 208