Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- practice planning 37 1
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,088 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 164 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 149 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,635 10
- Which address 1,060 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 588 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 101 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,499 17
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,213 44
- R&D tax claim 257 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 538 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 197 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 141 2
- Gift to employee 381 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 183 1
- Transfer of a business 130 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,152 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 420 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 123 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 484
- CTA study material 459
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 337
- Pre incorp expenses 319
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 260
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 212
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 165
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 139
- Employment related securities question 126