Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Did Mandela Do Enough For the Black South Africans? 68 1
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,274 16
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,323 57
- Have i messed up? 212 6
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 455 26
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 228 1
- End of the party for dividends? 1,142 18
- How to format a stock book 350 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,352 31
- Disposal of property 86 2
- Tax liability of sole trader changing to partnership 121 1
- Website - Any guess on their business ... 186 2
- trading or dormant 193 4
- do I have to pay NI? 132 2
- Matching of tax return to P60 244 5
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 203 7
- Tax Return Deadlines 319 5
- what time is it ? 506 5
- VAT chargeable or not? 155 3
- find-accountants.com 303 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 952
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 344
- Tax efficient holding company structure 271
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 258
- Investment property company accounts template 237
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 205
- Charge out rates in London? 174
- Personal consumption by landlord 156
- Interest on Loan to a Company 154