Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Unhappy client over fees 585 14
- Staff commissions 14 1
- What VAT rate 33 1
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 73 4
- ACCA student with study package 44 1
- Company Van - Classic vehicle 213 4
- IHT nil band transfer 338 8
- Share capital netted off against lossess 269 6
- Student Loan Repayments 107 1
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 562 12
- how do I find out if a building has VAT Option to Tax in place? 310 7
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 943 11
- Two sole traders working at same shop 272 2
- IR35 mechanics 123 1
- CGT - contract conditional? 204 3
- Eligibility to FRS VAT 138 1
- Foreign Dividends: UK tax credit 193 3
- NI PAYE working out from net amount 438 18
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 322 5
- Auto Enrolment Through Nest 443 5
- NHS finance professionals 770
- Foreign Pension Contribution 455
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 449
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 389
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 353
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 339
- Incorporating doctors 323
- IFA income recognition & reporting 273
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 249
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 235