Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Capitalisation of loan 49 4
- Independent Review of a Company Limited by Guarantee 54 1
- Just for fun. 424 20
- HMRC & daft penalty 217 2
- Edible spam? 313 11
- Are solicitors worth the money? 979 12
- Intercompany loans 194 5
- New Website Look 275 9
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 134 6
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,283 16
- Xero - Should I partner with them 101 1
- Overlap relief 528 14
- Suspicious debt recovery offer? 289 2
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,165 14
- VAT - TOGC 50 1
- Reduced payments on account 111 2
- Payment on account and EIS relief 67 1
- Amending a CT return 86 2
- Directors Share Purchase 282 12
- Incapable of reading 608 14
- Theatre Tax Relief 456
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 355
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 351
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 325
- Perkbox 292
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 268
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 250
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 249
- Document Management Systems 224
- WIP Software 214