Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Bankstream 1,031 24
- MVL 25 1
- FACTA form help with CRS definitions for SSAS 160 2
- SDLT 216 7
- Xerocon 2016 575 11
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 354 8
- charity selling (donated) recycled materials & for scrap- VAT? 94 1
- Disengagement Help! 491 14
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 227 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,556 33
- Earings from Gardening after retirement 48 1
- Software that posts COGS? 610 14
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 270 6
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 535 20
- Maternity and claining expenses 152 4
- sale/transfer of shares in a private limited company to a related holding company 127 4
- Employment allowance changes 339 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 764 34
- Here we go.... 1,021 26
- An IT question 206 5