Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Client 117 5
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 59 3
- Use of home query 249 4
- CIS software 154 4
- A trust shall not want for a trustee 148 4
- Homing sandwiches 603 14
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 66 1
- format cell to exclude decimals 140 10
- Settlement discount 230 6
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 184 3
- Entrepreeur's relief 70 1
- IT advisory questions? 322 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,605 21
- experian and credit agencies 85 1
- Limited company to community interest company 78 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 545 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 221 5
- Error in audited accounts 280 3
- Pratice Management Software 235 3
- signature required 620 22
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,268
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 841
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 532
- Digita Hosted Software 348
- Credit where credit's due....... 324
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 249
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 206
- TheTax Donut 194
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 167