Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 18 1
- VAT - How hard is it? 131 7
- Xero Pain Points 21 1
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 174 5
- The importance of Grammar 688 20
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 723 16
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 340 12
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,495 53
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 77 1
- Is this dodgy? 723 17
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 130 5
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,258 15
- Capital Allowances on new property 102 5
- Trustees waiving dividend 70 1
- Directors loan balance write off in period 432 21
- Education - Pre made assembly! 197 2
- Childcare 220 3
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 182 4
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 150 2
- Sole Trader 307 6
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 354
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 289
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 273
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 273
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 262
- Electric Car 218
- S222 Charge 197
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 190
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 187
- Company Structure 168