Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,327 51
- Opening Balances 247 5
- Employment Allowance 383 7
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 354 12
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 450 9
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 208 5
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 329 9
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 272 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 154 3
- Company struck off 155 4
- West Bromich Albion 340 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,897 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 412 10
- 27,000 Really? 1,238 38
- Legal title not in the company name 822 23
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 624 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 188 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 122 1
- This is getting boring 660 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 292 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 646
- Cancelled 401
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 314
- How not to compose an email 308
- Probiz 307
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 287
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 202