Director / PAYE Scheme
I have a client that did not have a PAYE scheme set up until April 12. He is now saying that he would like to go back to the previous year 11/12, and for a portion of monies taken to be categorised as payroll?!
I have told him that he did not have a payroll scheme and therefore did not pay himself through payroll. He has read on the internet that he does not need to register if he pays himself under the lower earnings limit.
Firstly, I am not happy to retrospectively go back and change records. Secondly, he was advised at the time to set up a payroll scheme, but did not wish to do this.
I do not see how he can go back and say £x amount was payroll when there will be no payroll year end reports to support this. This surely is for someone that only earns beneath the lower earnings limit. Not a company director who takes dividends from their limited company.
I am sorry if this seems like a silly question and appreciate any answers.
- P11d & Medical Ins 175 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 155 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 78 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 188 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 249 8
- Director's tax return 324 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 91 1
- Sage Payroll 312 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 205 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,063 33
- vat return 259 3
- Flat rate vat 144 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 161 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 235 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 158 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 206 6
- Weely paid employees 257 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 556
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 424
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 301
- Free Tax Legislation? 271
- Director Loan account operation 253
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 251
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 244
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 161