There are 4 directors who are also shareholders of a limited company. However none of them want to pay themselves as employees through PAYE but instead as self employed contractors. My understanding is that the directors have to be employees of the company and thus have to be paid via PAYE and the contracting option does not exist.
Can someone please confirm this for me or advise accordingly.
Many thanks guys...
- RTI Fees 298
- Where's our 10%? 273
- Driving sales growth 215
- CIS late registration 212
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 205
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 193
- Break up basis accounting 190
- Accounts production software for business SSC 189
- Best structure 187
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 179
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 154
- Is commission on sales always vatable? 138
- Integrate accounts software with infusionsoft 137
- SEIS and DeMinimus Aid 135
- Employers NIC holiday paper application form 115
- Child benefit 113
- Note in the accounts 110
- National Insurance when leaving UK 109
- Trusts - loan to beneficiary 108
- Employee Loan 106