Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Partially exempt? 69 2
- OBK 224 6
- Mileage claim 97 1
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 219 9
- Property expense - legal fees 121 3
- Research expenses for authors 260 6
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 308 7
- Auto-Enrolment 3,511 169
- Proof of Delivery 141 2
- Investor exit 71 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 121 3
- Place of Supply or these two contracts walk into a German Bar 238 4
- Accounting for a VAT Group 115 3
- Xero (another cloud system) and your year end accounts file 118 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,694 25
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 391 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,747 588
- Rental Income Tax Planning 114 2
- What type of Trust? 95 1
- Dormant Company 134 2
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 507
- Skandia using wrong address 457
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 266
- Employee rewards 245
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 245
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 212
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 203
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 196
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 186
- Etax Australian 156