Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 139 4
- PRR 452 15
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 58 1
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 230 14
- Working from home - time apportionment 293 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 206 2
- cross border vat 115 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,906 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 777 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 283 12
- Can't read my handwriting 634 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,652 74
- Employing a carer 132 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 533 16
- Corp Tax Refund 175 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 403 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 281 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 95 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 236 1
- Audit partner? 280 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,372
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 518
- National Insurance 414
- Non Resident 320
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 226
- Employer's Helpline 187
- CIS paid under reg 9 185
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 148