Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Market Value/Connected Persons 197 8
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 75 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 144 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 124 2
- Personal allowance 420 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 459 12
- Scams are not always obvious 694 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 127 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 133 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 96 3
- Related party disclosures 174 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 182 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 87 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 617 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 243 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 255 8
- Is this legal? 626 9
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,997 23
- Cells from many sheets 127 2
- Taxation of rental income 220 4
- New Fangled Penalties 1,043
- Moving away from CCH software 905
- Recruitment agencies 529
- QROP pension input amounts 411
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 363
- Deemed Employment Payment 346
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 308
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 300
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 221
- fraud 218