Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 99 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 25 1
- Registering a company late 301 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,053 27
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 180 1
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 111 6
- Deferred Tax 249 5
- Late Registration for VAT 209 6
- Personal pension 252 4
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,271 17
- How much of your work is admin? 372 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 193 3
- physiotherapy clinic 604 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 210 2
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 325 8
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,825 23
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 295 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,985 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 123 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 124 1
- TheTax Donut 1,015
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 624
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 418
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 331
- AIA or IFA 216