Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Tax position re this lease? 103 2
- VAT on Training Courses 116 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 123 2
- Self employed travel expenses 122 3
- which software 367 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 19 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 372 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 360 18
- Audit exempt subsidiary 61 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 136 1
- Best apps for clients 257 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 577 8
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,795 16
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 269 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 126 2
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 222 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 433 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 188 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 464 13
- Real names 1,033 32
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 576
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 447
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 350
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 309
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 260
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 254
- Cancelled 196
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163