Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- What sectors to target? 117 5
- Director drawings 238 17
- Childcare voucher schemes 38 3
- Charitable Company's Accounts 70 2
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 28 1
- client can't/won't pay 1,851 40
- Interest Relief 155 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 482 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 34 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,567 54
- Rental losses 117 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,566 14
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 289 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 144 3
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 220 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 177 8
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 538 19
- Child Benefit Higher Income Tax Charge 128 3
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 98 2
- Balancing allowance/charge calculation on cessation of self-employment 63 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 569
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 371
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 178
- Sabbatical payments 169