Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 31 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 640 32
- Jointly owned property 48 1
- Unpaid Fee's 592 10
- cold file reviewer needed 305 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 918 17
- Professional Qualification 263 2
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 308 1
- Late Filing SA due to property income, individual was also a non dom for 15 years 181 11
- VAT margin scheme 147 11
- Auto-enrolment drivel 773 13
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 195 3
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 336 5
- Company Dividends Received 142 2
- Is Corp tax payable on legacy received by bowls Club? 150 1
- Client information from previous accountant 471 8
- Question regarding A1 Form 177 1
- Maternity allowance 86 1
- Freehold Property Depreciation 72 1
- Tax and NI on payment to overseas employee 217 4
- Possible Partnership? 530
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 519
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 472
- New Fangled Penalties 327
- Clubs and Taxable Income 272
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 263
- Loans to other companies 207
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 187
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 175
- Outsource Data Entry 158