Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 350 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 184 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 55 1
- Group Relief 109 4
- R&D Credits 86 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 216 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 71 2
- Clients 653 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 212 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 106 3
- Starting new accounting business 250 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 448 10
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 62 1
- Sage Payroll 85 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 101 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 422 8
- Tolley UK sales number 206 7
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 114 2
- Are agent account managers any good? 155 2
- Non Resident Landlord Scheme - Penalties 90 3
- QROP pension input amounts 491
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 475
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 437
- EPS and CIS deductions 292
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 284
- Construction CIS LLP Company 275
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 237
- SAGE winforecast 197
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 186
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 181