Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Company Secretarial Software 1,355 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 628 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 219 7
- Real names 1,056 33
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 28 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 107 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 249 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,554 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,916 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,907 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 60 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 112 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 158 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 455 22
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 89 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 82 1
- Tax position re this lease? 154 2
- VAT on Training Courses 137 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 135 2
- Self employed travel expenses 164 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 271
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 265
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 256
- Cancelled 197
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 166