Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 169 5
- Not a good start no broadband 438 10
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,176 22
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 100 2
- is this fraud? 685 12
- Married woman dies owning marital home 428 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 693 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 186 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 54 1
- Intrastat triangulation 53 1
- CGT 142 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 183 4
- Question regarding gym training 363 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 153 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,209 30
- CIS Deductions 231 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,388 27
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 422 8
- Property initial recognition 163 2
- P11D Dispensation 248 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 581
- Cancelled 341
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 327
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 250
- Probiz 231
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 173
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 172
- Car leasing scheme 165
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150