Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- Homing sandwiches 421 11
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 50 2
- CT600 93 3
- CIS software 32 1
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 146 7
- Settlement discount 105 4
- signature required 482 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 504 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 171 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 160 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 110 2
- Pratice Management Software 95 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 200 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 123 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 184 2
- Related Party Transactions 115 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 101 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 465 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 758 13
- More AE! 766 17
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,239
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 520
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 311
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 235
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 191
- TheTax Donut 178
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 158
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 157