Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- transactions after account have been closed 152 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 135 5
- The stupidity continues 580 22
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 520 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 200 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 111 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,339 25
- New Employers Helpline 198 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 211 3
- Software recommendations 267 1
- Share transfer question 375 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 320 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 179 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,450 19
- Overlap relief 758 19
- What is IRIS World like? 364 8
- Pension contributions 380 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 507 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 200 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 279 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 438
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 434
- WIP Software 298
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 290
- No payroll scheme in place 234
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 206
- Is there anything wrong with this? 200
- Small Part Disposal of Property 188
- Uncommercial property business 179