Directors loan account in credit and P&L
I’m looking at annual accounts for a small company where the directors loan account is in credit (company owes directors).
1) As the accounts currently stand, the company is due to make a profit.
However, the amount that the company owes the directors is much more than the profit would be.
- How can some of the loan be moved from the balance sheet and have an entry in the P&L?
- Can it be included as an item somewhere in the P&L?
2) Also, with the directors’ salary, they didn’t withdraw the whole salary due for the year from the bank.
The half which they did withdraw from the bank is already in the admin expenses. How to account for the salary still owing at the end of the company’s financial year?
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 402 4
- sole trader - operating under cis 65 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 101 2
- What does it mean?? 347 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 286 13
- VAT on motor expenses 895 32
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 70 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,706 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,306 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 101 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 140 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 164 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 201 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 160 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 745 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 392 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 210 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 334 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 116 2
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 97 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,548
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 472
- NOVA 329
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 236
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 222
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Management expenses for investment company 209
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 205
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 194