Directors Loan and Dissolved Company
I was a Director of a limited company that hit hard times and eventually ended up being struck off by companies house for not filling returns.
I stuck my head in the sand during a period of around 3 years not filling in self assessment returns etc hoping that something magic would happen and it would either go away or I would win the lottery but alas neither has happened and I need to get it sorted.
My question is based around money I took out of the business. I was paying myself a salary and taking other money out as dividends. However now that the company no longer exists could I claim that the money I was going to declare as dividends was actually a directors loan and if I do will that mean as the company no longer exists I wouldn't be liable to pay tax on it.
Any help greatly appreciated - ordinarily I am a high rate tax payer and so is my wife so it's not as if I shirk paying tax this could just mean the difference between losing my house or not.
- HMRC Postal Delays 267 8
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,266 12
- Termination Payment 461 15
- Company Share Buy Back 324 8
- P11D Car Value 83 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 235 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,967 30
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 284 5
- bookkeeping system 672 9
- Legal advisor recommendation please 172 3
- Landing clients 695 21
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 547 6
- Signed accounts for bank 523 10
- Non-Taxable Expenses Reimbursement 125 3
- Time to react ? ? ? 667 6
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 146 2
- Dividends 148 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 137 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 331 3
- Rent a room for half a year, fully let for the other half? 132 1