Directors Loan and Dissolved Company
I was a Director of a limited company that hit hard times and eventually ended up being struck off by companies house for not filling returns.
I stuck my head in the sand during a period of around 3 years not filling in self assessment returns etc hoping that something magic would happen and it would either go away or I would win the lottery but alas neither has happened and I need to get it sorted.
My question is based around money I took out of the business. I was paying myself a salary and taking other money out as dividends. However now that the company no longer exists could I claim that the money I was going to declare as dividends was actually a directors loan and if I do will that mean as the company no longer exists I wouldn't be liable to pay tax on it.
Any help greatly appreciated - ordinarily I am a high rate tax payer and so is my wife so it's not as if I shirk paying tax this could just mean the difference between losing my house or not.
- Capital Gains 260 3
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 49 2
- Tax Fines - HMRC 644 9
- Here we go.... 575 23
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 49 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 773 31
- Probate services 270 3
- trading losses allowable? 652 10
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 83 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 277 5
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 237 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 626 21
- Community Faux Pas 556 19
- Group relief for CT 106 2
- Practical experience 759 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,231 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,506 32
- Which VAT rate to use 119 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 310 13
- Post AAT? 569 2