Directors wanting to provide self-employed services to their own training company

Two owner/directors both of whom have separate self-employment have been advised by a "friend who runs a seminar business that turns over several million pounds" that they can "where appropriate, invoice the company for specific contributions made, like organising an event, hosting an event, or delivering a seminar".

Do others agree? I would imaging that the self-employed tests would need to apply, but how would HMRC view this?


There are 3 comments. Login or register to view them.

Clever friend!

Euan MacLennan |
Euan MacLennan's picture


girlofwight |


RG |