Im preparing a dispensation for a client who is a contractor (Ltd Co - 1 man) working away from home in various locations mainly in the UK.
He has a company credit card and uses it for the following:
Personal costs which are always allocated to the directors loan account
He also uses the company bank account for personal expenses but these are all allocated to the directors loan account.
He does also pay for some food/drink say, £50 per month in cash and claim it back via an expenses claim supported by receipts
Occasionally he has some incidental costs such as parking or tube fares which are not supported by receipts but they are paid on the credit card.
When he travels do I need a dispensation for an overnight allowance for incidentals? (£5 uk, £10 outside UK?) Or can I just use this allowance?
What needs to go on the dispensation and is there a particular way to word this? I've been told dispensations are great when you get then but its difficult to get them! Can anyone assist?
- Late leaver notification 394 8
- What does PITA mean? 865 22
- Any printer recommendations? 222 7
- PAYE & NIC 302 22
- Corporation Tax disallowed entertaining 269 5
- Interim dividends 226 6
- How do I tackle fraudulent use of a clients SA tax return? 1,119 7
- proposed dividends 707 23
- Business loan not in client's name 128 1
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 176 2
- VAT on Exhibition services 161 4
- Company Payroll 212 2
- Dates, more dates and cessation 133 2
- Out of date tax returns 293 2
- Filling in my self assessment 999 17
- ACCA CPD verifiable units 195 2
- Any chance of winning an Appeal with HRMC for late self assessment charges 387 7
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 489 6
- FPS responses ... 559 16
- Nominal Codes 301 9
- Sanzar 502
- Digital marketing focus group 402
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 382
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 342
- Sainsbury's mangement 338
- Continuity Agreement 331
- Avanti Accounts 330
- Buyback 289
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 237
- Aggresive sales from Iris 209