Im preparing a dispensation for a client who is a contractor (Ltd Co - 1 man) working away from home in various locations mainly in the UK.
He has a company credit card and uses it for the following:
Personal costs which are always allocated to the directors loan account
He also uses the company bank account for personal expenses but these are all allocated to the directors loan account.
He does also pay for some food/drink say, £50 per month in cash and claim it back via an expenses claim supported by receipts
Occasionally he has some incidental costs such as parking or tube fares which are not supported by receipts but they are paid on the credit card.
When he travels do I need a dispensation for an overnight allowance for incidentals? (£5 uk, £10 outside UK?) Or can I just use this allowance?
What needs to go on the dispensation and is there a particular way to word this? I've been told dispensations are great when you get then but its difficult to get them! Can anyone assist?
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,152 13
- Tips on meals 160 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 510 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 143 3
- Personal Tax 723 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 159 2
- Stumped - IHT 124 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 407 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 471 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 129 1
- property capital gains 131 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 390 7
- CGT and primary residence 168 1
- Marriage Allowance 267 3
- S455 and February year ends 323 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 888 18
- Closing down loss-making company 455 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3