Im preparing a dispensation for a client who is a contractor (Ltd Co - 1 man) working away from home in various locations mainly in the UK.
He has a company credit card and uses it for the following:
Personal costs which are always allocated to the directors loan account
He also uses the company bank account for personal expenses but these are all allocated to the directors loan account.
He does also pay for some food/drink say, £50 per month in cash and claim it back via an expenses claim supported by receipts
Occasionally he has some incidental costs such as parking or tube fares which are not supported by receipts but they are paid on the credit card.
When he travels do I need a dispensation for an overnight allowance for incidentals? (£5 uk, £10 outside UK?) Or can I just use this allowance?
What needs to go on the dispensation and is there a particular way to word this? I've been told dispensations are great when you get then but its difficult to get them! Can anyone assist?
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 239 7
- Directors loan accounts 370 9
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 312 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 252 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 101 2
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 172 1
- Employed clients and expenses 793 14
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,032 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 695 29
- Taxfiler V's BTC 901 34
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,102 20
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 507 18
- I.d for vat registration 270 10
- Bookkeping software 901 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 288 9
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 251 4
- Auto Enrolment set up 345 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,826 42
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 127 2
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 159 6
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 540
- NOVA 489
- Bonus Bonds 374
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 353
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 274
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 239
- Friendly Pensions 170
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 156
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 140
- Finance Lease 139