Im preparing a dispensation for a client who is a contractor (Ltd Co - 1 man) working away from home in various locations mainly in the UK.
He has a company credit card and uses it for the following:
Personal costs which are always allocated to the directors loan account
He also uses the company bank account for personal expenses but these are all allocated to the directors loan account.
He does also pay for some food/drink say, £50 per month in cash and claim it back via an expenses claim supported by receipts
Occasionally he has some incidental costs such as parking or tube fares which are not supported by receipts but they are paid on the credit card.
When he travels do I need a dispensation for an overnight allowance for incidentals? (£5 uk, £10 outside UK?) Or can I just use this allowance?
What needs to go on the dispensation and is there a particular way to word this? I've been told dispensations are great when you get then but its difficult to get them! Can anyone assist?
- Sports Sponsorship 197 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 321 7
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 73 2
- Paid too much !! 366 3
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 207 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 119 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 241 1
- will this work for IHT 261 2
- Best software for small practice? 665 20
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,763 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 314 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 265 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 515 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 153 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 126 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 133 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 485 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 756 11
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 292 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 218 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 771
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 456
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 251
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 184
- Just checking re PSA 178