Im preparing a dispensation for a client who is a contractor (Ltd Co - 1 man) working away from home in various locations mainly in the UK.
He has a company credit card and uses it for the following:
Personal costs which are always allocated to the directors loan account
He also uses the company bank account for personal expenses but these are all allocated to the directors loan account.
He does also pay for some food/drink say, £50 per month in cash and claim it back via an expenses claim supported by receipts
Occasionally he has some incidental costs such as parking or tube fares which are not supported by receipts but they are paid on the credit card.
When he travels do I need a dispensation for an overnight allowance for incidentals? (£5 uk, £10 outside UK?) Or can I just use this allowance?
What needs to go on the dispensation and is there a particular way to word this? I've been told dispensations are great when you get then but its difficult to get them! Can anyone assist?
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 290 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 69 7
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 469 15
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 81 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,280 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,249 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 985 29
- You know its over 404 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 525 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 258 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 207 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 197 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 316 3
- Cocaine anyone? 555 8
- Late Registration for VAT 506 13
- EIS/SEIS 170 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 291 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 441 5
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 747 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 581 10
- Hive up 498
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 466
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 283
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 212
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 209
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 188
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 185