Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,362 422
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 289 7
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 66 1
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 53 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 274 1
- References for clients 85 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 977 49
- corp tax software 282 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 175 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 138 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 547 24
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 339 16
- Is this fraud? 553 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 90 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 277 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 98 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 161 4
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 158 1
- Naming new company 324 6
- Saying goodbye 562 14
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,288
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 458
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Franchise income and costs 247
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 160
- Employer's Helpline 154
- employment capital allowances 144
- CIS paid under reg 9 133