Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Recharge for private use of a company car 164 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 319 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 117 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,249 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 382 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,450 18
- Vat 239 4
- CT/CIS offset 108 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 158 4
- Trade name 160 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 127 1
- New business - journal entries 305 20
- B2B vat in the EU 102 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 307 18
- Why should I retain membership? 2,654 45
- VAT on deposits 202 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 124 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 399 12
- option to tax 202 1
- Share of profits from building society 96 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 776
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 705
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 383
- Social investment tax relief 203
- Digita Hosted Software 197
- Call Centre Data Costs 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 154
- Travel costs and contractors 149
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 142
- Certificates of tax deposit 134