Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Would this save hours of your time? 352 7
- Laptop purchase 1,346 20
- PTP software disaster 213 2
- Wrong career 413 17
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 149 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 196 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 85 2
- Director's tax return 187 3
- Tricky VAT question 123 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 95 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 224 6
- VT accounts licence key 230 5
- Weely paid employees 208 2
- Splitting the tax year 75 1
- FPS Submission 128 2
- Value pricing 635 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 200 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 124 1
- vat return 216 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 172 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 787
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 542
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 408
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 289
- Free Tax Legislation? 249
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 233
- Director Loan account operation 230
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 223
- Paye procedures for CVA 157