Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 100 4
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 382 5
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 519 12
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 490 9
- Transferring DLA between Directors 289 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 119 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 105 1
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 185 1
- Stumped - IHT 335 5
- Creative Auto Enrolment 812 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,380 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 119 3
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 256 4
- True Potential AE 273 2
- Closing down loss-making company 517 6
- CGT and primary residence 231 2
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 328 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,248 14
- VAT disaggregation 295 4
- Giving shares away 459 8