Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 497 20
- Company dividends 368 12
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 382 6
- SA late payment penalty 164 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 283 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 84 1
- Copy Wanted 635 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 91 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 97 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 101 3
- Software 304 7
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,409 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 255 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 162 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 152 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 115 1
- Closing a limited company 209 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 149 2
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 141 3
- Window Comb Binder Cover 354 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 540
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 510
- Latest phishing scam 397
- Entrepreneurs' relief 372
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 329
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 310
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 299
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190