Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 642 5
- See you all on the other side 692 6
- 12Pay 458 2
- dividends 611 2
- R&D 318 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,181 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 440 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 415 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 373 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 545 5
- Seeking a tax case 642 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 505 4
- Companies house strike off 550 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 429 2
- Moving to the cloud 745 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 216 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 904 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 210 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,092 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 501 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 562
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 373
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 327
- USA help 317
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 297
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 293
- Marginal rates of tax 293
- Class 2 NI 278