Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 29 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 62 1
- Pay in Lieu of notice 60 2
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 89 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,075 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 69 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 167 1
- Deduction from Salary 455 11
- Doctor and Locum Work 139 2
- State pension 121 1
- NALS Accountants Report 285 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 256 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,118 40
- CIC Company 616 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 275 6
- This is getting boring 466 10
- 27,000 Really? 728 24
- VAT on printing when being a third party 104 2
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 200 3
- Farm barn lettings 134 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 374
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 348
- Cancelled 322
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 298
- Probiz 287
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 256
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 245
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 214
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 190