Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,239 45
- practice planning 157 3
- Accounts Software 713 19
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 240 9
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 499 14
- Dividend Vouchers 377 5
- Gift to employee 414 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 162 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 153 2
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,120 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 187 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 160 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,666 10
- Which address 1,080 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 615 20
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,526 17
- R&D tax claim 265 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 555 9
- Tax Allowance on University Course 211 1
- Transfer of a business 137 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 489
- CTA study material 467
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 339
- Pre incorp expenses 324
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 275
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 265
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 214
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 169
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 141
- Employment related securities question 129