Disposal of MV
I have a client who has sold a motor vehicle, bought through his sole trader business.
In the MV account, after putting sale price through and depreciation reversed this leaves £4,000 as a debit. balance
In the acounts I am assuming that I will need to
Cr MV £4k to clear this balance out and Dr P & L £4k (but where woudl this go, would this be a Cr to MV Depreciation?) as this would reduce the total depreciation figure being put through overall for the year.
As the Asset list I have shows the NBV and if i input the net of vat sale figure this also leaves £4k as a negative figure.
Under her HP loan, after paying off the amount requested, and payments made thoughout the term, there is a Debit balance of £2,000. Which although i will check out, assume is an early repayment charge or interest upon paying it off early (3 years into a 6 year term),
Will I also need to
Cr HP loan £2,000 and Dr Loan Interest in the P & L £2k
Just haven't dealt with a disposal that has cleared something out completely before.
Any help would be appreciated.
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,563 45
- Owning overseas property 263 2
- Next Move 560 16
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 259 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 169 3
- Company formation and bank account 293 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 660 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 563 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 402 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 209 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 396 8
- OneNote is fantastic 512 11
- VAT Direct Debit 365 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 446 8
- Self Assessment Software 689 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 438 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,359 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 275 11
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 370 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 659
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 402
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 401
- Property letting & CAs 392
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 385
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 340
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 283
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230
- DTA tie-breaker issue 202