Dividend 10% Tax Credit
A limited company is going to pay a 10,000 Dividend to its one and only shareholder. The dividend meets all the legal requirements etc.
The dividend would attract a 10% tax credit being £1,111.11.
I have the following questions
1. Is the 10% tax credit actually paid over to HMRC, or is it only used as a notional figure to reflect the fact the dividend has been paid out of post tax profits?
2. Is the full dividend of £10,000 paid over to the shareholder?
3. In the companies accounts the £10,000 would be the figure recorded as the dividend payment?
Many thanks for your help
- Company Secretarial Software 1,355 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 630 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 219 7
- Real names 1,060 33
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 30 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 108 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 250 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,554 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,919 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,909 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 60 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 113 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 158 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 458 22
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 90 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 84 1
- Tax position re this lease? 154 2
- VAT on Training Courses 137 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 135 2
- Self employed travel expenses 165 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 271
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 265
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 256
- Cancelled 197
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 167