Dividend 10% Tax Credit
A limited company is going to pay a 10,000 Dividend to its one and only shareholder. The dividend meets all the legal requirements etc.
The dividend would attract a 10% tax credit being £1,111.11.
I have the following questions
1. Is the 10% tax credit actually paid over to HMRC, or is it only used as a notional figure to reflect the fact the dividend has been paid out of post tax profits?
2. Is the full dividend of £10,000 paid over to the shareholder?
3. In the companies accounts the £10,000 would be the figure recorded as the dividend payment?
Many thanks for your help
- General tax book with planning 138 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,192 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 272 11
- Gift of property & improvements 107 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 335 5
- VAT Invoice 123 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 798 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 123 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 207 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 170 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 142 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 441 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 366 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 250 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 180 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 159 4
- SA302's anyone?? 532 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 192 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 292
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 148