Dividend 10% Tax Credit
A limited company is going to pay a 10,000 Dividend to its one and only shareholder. The dividend meets all the legal requirements etc.
The dividend would attract a 10% tax credit being £1,111.11.
I have the following questions
1. Is the 10% tax credit actually paid over to HMRC, or is it only used as a notional figure to reflect the fact the dividend has been paid out of post tax profits?
2. Is the full dividend of £10,000 paid over to the shareholder?
3. In the companies accounts the £10,000 would be the figure recorded as the dividend payment?
Many thanks for your help
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 943 29
- You know its over 322 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 482 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 209 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 163 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 151 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 227 3
- Cocaine anyone? 500 8
- Late Registration for VAT 480 13
- EIS/SEIS 135 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 270 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 409 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 417 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 708 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 550 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 584 4
- Personal pension 398 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 221 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,213 11
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 167 3
- Hive up 489
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 453
- corporate hierarchy 433
- Advice - 271
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 223
- WWOOFers 216
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 205
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 194
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 175
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 173