Dividend 10% Tax Credit
A limited company is going to pay a 10,000 Dividend to its one and only shareholder. The dividend meets all the legal requirements etc.
The dividend would attract a 10% tax credit being £1,111.11.
I have the following questions
1. Is the 10% tax credit actually paid over to HMRC, or is it only used as a notional figure to reflect the fact the dividend has been paid out of post tax profits?
2. Is the full dividend of £10,000 paid over to the shareholder?
3. In the companies accounts the £10,000 would be the figure recorded as the dividend payment?
Many thanks for your help
- Set-off interest received against interest paid? 37 1
- Bank account frozen 103 2
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 184 5
- Is renting a house deductable 229 9
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 852 26
- Writing Website Content 649 23
- Charity Account-independent examiner 159 2
- Share valuation upon death of shareholder 103 2
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 160 4
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 237 2
- Badges of trade 339 6
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 258 4
- CT61 Interest - Is it voluntary? 117 2
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 145 3
- AIA 342 5
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 289 8
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 209 9
- Capital Goods Scheme 214 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 323 7
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,751 14
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 450
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 419
- Electric Car 353
- S222 Charge 282
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 262
- IP trans to holding company 218
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 199
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 192
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 162
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 157