Dividend tax credit - am I going mad?
I completed a tax return today with the following entries on:
Dividends 55,000 (gross)
Qualifying loan interest expense (10,000)
Personal allowance (6,475)
Taxable income 44,525
The software calculated the tax borne correctly, but then only allowed around 4,400 of the dividend tax credit to be relieved against the liability!
Am I correct to assume this is a glitch and that the full 5,500 should be deducted to arrive at the liability?
I look forward to hearing from fellow members about this, thanks on advance for your comments.
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,184 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 209 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,001 23
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 215 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 578 12
- Personal Tax 477 11
- USA Tax Query 148 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,656 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 939 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 264 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 594 18
- Corrupt Excel File 673 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 345 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,973 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 399 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 161 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 309 4
- last minute request 498 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,252 46