Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Do I need to file a tax return whilst working abroad? 33 1
- Directors Current Account and dividends 246 18
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 600 26
- Company accounts for £350 138 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 702 28
- Property pages or self-employed? 240 4
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,439 15
- wife as partner 52 2
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 373 7
- Identity Checks 186 6
- Allowable expenses on retal property 296 7
- Running Sage on a Mac 157 2
- When to register or not for PAYE 495 9
- Business only use of company car 1,681 36
- question 493 5
- CGT usage of ER lifetime limit 338 12
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 424 1
- Software for Accounts layout 111 1
- Mandatory Capitalisation 169 2
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,362 94
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 291
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 263
- French ConnectionUK 207
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 198
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 189
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 188
- APN's 177
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 160
- FRS 101 Software 143