Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- FYAs on second-hand vans 220 6
- Why do I do this every year 357 9
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 244 20
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 290 5
- closing limited company 145 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 60 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 483 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 242 9
- IHT and US resident 52 1
- What sectors to target? 584 29
- Limited Companies Merger 206 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 129 1
- Practice management 377 7
- IHT and cash gifts 241 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 523 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,594 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 251 1
- eBay trading 232 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 258 10
- Self assesment online 949 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 925
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 645
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 593
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 409
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 309
- Scratch Head 238
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 229
- Sabbatical payments 194
- Negligible Value Claim 169