Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Accountant software 405 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 138 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 229 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 140 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 197 4
- CIS gross status review 89 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 123 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 348 6
- Flat rate vat error 242 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 134 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 143 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 82 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 146 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 360 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 619 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 268 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 608 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 202 4
- Charge out rates in London? 216 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 184 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 752
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 483
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 297
- How to format a stock book 264
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 211
- Tax efficient holding company structure 201
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 191
- Investment property company accounts template 190
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 168
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 160