Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Ltd company or sole trader 38 1
- Insolvent Liquidation 103 1
- insolvency ip control 154 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 297 3
- Free Agent data? 83 1
- Generic PAYE notices 69 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 121 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 513 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 535 12
- Fee protection 85 1
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 113 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 71 1
- UK company avoiding tax 179 2
- Finland 74 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 959 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 166 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,197 40
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 105 1
- Closing Limited Company 382 10
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 136