Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 130 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 335 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 216 3
- FreeAgent question 113 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 141 2
- CIS monthly returns 192 2
- Goodie bag 1,562 52
- Husband Wife let property 354 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 503 12
- Output tax for retailer 319 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 289 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 142 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 139 1
- CT600 Advice 147 1
- Fair Value Accounting 83 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 163 4
- can I approach clients ? 418 8
- Companies House Penalties 156 2
- Apostille documents 121 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 551 13
- Possible Partnership? 645
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 521
- New Fangled Penalties 450
- Fuming! 384
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 319
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 259
- Outsource Data Entry 243
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 238
- Moving away from CCH software 231
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 178