Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 453 6
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 321 10
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 75 1
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 524 22
- UK company to be a foreign entity 76 1
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 97 4
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 146 3
- Growing pains 136 1
- Residents Association Corp Tax 101 2
- Gift to employee 127 2
- Who can I refer leads to? 371 8
- Cash accounting to flat rate scheme 110 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 153 1
- new capital structure ltd with investors 307 5
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 151 2
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 279 4
- Directors/owners taking too much cash... 1,864 17
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 412 12
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 170 4
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 731 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 437
- CTA study material 394
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 292
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 252
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 231
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 219
- Slight twist on employment related securities 199
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 162
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 145