Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- General tax book with planning 127 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,177 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 262 11
- Gift of property & improvements 97 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 326 5
- VAT Invoice 107 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 789 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 113 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 196 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 159 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 133 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 430 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 357 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 243 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 176 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 256 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 157 4
- SA302's anyone?? 530 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,641 41
- Renting for military reasons 189 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,617
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 899
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 290
- Management expenses for investment company 262
- Bonus Bonds 260
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 171
- tax on apprenticeship income 171
- P11D benefit received by widow 148