Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,628 49
- Not renewing AAT 554 6
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 415 9
- New dividend taxation 239 1
- Company formation and bank account 329 9
- Next Move 598 18
- Owning overseas property 279 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 273 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 187 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 671 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 587 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 220 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 403 8
- OneNote is fantastic 531 11
- VAT Direct Debit 375 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 461 8
- Self Assessment Software 693 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 447 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,363 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 295 11
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 662
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 395
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 389
- 2015 tax year end 388
- FCA regulated company in a small group 343
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 293
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 234
- DTA tie-breaker issue 203
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 201