Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- owner paying for purchases and other expenses from personal account 22 1
- AIA 306 5
- Writing Website Content 527 19
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 260 8
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 173 9
- Can HMRC charge penalties now for a tax return due for 2005? 137 3
- Charity Account-independent examiner 75 1
- Capital Goods Scheme 203 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 308 7
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,694 14
- The Pensions Regulator 343 9
- Pension contributions and childcare vouchers 99 1
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,569 14
- Badges of trade 287 5
- Rollover Relief - Commercial to Residential 198 6
- Intercompany - Sage 50 Accounts 53 1
- HMRC Post 919 12
- Form 17 Download 291 2
- Schedule A losses 426 12
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,974 26
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 443
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 413
- Electric Car 351
- S222 Charge 276
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 258
- IP trans to holding company 217
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 215
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 192
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 184
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 160