Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 167 6
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 126 2
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 181 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 243 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 367 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 313 9
- Merging my businesses 107 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,567 61
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,693 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 512 16
- VAT on commercial property 128 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,019 49
- deceased creditor 187 5
- Corporate member of LLP 276 1
- Investment company 267 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 335 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 217 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 371 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 106 1
- Transfer of stock 365 12
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 533
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 306
- Sanzar 303
- Digital marketing focus group 284
- How do you do it 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 249
- Portia ... Where art thou 244