Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 34 2
- CIC accounts submission 43 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 190 5
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 566 19
- Know it alls (who don't) 393 11
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 404 9
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 257 11
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,485 44
- What does it mean?? 456 12
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 1,020 13
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 228 4
- VAT & Landlords 205 6
- Make an adjustment to profits chargeable to class 4 nic 99 2
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 170 5
- Tax advice person/business 246 2
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 719 15
- Extraction of Factory from Trading Company and Leaseback 102 3
- Loan write off by Company 100 2
- Late P45 143 2
- Auto enrolment and husband & Wife companies 428 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,562
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 860
- International interest certificate 475
- NOVA 332
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 245
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 234
- Management expenses for investment company 223
- Bonus Bonds 216
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 203
- Check my logic on this please? 185