Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Just for fun. 976 33
- Spam blocking 682 36
- Subject to tax and NIC? 132 4
- HMRC don't make it easy! 237 4
- Intercompany advice 201 3
- Does the AR01 reflect the actual money invested in a company 207 9
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 290 9
- Recouping VAT on third-party purchases 133 2
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 299 13
- Is interest still due? 228 4
- Spreadsheets - electronically owned data?? 174 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 539 2
- Ex-gratia payments 360 7
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 209 5
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 227 4
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 121 1
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 298 3
- Excel Instances 144 2
- How to pay national insurance 583 17
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,774 13
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 391
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 389
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 354
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 321
- Perkbox 321
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 278
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 274
- Document Management Systems 259
- WIP Software 244
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 186