Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Saying goodbye 294 8
- Sportman claiming for training kit 970 11
- Flat rate scheme 127 3
- Drop box Storage 155 3
- Is this fraud? 194 4
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 260 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,158 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 607 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 84 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 402 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 94 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 355 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 90 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 200 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 294 15
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 300 1
- Naming new company 159 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 787 33
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 156 2
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 287 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,268
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 452
- National Insurance 351
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 258
- Franchise income and costs 236
- Hands on experience of Digita 192
- Employer's Helpline 144
- employment capital allowances 134
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 130