Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 498 9
- Incapable of reading 197 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 182 3
- How much to charge 280 4
- How to pay national insurance 227 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 233 4
- Government Gateway 1,008 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,582 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 215 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 104 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 125 2
- P11D Rejection 389 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 555 14
- Selling a practice 380 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,295 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 171 1
- Dormant payroll 851 9
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 196 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,375 21
- Theatre Tax Relief 447
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 349
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 343
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 314
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 219
- WIP Software 208