Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 617 5
- See you all on the other side 678 6
- 12Pay 442 2
- dividends 597 2
- R&D 311 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,171 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 436 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 395 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 368 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 538 5
- Seeking a tax case 637 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 500 4
- Companies house strike off 533 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 415 2
- Moving to the cloud 735 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 214 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 893 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 206 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,088 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 489 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 560
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 420
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 371
- IRIS and FRS 102 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 323
- USA help 315
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 295
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 288
- Marginal rates of tax 280
- Class 2 NI 268