Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 275 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 827 20
- The importance of Grammar 899 24
- New starter - tax code 179 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 117 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,684 60
- PI cover 100 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 126 2
- HMRC site down ? 163 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 140 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 202 3
- Xero Pain Points 257 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 93 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 120 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 161 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 381 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 593 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 223
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174