Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Should replies on AWEB show details of the qualifications 108 4
- Personal allowance 634 14
- New Fangled Penalties 1,099 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 117 1
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 86 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 711 30
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 799 9
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 265 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 371 10
- VAT on employee loan 289 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 948 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 134 2
- Accountants website 382 5
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 168 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 468 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 99 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 114 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,411 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 224 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 176 6
- Moving away from CCH software 939
- QROP pension input amounts 431
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 375
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 346
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 313
- fraud 272
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 243
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 215
- Construction CIS LLP Company 195
- EPS and CIS deductions 188