Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 136 7
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,077 29
- Late Registration for VAT 221 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 108 1
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 577 10
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 146 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 96 1
- Personal pension 281 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 126 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 68 1
- Registering a company late 322 11
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 211 1
- Deferred Tax 271 5
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,276 17
- How much of your work is admin? 408 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 206 3
- physiotherapy clinic 614 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 232 2
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 328 8
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,833 23
- TheTax Donut 1,022
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 419
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 332
- AIA or IFA 216