Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Stock of photos to capatilise 184 8
- Rogue Accountant 3,341 53
- Practice management software 1,064 20
- Assigning loan from Company to adult children 25 1
- micro entity balance sheet query 57 3
- Where has Portia gone? 3,202 88
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 324 19
- Inheritance Tax - Gifts UK 144 1
- VAT on a private sale? 128 5
- RTI Payroll ID 533 17
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 216 3
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,217 24
- Payroll software 165 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 60 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 593 19
- Trade Association Dinner 144 1
- RTI - duplicate employee record 592 1
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 166 4
- Change if career direction from industry to practice 191 2
- Depreciation of Revalued Building 62 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 809
- Pensions Regulator 459
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 420
- Sanzar 323
- How do you do it 313
- Digital marketing focus group 304
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 278
- new investor structure 187
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 179
- Fit for purpose 178