Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 281 4
- Goods Purchased for Rental 124 5
- Buy to let and capitak gain 89 2
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 280 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 447 10
- are receipts needed? 592 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 246 3
- Bookkeping software 698 7
- Clogged Losses 271 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 250 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 647 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 305 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 256 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 114 1
- General tax book with planning 247 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 185 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 199 1
- Gift of property & improvements 156 3
- VAT Invoice 212 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 518
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 315
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 179
- P11D benefit received by widow 156
- EXACT ONLINE 151
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 149