Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 46 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 148 3
- Physiotherapy And Vat 160 5
- how to value rental space 55 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 297 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 54 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 444 5
- Output tax for retailer 252 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 439 11
- Budget 2015 predictions 133 4
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,914 32
- Telemarketing 111 3
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 90 1
- Non domicile swiss bank 119 2
- Husband Wife let property 103 1
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 92 1
- Gift between companies 120 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 452 6
- Why .... 713 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 948 9
- Possible Partnership? 591
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 497
- New Fangled Penalties 403
- Clubs and Taxable Income 326
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 295
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 248
- Loans to other companies 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 209
- Outsource Data Entry 203
- Moving away from CCH software 197