Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 485 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 153 5
- Settlement discount 43 3
- signature required 429 19
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 79 5
- CT600 32 1
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 150 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 84 2
- Pratice Management Software 41 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 186 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 103 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 176 2
- Homing sandwiches 361 9
- Related Party Transactions 100 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 76 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 456 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 752 13
- More AE! 757 17
- Web sites 242 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 602 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,229
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 511
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 187
- TheTax Donut 173
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 156
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155