Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 528 12
- Fee protection 64 1
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 104 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 68 1
- UK company avoiding tax 174 2
- Finland 58 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 953 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 156 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,190 40
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 114 2
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 101 1
- Closing Limited Company 378 10
- CIS verification for SSE 93 1
- Samadian what does it mean 432 8
- conflict of interest? 315 5
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 286 2
- VAT question for services billed to Switzerland but taking place in the UK 151 2
- Excessive Security 483 18
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 639 30
- Xtuple 479
- Qtac payroll for bureau 322
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 268
- Industrial & Provident Societies 258
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 197
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 164
- New strategic report 158
- insolvency ip control 147