Dividend Waiver & CSA
Company wishes to pay Dividend to 5 family members all equal shareholders.
Dividend will put 2 shareholders into higher rate taxes & remaining 3 will remain basic rate taxpayers.
The 2 shareholders who will go into higher rate taxes have discussed possibility of waiving right to Dividend to avoid higher rates. This however is open to challenge under settlement legislation as the shareholders are all connected & the non waiving shareholders will pay less tax on any dividend than the waiving shareholders.
A 3rd shareholder who will remain basic rate taxpayer irrespective of receipt of dividend has also put forward the notion that he does not want the dividend as this will,affect a CSA assessmsnt he has to pay for maintenance.
I am currently looking into CSA assessments but from what I can see to date any dividend income which he receives will be brought into his maintenance calculation as he & connected person have control over the payment of dividends.
Can anyone point me in direction of how CSA treat Dividend payments in assessments of maintenance payments?
Also waiving dividend to get round maintenance assessment is morally questionable however has anyone come accross use of a waiver in this circumstance.
- BVI registered 161 4
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,338 23
- Closing a limited company 380 6
- Self assessment for directors 152 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 272 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,608 17
- A little knowledge 371 6
- Digita in the cloud 161 2
- Tax relief when working away 82 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 969 36
- Tax relief when working away 186 3
- Designated sole Residence 248 5
- Scratch Head 348 1
- Year end 270 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 324 13
- Clothing 640 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 173 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 204 5
- Identity check problem 1,522 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 273 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 965
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 688
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 612
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 451
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 333
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 267
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 229
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Negligible Value Claim 207