I have a client who is a single director/shareholder of a company. Like many, despite my protests, he continues to use his busines bank account like his personal account and pays for a great deal of personal expenses through it.
At the end of the year when I come to complete the company accounts I allocate all these expenses to his directors loan account. In addition, where profits allow I would declare these withdrawals as directors dividends.
My question is at what date would these dividends be declared and accounted for? Should I work out what the total dividend should be and declare the total at the year end date or should they be apportioned throughout the year accordingly?
- P11d query 269 5
- Rental expenses 57 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 137 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 351 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 88 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 337 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 296 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 478 10
- Landing clients 424 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,155 22
- Termination Payment 212 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 220 3
- CRM / marketing 114 2
- Allocation of income from property 759 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,886 28
- Opening a Quick books file 145 1
- 64-8 problems 524 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 351 10