I have a client who is a single director/shareholder of a company. Like many, despite my protests, he continues to use his busines bank account like his personal account and pays for a great deal of personal expenses through it.
At the end of the year when I come to complete the company accounts I allocate all these expenses to his directors loan account. In addition, where profits allow I would declare these withdrawals as directors dividends.
My question is at what date would these dividends be declared and accounted for? Should I work out what the total dividend should be and declare the total at the year end date or should they be apportioned throughout the year accordingly?
- Disbursement of recharge 380 2
- Mortgage Reference 903 16
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 299 9
- Payroll manager and the cloud 307 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 106 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 147 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 125 1
- RTI offline? 616 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 148 1
- CIS and Xero 277 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 252 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 171 2
- property capital gains 411 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 149 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 935 9
- Tips on meals 570 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,352 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 230 3
- Closing down loss-making company 812 15